Page 77 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1476

Thread: Mfs_Ftp: extract, archive, restore & transfer recordings

I'm trying to use tmf2ty and I need a little help with the commands. This command;

"copy /B C:\part00.ty+C:\part01.ty+C:\part02.ty c:\combined.ty"

works if I move the files to the "C" drive, but I have a dedicated drive for video labeled "H".

When I transpose the "C" in the command with "H" it says it can't find the specified file.

What am I doing wrong?

Does the copy /B stay the same?
    Last edited by Jetstream; 01-01-2007 at 06:15 PM.
    (1) HR10-250 Fully Hacked, 6.3a-01-2-357
    (1) HR20 Given to Daughter and Grandkids because, as DTV puts it, " It's better than the HR10-250" Yeah right!

Are those files all in the root dir of h:?

Yes they are. The question was more geared towards the combining of parts and not specifically tmf2ty.

I used stuffit deluxe to untar the tmf file and was trying to combine the parts.

The second part of my question involves finding the right commands to use tmf2ty. I've been trying to use commands similar to tytompg, and substituting the .exe file without the exe of course.
    Last edited by Jetstream; 01-01-2007 at 07:04 PM.
    (1) HR20 Given to Daughter and Grandkids because, as DTV puts it, " It's better than the HR10-250" Yeah right!

Are you changing every C:\? I ask because you say the "C" as opposed to the C's.

copy /B h:\part00.ty+h:\part01.ty+h:\part02.ty h:\combined.ty

You could also try copy /B h:\part*.ty h:\combined.ty, but I'm not sure Windows command line will process them in alphabetical order.

Just didn't say it clear. I did change all the "C"s.

Curious about the /B though. What does it do? I am trying to learn these commands so I don't have to ask. Where can I learn these commands?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Just didn't say it clear. I did change all the "C"s.

Curious about the /B though. What does it do? I am trying to learn these commands so I don't have to ask. Where can I learn these commands?
    /B is for binary; here is the XP documentation page. Why don't you just go right to h:

Code:
    c:\h:
    h:\copy /B part00.ty + part01.ty + part02.ty combined.ty
    Avoid the prefixing all together. Not sure if it makes a difference but try to space your arguments, that's how it looks in the MS examples...
    ScanMan --> Just another Tivo hacker...
    Killhdinitrd SA S2 Monte S2 Unscramble Upgrade Tivo Software

I got mfs_ftp working it's super.

We have 4 Series 1 TiVo's here and 2 Series 2's. No hacks in the Series 2's. The 1st Series 1 we got I replace the hard drive in it with a 100GB one a long time ago. But the video was starting to go bad on it. I order a replacment 160GB drive for it from DVRupgrade I think it is. But before that I saved the .ty video files off it using tytool. I was looking on the web if you could save the .ty video back to TiVo. I found mfs_ftp. I know with telnet can't see any video or mail or other type file like that with a find / -name command. Because you have to enter in the mfs folder like one more command line in telnet to get to the mfs place.

In here it has so meny messages. They would take days to read it all. It was some time for me to find out mfs_ftp uses port 3105. I FTP to that port and it came up but the send or get would just come back with error saying too many retries. About the 5th message in here I seen PASV and I looked and turn that off and then the fire wall came up and I said let it go though. Now it works and I tested one .ty video and it plays in a nother TiVo just like it recorded on it. I am now saving all the videos back to this 160GB TiVo.

I remember seeing mfs_ftp for a long time but I thought it was just some other FTP. I did not know it was for the video places stored on TiVo. Thank you for mfs_ftp. It's super. As long as you get it working. To bad the read me don't say set for PASV mode and the defalt port is 3105! That was a long time for me to find out what was wrong.
    Last edited by Raymond Day; 01-08-2007 at 03:49 PM.
    Raymond J Day

mfs_ftp crashes

I've been trying for countless hours to get mfs_ftp working without much success. Since TyTool doesn't give me a complete NowShowing list, I wanted to try mfs_ftp. I've gone through this thread as well as others. I'm running an HR10-250 with 6.2. I loaded mfs_ftp 1.2.9 with JBUEHL and JAMIE patch. I also added p2.tcl since I have a lot of recordings of this 750 hour unit. I tried using the export TIVOSH_POOLSIZE=2097152 command. I'm still getting crashes as indicated in the attached errout text file.

Anyone care to take a stab at what's going on? Here is my port.3105.log file after the crash:

bash-2.02# cat port.3105.log
    11:55:06:PM - sourcing settings
    11:55:06:PM - sourcing p2
    11:56:36:PM - updating cached recording info
    .................................................................................................... ...........................

.................................................................................................... ...........................

............................................................................................bash-2.02#
    bash-2.02#
    Attached Files Attached Files

you did copy in the series 2 binaries (mips version) after installing the mfs_ftp package?

Is that a typo on the software version? The HR10-250 went from 3.1 to 6.3. It never had a 6.2.

Typo on my part, I have too many Tivo's This is an HDRV2 Hughes Series 2 Tivo still running 6.2. Yes, I did copy the mips from the bin.mips directory. Here are the directions that I followed. The only thing I didn't do was the s2binsas I assume these are included in the mips file. http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...d=1#post273460
    Last edited by energy2spare; 01-10-2007 at 04:57 PM.

Fix for insert of large TMF files

I have a fix for the problem hxmiller reported in post #1131 above, with inserting large HD files on an HR10. The error message was " integer value too large to represent " and is not the same as the problem fixed here.

Quote Originally Posted by hxmiller View Post
    The problem occurs when the ty part is a large number. There is an octal number 8^11 that is the size of the ty part. If the part is large which in my case is 10310000000 base 8 or 1126170624 bytes the expression fails.

I'm testing a function that will convert the octal number to an integer the old fashion way 1 octet at a time. This replaces the bytes expr that can be used is the remaining calculations.

I think that the largest ty part can be 1073741823 bytes or (07777777777). All of the inserts that failed had a part00.ty of greater than this value.
    Actually, the problem is not an overflow problem in the usual sense. The octal number comes from a field with only 11 characters. When the first character is "0", Tcl correctly interprets the value as base 8. With large files, the first character can be a "1" and Tcl will interpret this as a decimal value. Since 10 billion decimal overflows the integer size in Tcl, the error message above results. The octal number 0o10310000000 is not too large for Tcl to handle so we just need to make sure Tcl understands the value is octal.

The fix is to edit mfs_ftp.tcl to change the following in proc tmf2fsid:

Change:
    Code:
     set bytes [expr [string range $tarh 124 134]]
    to:
    Code:
     set bytes_str 0[string range $tarh 124 134]
     set bytes $bytes_str
    This appends a leading zero to whatever number is extracted, ensuring that Tcl correctly interprets it as base 8. This fix currently works on my HR10 running 3.1.5e and is applied to mfs_ftp.tcl patched with both patches (jbuehl and jamie) and the other various fixes mentioned elsewhere in this thread. I've successfully inserted hour long OTA files from 6.3b to 3.1.5e.

Is it time to create a new patch file that incorporates all the known fixes to date? I'll probably create one for my own use and would be willing to post it if anyone is interested. If there is a comprehensive and detailed list of fixes that should be included, let me know where to find it or send it to me and I'll make sure they're all incorporated.

-Jerry

Edit 3/13/2007:
    I've added two patch files. mfs_ftp.jerrymc.patch will only add the octal fix above to your mfs_ftp.tcl file. mfs_ftp.20070121.patch will add the currently known fixes to a virgin version 1.2.9p mfs_ftp.tcl file. These include Jamie's patch, jbuehl's patch, commenting out all TMKEvent lines, and the fixes here, and here, and my octal fix.

Please use these at your own risk. I've tested the octal (jerrymc) patch file on 3.1.5e, 3.1.5f, and 6.3b and it now works on the large TMF insertions and nothing else has broken so far. YMMV. The 20070121 patch file has had limited testing. I strongly suggest some controlled experimentation before putting it to use.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jerrymc; 03-13-2007 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Clarified what is included in mfs_ftp.20070121.patch.

Awesome !

I can confirm the code is working here !

thanks you, I was just about outta hairs on my head

Thank You jerrymc! Took care of the problems I was having as well.

Creating patch file?

I'm trying to create a new patch file for mfs_ftp.tcl with my latest fix and another with all the fixes combined. Can anyone tell me what method Jamie and jbuehl used to create their patch files? When I use "diff -c" my output format is different than theirs.

Thanks,
    Jerry