Page 83 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1477

Thread: Mfs_Ftp: extract, archive, restore & transfer recordings

  1. #1231
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    13
    Ok, that makes sense then, I already loaded both those rollup patches to my box. Wonder if its my client causing the problems then.

  2. #1232
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    1,263
    I use FileZilla regularly with my Tivo units, so I doubt that's the problem. Timeout issues can be caused by firewalls and other network filters. If you're using Windows XP, try temporarily turning off the firewall to see if the problem resolves itself.

  3. #1233
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    19
    Ok really dumb question, I 've seen lots of posts in regards to this but can't seem to chase down the answer. Any help would be appreciated:
    I have 1.2.9 of MFS_FTP installed on my HR10-250 when I transfer files over to it, the tivoapp seems to run extremely slowly and sometimes if I try to go into my NPL it will crash the Tivo and it will reboot. Thanks for your help.

  4. #1234
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4
    I have been working on trying to get this running for the last 5 days. I have searched and searched until everything I have found has been seen at least twice. It's possible I'm just not searching for the right thing. But any and all help will be greatly appreciated. The closest I've gotten is being able to view the TMF directory and the show listings. As soon as I try to get the show, the connection is closed (cmd-line ftp says "connection closed by remote host", FileZilla sometime will or won't connect and when it does, it closes immediately when I attempt to download the show).

    1. I have a DTivo DSR7000 6.2a - hacked(last week) with the latest files last week
    2. I have reinstalled MFS_FTP about 10 times now and found my best steps from this site here
    3. I've tried disabling my firewall, forcing single stream, forcing binary transfer, upping the timeout period and more things than I care to remember all to no avail.

    My questions:
    1. Are the steps from the link above missing anything?
    2. From the MIPS files, the 5 transfer files discussed, I have mfs_import.c and mfs_uberexport.c. Do I need to do anything to these ".c" files first no instructions ever say so, they all just say to copy "mfs_import, mfs_uberexport, etc."?
    3. I've always done chmod +x on the 5 mfs files transfered in the above item is this right. Often I see mention to 777 and 775 referring to permissions, but not specifically to these files.
    4. When I do a "ps | grep ftp", I have three items showing /tvbin/tivosh /var/mfs_ftp/mfs_ftp.tcl 3105 background??
    5. I've tried filezilla, smartftp, command line ftp

    Am I missing anything? I wouldn't be asking if I haven't spent way to much time on this and searched until my fingers were sore because I was sure the answer was somewhere in here.

    Thank you so much, ANYBODY, that can help me!
    Last edited by dkdevin; 05-11-2007 at 04:29 PM. Reason: I mentioned something I shouldn't have. :-(

  5. #1235
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    333
    You are trying to use the source files. That's kind of like trying to drive to work in your car's instruction manual. Use the applications themselves and report back. You've got some other minor things, maybe just mistypes but you're in the ballpark.

    Never, ever mention zipper here.

  6. #1236
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Dylan View Post
    You are trying to use the source files. That's kind of like trying to drive to work in your car's instruction manual. Use the applications themselves and report back. You've got some other minor things, maybe just mistypes but you're in the ballpark.

    Never, ever mention zipper here.
    My apologies for the aforementioned item. I have edited my original post.

    So, after driving to work in my car's instruction manual, I finally realized that I had grabbed the wrong package. Holy cow, I can't believe I missed that one. OK, so I followed the steps again, this time using the MIPS files and I'm still getting the exact same problem.

    1. When I use FileZilla, I get "Unable to Connect"
    2. When I use command-line ftp, as soon as I use "get" I get "connection closed by remote host".

    I verified that mfs_ftp is running by doing a ps | grep ftp

    The port.3105 log has
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    02:32:56:PM - 226 Transfer complete.
    02:33:07:PM - 200 PORT command successful.
    bgerror invoked with error

    " unmatched open brace in list "

    re-initializing mfs_ftp

    close the current ftp connection and simply open another

    "core dump"

    info(version): 1.2.9p-patchlevel-20070207
    info(tswv): 6.2a-01-2-101
    info(dbl): 0
    info(ithrottle): 2
    info(insert_priority): 10
    info(multithreaded): 0
    info(saveuntil): suggestion
    info(name_detail): 5
    info(bjuggle): 0
    info(active): 0
    info(ac_interval): 1800
    info(gatewayip): 127.0.0.1
    info(gatewayport): 3105


    catch close lastsock val ""
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    I know I'm close. Thanks!

  7. #1237
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10
    dkdevin,

    try running mfs_ftp on port 21. I was getting the same "connection closed" errors when running on 3105. Once I started running mfs_ftp on port 21, everything worked fine.

    I think windows has some kind of "security feature" that prevents an FTP data connection initiated by a port other than 21...

  8. #1238
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    129

    Empty listing in Now Playing after transfered.

    Help... I have 2 toshiba Tivo, one is the S2 and trying to upgrade to an S2.5. I have done all the modifications/hacks to the S2.5 and it's up and running without any problem. I have also tested the S2.5 by recording a short clip and the NPL works fine. Now I am trying to pull all of the shows from my S2 -> S2.5. I am using the smartFTP 2.0, I copied over one show by dragging the .tmf file from the S2 directly over to the S2.5 and it transfered with out any error based on the the port.3105.log files on both tivos. The odd thing is when I had go to my new tivo and open up the Now Playing list, nothing is listed in it. Even the original small test recording is gone. It only has the "Deleted Recording" folder in it. Anyone has any idea what have I done wrong or what has happened? I am totally confused.

    Both of my Tivos are running upgraded 8.1a with scramble disabled.

  9. #1239
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    West Hartford CT
    Posts
    620
    Quote Originally Posted by tivosohn View Post
    Help... I have 2 toshiba Tivo, one is the S2 and trying to upgrade to an S2.5. I have done all the modifications/hacks to the S2.5 and it's up and running without any problem. I have also tested the S2.5 by recording a short clip and the NPL works fine. Now I am trying to pull all of the shows from my S2 -> S2.5. I am using the smartFTP 2.0, I copied over one show by dragging the .tmf file from the S2 directly over to the S2.5 and it transfered with out any error based on the the port.3105.log files on both tivos. The odd thing is when I had go to my new tivo and open up the Now Playing list, nothing is listed in it. Even the original small test recording is gone. It only has the "Deleted Recording" folder in it. Anyone has any idea what have I done wrong or what has happened? I am totally confused.

    Both of my Tivos are running upgraded 8.1a with scramble disabled.
    Did you make sure you transfered the files in the tmf folder on the destination TiVo?
    ~Hi8

    (4) Hughes SD DVR40
    (1) Hughes HR10-250
    (2) xbmc XBOX X2 & xbit

  10. #1240
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by Hi8 View Post
    Did you make sure you transfered the files in the tmf folder on the destination TiVo?
    I am quite sure I did dropped the file into tmf folder. The odd thing is I was able to see the Now Playing List via TivoWebPlus 2.0's NPL. I even tried to delete one of the 2 newly transfered movie using TivoWeb. When I go to the Tivo's Now Playing list, the Deleted Shows folder has a "(1)" next to it, but if I hit select to go into it, the tivo sees the list as empty and just show me the message saying the deleted shows supposed to be here.

    Anyone has any idea what has gotten into my Tivo? Or how should I debug this issue?

  11. #1241
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dougal County
    Posts
    1,007
    Quote Originally Posted by tivosohn View Post
    I am quite sure I did dropped the file into tmf folder. The odd thing is I was able to see the Now Playing List via TivoWebPlus 2.0's NPL. I even tried to delete one of the 2 newly transfered movie using TivoWeb. When I go to the Tivo's Now Playing list, the Deleted Shows folder has a "(1)" next to it, but if I hit select to go into it, the tivo sees the list as empty and just show me the message saying the deleted shows supposed to be here.

    Anyone has any idea what has gotten into my Tivo? Or how should I debug this issue?
    I've had this issue ever since upgrading to 8.x on my SD-H400 and my TCD230040. When pulling up the NPL after an insert, it's either blank or missing the inserted shows and I get all kinds of error messages on the serial console about missing DRM objects. Direct inserts via mfs_ftp and using MovieLoader have the same issues as well as with tivoserver. MRV from hacked dtivos still works fine though.

  12. #1242
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    129
    More updates, as soon as I deleted all of the shows I have transfered from my old tivo using the TivoWeb. Now my Now playing list on the Tivo is showing the clips I recorded using the Tivo before. Anyone has any idea what's wrong?

  13. #1243
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,008
    This patch solved my screwy NPL issues with mfs_inserts...
    ScanMan --> Just another Tivo hacker...
    Killhdinitrd SA S2 Monte S2 Unscramble Upgrade Tivo Software

  14. #1244
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by ScanMan View Post
    This patch solved my screwy NPL issues with mfs_inserts...
    I just tried placing the p2.tcl into the mfs_ftp directory, the shows are still missing from the Now Playing list on the Tivo. Do I have to do anything to hook this tcl file into the mfs_ftp.tcl? Because I am using the unmodified version of 1.2.9p of mfs_ftp. Well, I only made modification to the tzoffset.

    EDIT: It's WORKING! Thanks ScanMan for the pointer. I just copy the p2.tcl onto both Tivos' mfs_ftp directory and did a dos2unix and restart the mfs_ftp server and vola!
    Last edited by tivosohn; 05-23-2007 at 09:47 PM.

  15. #1245
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Somerset, England
    Posts
    1,124
    Quote Originally Posted by dkdevin View Post
    My apologies for the aforementioned item. I have edited my original post.

    So, after driving to work in my car's instruction manual, I finally realized that I had grabbed the wrong package. Holy cow, I can't believe I missed that one. OK, so I followed the steps again, this time using the MIPS files and I'm still getting the exact same problem.

    1. When I use FileZilla, I get "Unable to Connect"
    2. When I use command-line ftp, as soon as I use "get" I get "connection closed by remote host".

    I verified that mfs_ftp is running by doing a ps | grep ftp

    The port.3105 log has
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    02:32:56:PM - 226 Transfer complete.
    02:33:07:PM - 200 PORT command successful.
    bgerror invoked with error

    " unmatched open brace in list "

    re-initializing mfs_ftp

    close the current ftp connection and simply open another

    "core dump"

    info(version): 1.2.9p-patchlevel-20070207
    info(tswv): 6.2a-01-2-101
    info(dbl): 0
    info(ithrottle): 2
    info(insert_priority): 10
    info(multithreaded): 0
    info(saveuntil): suggestion
    info(name_detail): 5
    info(bjuggle): 0
    info(active): 0
    info(ac_interval): 1800
    info(gatewayip): 127.0.0.1
    info(gatewayport): 3105


    catch close lastsock val ""
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    I know I'm close. Thanks!
    " unmatched open brace in list " sounds like the mfs_ftp script itself has become corrupt. Try re-installing it with a freshly downloaded copy.
    Stuart

    Newbies - see if your questions are answered here Experts - can you add to the knowledge stored here? Developers - are your hacks listed here?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •