Page 95 of 99 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1477

Thread: Mfs_Ftp: extract, archive, restore & transfer recordings

rayik Guest
    I have a SA2 and Dtivo. I am using MovieLoader to move shows from SA2 > DTIVO. It works very well but there are a couple of shows that will not transfer. They just "hang." In the NPL it appears as recording but has the file name from mfs (and not displaying after it starts recording).

Initially I thought this was a MovieLoader program but now I do not think so. None of these shows have "special characters" in the title. Using Flashfxp, the same failed show will transfer SA2 > PC and PC > DTIVO but will not go SA2 > DTIVO. Using flashfxp I have the same "hang" when going SA2 > DTIVO as when using MovieLoader.

I've attached the port.3105.log for both the SA2 (sending unit) and DTIVO (receiving unit) showing level 5 details for just the failed transfer (using MovieLoader). Any help would be appreciated.

If would ask for help in the mfs_ftp support thread.
    -- gfb107

Fix for subobjects in 9.x and Rollup

The schema for many objects have changed and they are now reclassed as subobjects, which results in an xml file that looks like this:
    Code:
    <Part>dbobj372</Part>
    instead of this:
    Code:
     <SubObject type="RecordingPart" id="Part">
       <Begin>0</Begin>
      <SubObject type="RecordingPartDrm" id="Drm">
        <MediaEncryptionKey>XX</MediaEncryptionKey>
        <MediaSigningKey>XX</MediaSigningKey>
        <MediaSigningKeyType>XX</MediaSigningKeyType>
        <Signature>XX</Signature>
        <SignatureType>1</SignatureType>
      </SubObject>
       <End>822771</End>
       <File>79411</File>
     </SubObject>
    I am including two patch files. The first is a rollup of jerrymc's patch here, jamie's two pasv patches here and here, and this subobj patch. It should be applied to a virgin 1.2.7p. The second attachment is just the subobj patch and should be used if you are already running the patches listed above.

Remeber to use patch from here if patching on the tivo because the busybox version is broken. You will also need to purge your cache before starting mfs_ftp.

Thanks go to jamie, as he pointed out the problem and the fix.

I have two hacked Series 1 Tivos and finally got Mfs_Ftp working with WS_FTP. I can download ty files at over 1.5 MBps but uploads are only about 50 KBps. Does anyone know how I can speed up the uploads?

thanks,
    G.M. Durrence

Update

I was using Ws_ftp pro. I switched to Ws_ftp LE 6.0 and now I am getting 180 KBps. I can live with that.

thanks,
    G.M. Durrence

Correction

Ws_ftp LE shows the speed in Kbps not KBps (Pro shows bytes, LE shows bits). This is even slower, so I still need help.

thanks,
    G.M. Durrence

here is a patch to mfs_ftp to get arround the issue that amazon unbox videos put a dash in the size for some reason.. it break movieloader and other stuff

ie

it comes out as this

ftp> dir
    200 PORT command successful.
    150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file list.
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 0 0 008212447232 May 03 04:30 {Fantastic Four Rise of
    the Silver Surfer}{2008-05-22}{}{04.30 AM Wed May 03, 2006}{HBOHD}.tmf
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 0 0 010202644480 May 03 12:15 {The Return of Maxwell S
    mart}{2008-05-22}{}{12.15 PM Wed May 03, 2006}{HBOHD}.tmf
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 0 0 014984151040 May 03 03:30 {Transformers}{1970-01-0
    1}{}{03.30 PM Wed May 03, 2006}{MAXHD}.tmf
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 0 0 0-2074083328 May 05 05:03 {Unearthed}{1970-01-01}{
    }{05.03 AM Fri May 05, 2006}{{}}.tmf
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 0 0 000111149056 May 05 03:49 {The Bravery}{1970-01-01
    }{Believe}{03.49 PM Fri May 05, 2006}{{}}.tmf
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 0 0 000121634816 May 05 03:55 {The Bravery}{1970-01-01
    }{Time Won't Let Me Go}{03.55 PM Fri May 05, 2006}{{}}.tmf
    226 Transfer complete.

after fix the dash is gone

set info($fsid,SFS) "[string map {- 0} [string range "000000000000" 0 [expr 11 - [string length $info($fsid,StreamFileSize)]]]$info($fsid,StreamFileSize)]"

I have a S2 DirecTivo, 6.2a, mfs_ftp 1.2.9p with 20070121, 20070207, 20070717b, and p1.tcl patches and latest (2006) mips mfs-utils binaries.

I can successfully use mfs_ftp to download a .tmf file from my Tivo. When I ftp in from linux to insert that .tmf back again the upload goes for some time and completes successfully with the log (attached) showing a successful transfer. However the resulting file has file size of 0. In the Tivo it shows up as duration 0:00 and attempting to play or to delete it reboots the box. It can be successfully deleted using mfs_ftp.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by dcom; 10-01-2008 at 09:59 AM.

I still can't figure out what's causing this problem. I don't know tcl, mfs, nor the tmf file format, but god and dealdatabase help those who help themselves so here I go.

Digesting the logs and examining mfs_tcp.tcl the problem is manifesting itself in this portion of code:

Code:
    proc tmf2fsid { fsid } {
    global info
     outd 1 "tmf2fsid: recobj\{$fsid\}"
     set tarh [read $info(dc) 512]
     if { $info(finished) == 1 } { return }
     set nlen [expr [string first \x00 $tarh] -1]
     if { $nlen == -1 } {
            outd 2 "end of file or invalid segment - leaving tmf2fsid"
            set info(finished) 1 ; return
    ...etc, call mfs_import, etc.
    this routine is called in a loop from this statement that directs it to read in and process every chunk in the tmf file

Code:
    while { [eof $info(dc)] != 1 } { tmf2fsid $newrecording }
    The eof indicator works correctly and each chunk of the tmf file is being dutifully read from the socket. It's just for each chunk the processing is failing in tmf2fsid.

On the first chunk it fails where $nlen==-1. All subsequent chunks fail at the $info(finished)==1 exit point. I'm focusing on the first chunk failure as the first sign of trouble. nlen is resulting in -1. Reading some tcl manuals to understand the code it appears this means a null character was found in the first byte read from the socket.

I inserted a debug statement to indicate when tmf2fsid aborts because info$(finished)==1 and a debug statement to dump the contents of $tarh (apparently a read buffer for 512 bytes from the socket):

Code:
    08:44:29:AM - tmf2fsid: recobj{225873}
    08:44:29:AM - tarh: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
    08:44:29:AM - end of file or invalid segment - leaving tmf2fsid
    08:44:29:AM - tarh: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
    }JsJl9]^K]NPxAS[?uj:2DV|z?IfuT\Q        5`p3d>f$DoQFP}]1,\4KB3)?em.1B/oPVDO^NL,
    YQ#|%\rDQAR@D4@e(aRBYP\H,\@*"*Q@e@IP@MVR$L01G%KUBGM
    @PLL@T]l`2QC R^EL RD"a@pT/B3x!rV        d&\QG#i3zh*UXZ]{DXh5V,#ERSKdxT^
    08:44:29:AM - info(finished)==1
    08:44:29:AM - tarh: DU 0*UUc$htRLAR\J%l F+kSBmP]HlmVKB?A3ja	UHJ\^DX*1F=wU6C
    H<H}F/AOC+.FYUNCJ       q,\ A]Ds#NhCRRMH ^Mbc`tDSKG;*sT%l"\YG!(;Nj"EXK[KATHTT(!
    08:44:29:AM - info(finished)==1
    So it appears that initial 512 bytes read from the socket are only nulls (causing the first chunk to fail) though later in the stream there is other data. Prior log statements reveal that all the show metadata is being read from the tmf correctly.

Any comments or suggestions for where to look next most warmly welcomed.

PS: Blessed be jamie for sporadically inserting some actual comments in the mfs_ftp.tcl code.

Quote Originally Posted by dcom View Post
    I still can't figure out what's causing this problem. I don't know tcl, mfs, nor the tmf file format, but god and dealdatabase help those who help themselves so here I go. ...
    I have this feeling you may be running into the tcl buffering issue bcc reported here.

PATCH: Implement SIZE command

Ever since we lost use of the vstream plugin for VLC, I've been trying to get VLC to open files directly from mfs_ftp for viewing / streaming, but VLC didn't like mfs_ftp's command implementation set. I finally figured out that the problem was that VLC wants to know the size of the file that it's downloading, but SIZE was never implemented. I've implemented it, and so far I'm able to view any file. For a while, it would load the file every other try, but it seems pretty consistent now, so I'm not sure what the earlier problem was. This is a drop-in replacement for Jamie's patched mfs_ftp.tcl file, as it was based on that. Just unzip and restart mfs_ftp, and you can start entering ftp urls into VLC! Tested with VLC 0.9.4 and a hacked Series 1 TiVo.

- Dave

P.S. - I'd really like to hear feedback from other people trying to use this on other TiVos. My plan is to use this method to stream videos to Albatross (formerly TyStreamer) instead of the current vstream method as the latter is difficult to abort.
    Last edited by stealthdave; 10-09-2008 at 07:40 PM.

What format do the urls take? I've been copying them out of filezilla, but clearly don't have the correct syntax...

Quote Originally Posted by stealthdave View Post
    Ever since we lost use of the vstream plugin for VLC, I've been trying to get VLC to open files directly from mfs_ftp for viewing / streaming, but VLC didn't like mfs_ftp's command implementation set. I finally figured out that the problem was that VLC wants to know the size of the file that it's downloading, but SIZE was never implemented. I've implemented it, and so far I'm able to view any file. For a while, it would load the file every other try, but it seems pretty consistent now, so I'm not sure what the earlier problem was. This is a drop-in replacement for Jamie's patched mfs_ftp.tcl file, as it was based on that. Just unzip and restart mfs_ftp, and you can start entering ftp urls into VLC! Tested with VLC 0.9.4 and a hacked Series 1 TiVo.

- Dave

P.S. - I'd really like to hear feedback from other people trying to use this on other TiVos. My plan is to use this method to stream videos to Albatross (formerly TyStreamer) instead of the current vstream method as the latter is difficult to abort.
    More software at http://davidlauria.com/software.
    The lost alt-rock masterpiece from the '90s, Range of Motion's "Soft Buzz of Silence", is now available on iTunes!

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    What format do the urls take? I've been copying them out of filezilla, but clearly don't have the correct syntax...
    This works for me:

Code:
    ftp://tivo.ip:3105/ty/123456.ty
    Where tivo.ip is your TiVo's ip address and 123456 is the fsid number of the program you wish to download. You should be able to use any valid mfs_ftp file name, but you need to escape all the spaces and brackets, e.g. {General Hospital} == \{General\ Hospital\}.
    - Stealth Dave

OK, I've been using this for a while and it works great. Finding the fsids makes me nuts, so I patched the current extract module for TWP to include a new link labeled "VLC". This creates a playlist file with the correct syntax for streaming from mfs_ftp, and if you haven't already defined the .pls filetype you can have VLC open it directly.

Quote Originally Posted by stealthdave View Post
    This works for me:

Code:
    ftp://tivo.ip:3105/ty/123456.ty
    Where tivo.ip is your TiVo's ip address and 123456 is the fsid number of the program you wish to download. You should be able to use any valid mfs_ftp file name, but you need to escape all the spaces and brackets, e.g. {General Hospital} == \{General\ Hospital\}.
    Last edited by djl; 11-25-2008 at 09:55 AM. Reason: corrupt attachment
    The lost alt-rock masterpiece from the '90s, Range of Motion's "Soft Buzz of Silence", is now available on iTunes!

I only just noticed that the attachment above was corrupt... Here ya go.

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    OK, I've been using this for a while and it works great. Finding the fsids makes me nuts, so I patched the current extract module for TWP to include a new link labeled "VLC". This creates a playlist file with the correct syntax for streaming from mfs_ftp, and if you haven't already defined the .pls filetype you can have VLC open it directly.