Page 70 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1477

Thread: Mfs_Ftp: extract, archive, restore & transfer recordings

Is mfs_ftp.tcl practical for Inserts into S2 DTivo 6.2?

Always tough saying goodbye.

I have recently re-tried mfs_ftp.tcl as a methodology for inserting .ty files into some DirecTv with Tivo series 2 receivers running OS 6.2. Tried 1.2.9p with all combinations of s2 binaries and with and without all patches I could find. Also tried q and r without patches. In all cases I commented out lines containing evt. I did not try s because of Riley's reservations about it.

Never could I get insert speed (with original .ty DirecTV with Tivo files) at anything better than 1.5 hours per 1 hour of programming. And even this was with hard drive parameters I'm not comfortable with long term. Obviously there are far faster alternatives for insert, at default hard disk demands.

BTW I can still get close to 15 minutes per hour of programming inserts into s1 DTivos via mfs_ftp, very reasonable. And I also find mfs_ftp still quite usable for downloading at more than 20x the insert speeds I indicated.

I am quite willing to keep experimenting with mfs_ftp for inserts if others are getting better results than my poor efforts. Hints would be appreciated. I very much like the ftp approach from, well, almost multiple decades of familiarity. And mfs_ftp.tcl is a venerable application, hard to totally abandon.

Not sure why you're having issues. I'm running mfs_ftp 1.29p with Jamie's and Jbuel's patches on 6.2, also using Jamie's latest mfs_* tools and the backport drivers. I can insert a 1 hour show in about 15 or 20 minutes. Didn't do anything else special to get it to work...
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

Quote Originally Posted by cheer
    I'm running mfs_ftp 1.29p with Jamie's and Jbuel's patches on 6.2, also using Jamie's latest mfs_* tools and the backport drivers. I can insert a 1 hour show in about 15 or 20 minutes.
    Just looking for the encouragement that it was possible. I _thought_ I remembered getting something close to that in the past with s2 and 6.2. Some quirk in my setup which I'll continue to work on. Thanks.

0 byte ty file in mfs_ftp listing?

I have a couple episodes, recorded before I hacked my tivo, that I'd like to download with mfs_ftp. I have done this successfully before on several shows, using insmod unscramble.o + preview the show, then download - but for some reason, on these it doesn't work. This was the 3 episode "Dune" mini-series that aired late last year. Although all 3 episodes were recorded before I hacked, I can only successfully download the 3rd of the 3. For the first two:

• they show up as 0 byte files in the "ty" folder
    • I can see the XML files in the xml folder, but when I try to download them, the log shows error 505 file nnot found
    • The ty file name format is slightly different than the one episode that does download successfully (good = "{Dune}{2000-12-05}{7:00 PM Tue Apr 12, 2005}{SCIFI}.ty", bad = "03:00 {Dune}{200-12-03}{}{03:00 PM Tue Apr 12, 2005}{SCIFI}.ty")

Has anyone run into this situation before, and is there a workaround? I tried deleting the cache .xml files for these shows, restarting mfs_ftp using phoenix, downloading with TyTool, but nothing seemed to make any difference). Oh, and I am able to watch the episodes on the TiVo just fine for all 3 episodes.

I have absolutely looked everywhere on here and I can't find the s2binaries for mfs_ftp. The thread has a missing link and I have searched everywhere for it. I need it to get mfs_ftp to work on my directivo. Can you help me. My email is jeff.schaff@gmail.com

Thanks!

Link to s2 binaries is on the very first post in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jschaff
    I have absolutely looked everywhere on here and I can't find the s2binaries for mfs_ftp. The thread has a missing link and I have searched everywhere for it. I need it to get mfs_ftp to work on my directivo. Can you help me. My email is jeff.schaff@gmail.com

Thanks!

Trouble with S2 Directv

I have a Phillips DSR7000 S2 DirecTV with software 4.01b that somehow got the var folder corrupted so I am trying to get mfs_ftp up and running again and for the life of me I can't figure out how to get it.

I erased the whole mfs_ftp folder and re d/l the mfs_ftp tar and went through the installation again then I copied the S2 binaries over the files but it still doesn't seem to work.

I tried re reading everyhting but still not sure what I am doing wrong.

any help appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by jjsmd
    I erased the whole mfs_ftp folder and re d/l the mfs_ftp tar and went through the installation again then I copied the S2 binaries over the files but it still doesn't seem to work.
    What do you mean by "doesn't seem to work?"
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

mfs_ftp crashing on directory list

For those of you with over 200 recordings, you've probably seen this problem.

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...&postcount=992

My original patch only worked some of the time. 300 or more recordings will still fail.

This is my newer version of the patch. It sends back each file one by one, and avoids the problem. Its actually interesting how it behaves. The original basically the FTP client sat there a long time, and got all the files dumped at once. With this patch, the files show up as fast as the tivo can process them.

If I had to guess, the overall directory time with this patch is probably slower than the unpatched version, but its better to have a slower, working version than one that crashes.

Edit: You may want to skip this patch altogether. This link has a solution that seems to always work:
    http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...IZE#post268805
    Last edited by chrised; 10-20-2007 at 02:16 PM.

I am getting ready to install mfs_ftp...
    do I have to stop the tivoftpd service before usong msf_ftp?

Quote Originally Posted by mulscully
    I am getting ready to install mfs_ftp...
    do I have to stop the tivoftpd service before usong msf_ftp?
    Nope; they are not related.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer

Quote Originally Posted by bigcat400
    Link to s2 binaries is on the very first post in this thread.
    There are links in the first post, but not directly to any binaries. This first post links to this thread, which point to this thread, which contains a file named "mfs-utils_bin.mips-20050604.tar.bz2".

Just to be clear, do you install mfs_ftp 1.2.9p from this thread and then extract the mfs-utils_bin.mips-20050604.tar.bz2 file to the same directory, overwriting three of the original mfs_ftp files?

BTW, the original "s2_bins" file is no longer available as far as I can tell; is it now incorporated into the mfs-utils_bin.mips-20050604.tar.bz2 file?

I keep getting this error with my HR10-250, it's sometimes works though.

What's the deal?

catch close lastsock val ""
    01:49:30:AM - 220 Mfs_Ftp ver 1.2.9p - {sock25} from "192.168.0.1:3899"
    01:49:31:AM - 331 User name okay, need password.
    01:49:31:AM - 230 Running in TiVo Mode.
    01:49:31:AM - 215 UNIX
    01:49:31:AM - 502 Command not implemented "FEAT"
    01:49:31:AM - 257 "/" is current directory.
    01:49:31:AM - 200 Type set to I
    01:49:31:AM - 227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,0,31,12,32).
    01:49:31:AM - 150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file list.
    bgerror invoked with error

" can not find channel named "sock27" "

re-initializing mfs_ftp

close the current ftp connection and simply open another

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo235
    I keep getting this error with my HR10-250, it's sometimes works though.

What's the deal?

catch close lastsock val ""
    01:49:30:AM - 220 Mfs_Ftp ver 1.2.9p - {sock25} from "192.168.0.1:3899"
    01:49:31:AM - 331 User name okay, need password.
    01:49:31:AM - 230 Running in TiVo Mode.
    01:49:31:AM - 215 UNIX
    01:49:31:AM - 502 Command not implemented "FEAT"
    01:49:31:AM - 257 "/" is current directory.
    01:49:31:AM - 200 Type set to I
    01:49:31:AM - 227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,0,31,12,32).
    01:49:31:AM - 150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file list.
    bgerror invoked with error

" can not find channel named "sock27" "

re-initializing mfs_ftp

close the current ftp connection and simply open another
    Check earlier posts, especially ones that Jamie wrote.

Do you have a large number of recordings? Try taking it out of passive mode and increasing the timeout in your client app.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonsJTD
    Check earlier posts, especially ones that Jamie wrote.

Do you have a large number of recordings? Try taking it out of passive mode and increasing the timeout in your client app.
    Thanks, I found what I needed, active mode works great, I've also done a complete reinstall with jamies patch too.

Now I'm having problems playing some inserted shows, TiVo freezes up and restarts I'm not sure if they are corrupted from the oritinal extraction or what, but I guess only more testing will tell. Unfortunetly that means that I've lost the 1st 7 episodes of The Sopranos and I'll have to watch it in good ole SD DiVx.