Page 15 of 99 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: Mfs_Ftp: extract, archive, restore & transfer recordings

Uninstall

Trying to uninstall mfs_ftp. I've telneted into Tivo and managed to delete all but can't delete a few files in /var/mfs_ftp/cache. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Re: Uninstall

Originally posted by scottf
    Trying to uninstall mfs_ftp. I've telneted into Tivo and managed to delete all but can't delete a few files in /var/mfs_ftp/cache. Can anyone help?
    Thanks
    What error are you getting?

try this "rm -rf /var/mfs_ftp"

NOTE: THIS IS A DANGEROUS COMMAND!! Make sure there is at least one reply that agrees with me before trying this and make sure you read it twice then read it again before pressing enter.

Worked thanks

Was getting error couldn't be removed with FTP client. Used the rm command and it worked great, thanks

I haven't needed it until this TV season, but I just installed MFS_FTP on my 2 Sony SVR-2000 SAs without any problems. Killer app. My wife thinks I'm a hero for being able to pull recordings from the downstairs TiVo to the upstairs one. Thanks to Riley and all others who contributed.

This probably doesn't qualify as an MFS_FTP bug, but I figure I'd mention it any way in case anyone else has encountered this and has a possible solution.

I mfs_ftp'd an episode of Friends from the Theater TiVo to the Living Room one (tivo2 to tivo1), and it shows up just fine in the Now Showing list in TiVo Web. However, clicking on the item in the TiVo Web interface shows this error:

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
    --cut here--
    action_series '/' ''
    expected integer but got ""
    while executing
    "db $db openid $objectid"
    ("uplevel" body line 2)
    invoked from within
    "uplevel $body"
    invoked from within
    "transaction {uplevel $body}"
    (procedure "RetryTransaction" line 5)
    invoked from within
    "RetryTransaction {
    set series [db $db openid $objectid]
    set title [strim [dbobj $series get Title]]
    set score [dbobj $series get ThumbData]
    se..."
    (procedure "::action_series" line 15)
    invoked from within
    "::action_$action $chan $part $env"
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
    "eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"
    --cut here--

I'm assuming this has something to do with the fact that some info must be missing when mfs_ftp-ing vs. recording natively on the machine. Anyone got any ways to hack around this?
    TiVo sTeVe-o
    Sony SVR-2000 TiVo (v3.0) @ 306 hrs / Lifetime
    Sony SVR-2000 TiVo (v3.0) @ 184 hrs / Lifetime
    Running my current fav hacks: TurboNET, Telnet, TiVoFTPd, TiVoWeb Plus, mfs_ftpd, & vserver!
    TiVo Newbie Hacking How-To Guide
    TiVo Community Theme for TiVoWeb
    My Home Theater

Originally posted by SteveJenkins

snip
    the TiVo Web interface shows this error:

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
    --cut here--
    snip
    I'm assuming this has something to do with the fact that some info must be missing when mfs_ftp-ing vs. recording natively on the machine. Anyone got any ways to hack around this?
    It's a known problem. Tivoweb is probably trying to read some stuff that MFS_FTP doesn't insert. The easy workaround is to click the episode title (to the right) instead of the series title. You can do everything you need to do there (rename, change 'save until', etc.) The other possibility is to edit the tivoweb tcl code to make it mfs_ftp friendly. It probably would involve just commenting some stuff out.

please help,

i tried to put this on a dsr6000 dtivo and this is what it did.

/var# tar -zxvf /var/mfs_ftp.1.2.9G.tgz
    mfs_ftp/
    mfs_ftp/fifo
    mfs_ftp/edit_title.tcl
    mfs_ftp/mfs_export
    mfs_ftp/mfs_ftp.tcl
    mfs_ftp/mfs_stdinsert
    mfs_ftp/mfs_stream
    mfs_ftp/mfs_tarstream
    mfs_ftp/ftpf.sh
    mfs_ftp/cache/
    mfs_ftp/tzoffset.tcl
    mfs_ftp/mkfifo
    mfs_ftp/setpri
    mfs_ftp/log
    tar: mfs_ftp/log: Cannot lchown to uid 0 gid 0: Function not implemented
    mfs_ftp/abort_toggle.sh
    mfs_ftp/ftpf21.sh
    mfs_ftp/seasonpass/
    mfs_ftp/readme.txt
    mfs_ftp/ftp
    tar: mfs_ftp/ftp: Cannot lchown to uid 0 gid 0: Function not implemented
    mfs_ftp/abort.doc
    mfs_ftp/nuke_DC_key.tcl
    mfs_ftp/set_DC_key.tcl
    mfs_ftp/dump_DC_key.tcl
    mfs_ftp/settings.tcl
    tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
    /var#

so what did i do wrong please? thanks

Q_3

Nothing is wrong. You can ignore those errors. They are just minor complaints about the tarball wanting to but not being able to change ownership of some files (in this case, the symlinks for log and ftp). I saw the same errors on my TiVos when initially installing, and it works fine.
    Last edited by SteveJenkins; 11-03-2003 at 11:09 PM.
    TiVo sTeVe-o
    Running my current fav hacks: TurboNET, Telnet, TiVoFTPd, TiVoWeb Plus, mfs_ftpd, & vserver!
    My Home Theater

Originally posted by SteveJenkins
    This probably doesn't qualify as an MFS_FTP bug, but I figure I'd mention it any way in case anyone else has encountered this and has a possible solution.

I mfs_ftp'd an episode of Friends from the Theater TiVo to the Living Room one (tivo2 to tivo1), and it shows up just fine in the Now Showing list in TiVo Web. However, clicking on the item in the TiVo Web interface shows this error:

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
    --cut here--
    action_series '/' ''
    expected integer but got ""
    while executing
    "db $db openid $objectid"
    This is a tricky one to deal with for mfs_ftp, as the series id is specific to the TiVo it was recorded on.

To work the code would need to tranfer the TmsId (which is universal), and then look up the equivalent series id on the destination TiVo.

As far as I can see looking in the mfs_ftp code, the TmsId is not sent in the XML?
    Stuart

Newbies - see if your questions are answered here Experts - can you add to the knowledge stored here? Developers - are your hacks listed here?

cute ftp problem...

great...now i am up and rolling.
    I have opened up cute ftp pro and set it for the downstairs dtivo using port 3105 telling the program it's unix, binary transfer, and to use port instead of passive. no problems i'm now in the tmf folder and want to stream the latest ep. of enterprise from the downstairs to the upstairs dtivo. i click on a new connection and to the same thing for the upstairs. no problem... i now have 2 tabs in ftp pro, both with active connections to both dtivos.
    now the question is this.

will someone please tell me how to pull a .tmf file from one tab in ftp pro and stream it to the other tab (tivo) without haveing to download the whole ep. to my harddrive 1st??

just call me slow,
    Q_3

ps..thanks SteveJenkins for letting me know all is well with the install.

I'm using FTP Voyager, and all I did was drag from one session's remote window to the other, which initiates FXP. From what I've heard, CuteFTP will do the same.

Funny - Enterprise was the second show I transferred from downstairs to upstairs
    TiVo sTeVe-o
    My Home Theater

Originally posted by sanderton
    As far as I can see looking in the mfs_ftp code, the TmsId is not sent in the XML?
    if the tmsid exists in the recording info it'll be included in the xml. the tmf spec is well over a year old now and basically just for archiving. Tivo Media Format - RFC & utilities is the thread to discuss extending the tmf/xml spec
    Last edited by rc3105; 11-10-2003 at 07:50 AM.
    ---
    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day and drink beer

mfs_ftp.zip.tar

this is just a parking spot for files, see the first post for installation instructions

bcc's mfs_stream & mfs_export binarys

(200,669@04:07:20:26pm)

-----------------------

mfs_ftp itself is not GPL, but the support binaries mfs_stream, mfs_tarstream, mfs_export, mfs_import & mfs_stdinsert are

it has been brought to my attention that the source & apropriate GPL notices are not included with these binaries. I aplogize for that oversight and will be updating things to correct that as time permits. (on deadline for a few things right this minute, please be patient)

in the meantime, the source can be found by searching here or on alt.org/forum
    Last edited by rc3105; 11-13-2004 at 07:25 AM.

Feature request

Maybe there's another use for the "txt" files, but I thought these were for getting human readable information about the show. "xml" files I assumed were to be used for automation but there is xml in the "txt" file as well, so I am confused. What about a txt files that looks more like the detail screen when you press "enter" on your Tivo (like the attached)?

Strange tystream

I recently upgraded my UK tivo from 2x100gb to 1x300gb. mfsbackup wouldn't divorce the drives so I had to start with a new image. No problem, I thought, I use mfs_ftp to grab the shows I want to keep.

Everything I wanted extracted in tmf format except for 2 very old streams which just caused mfs_ftp to crash. I was able to extract them as .ty but after insertion into upgraded machine, tivo just said there was an internal error when trying to play them.

By now, I'd put the old disks into my Linux machine and having hacked the vplay code to work with two disks, mfs_dumpobj showed that there was only one fsid for each stream even though the tys extracted were ~4gb. I thought each chunk was limited to 512mb. Is this a corruption in the MFS?

tystudio says it's unable to open the ty. Fastforwarding in mplayer seems to show the streams as intact.

Any suggestions for how I can salvage these and get them back onto tivo?

largest size of a fsid is 512 meg, if they came out around 4 gig each then something's definatly wrong. not a clue what though

edit: were you by any chance extracting to a filesystem with a 4 gig filesize limit like fat32?
    Last edited by rc3105; 11-17-2003 at 09:33 AM.
    ---
    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day and drink beer