Page 39 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 585 of 1476

Thread: Mfs_Ftp: extract, archive, restore & transfer recordings

  1. #571
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    West Hartford CT
    Posts
    620
    Quote Originally Posted by eastwind
    Maybe start reading in this thread about right here!
    ew

    Thanks.. I guess that's what I get for NOT following this thread that closely!

    ironic that the purpose of the expiration was to force people to upgrade, hence I had to downgrade to get things working! ;->

    Thanks again Reily; for a truely foundation application for the TiVo. Has to be the most taken for granted app next to mfs_tools!
    ~Hi8

    (4) Hughes SD DVR40
    (1) Hughes HR10-250
    (2) xbmc XBOX X2 & xbit

  2. #572
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by Hi8
    Thanks.. I guess that's what I get for NOT following this thread that closely!

    ironic that the purpose of the expiration was to force people to upgrade, hence I had to downgrade to get things working! ;->

    Thanks again Reily; for a truely foundation application for the TiVo. Has to be the most taken for granted app next to mfs_tools!
    Give Riley a paypal appreciation, that will inspire him to finish R!

  3. #573
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    1,339
    heh, ya never know. if I had a quarter for every dowload of version p I'd be working on utils for the hd models
    ---
    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day and drink beer

  4. #574
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    85
    I'm getting an error on uploading a TMF and TY file.


    01:08:05:AM - 226 Transfer complete.
    01:08:17:AM - 200 Type set to I
    01:08:18:AM - 200 PORT command successful.
    retrying after errTmActiveLockConflict ...
    retrying after errFsLockConflict ...
    01:08:33:AM - rec_info_from_db done
    01:08:33:AM - 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for "{showpart00.ty}"
    Dumping mempool to /tmp/BlockFailure.123


    -then it reboots-

    117mb TY file inside. Tried TMF 1st, same thing.
    Noticed in the XML:
    <?xml version="1.1" tivoversion="3.1.0-01-1-011"?>
    <Object type="Recording" id="_top">
    <BitRate>0</BitRate>
    <DiskPartitionId>10</DiskPartitionId>
    <SubObject type="RecordingPart" id="Part">
    <Begin>0</Begin>


    My Tivo is version 2 though, is the 1st line a problem?

  5. #575
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    1,339
    rage:

    yep, next rev will expire more gracefully


    newbr:

    original sw version shouldn't make any difference

    edit settings.tcl to increase the debug level to 5

    # comment mfs_ftp out of rc.sysinit.author (so if it reboots it won't automatically start & overwrite the old log)

    try the insert again

    if it reboots dl the entire mfs_ftp log, zip & attach to a post
    ---
    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day and drink beer

  6. #576
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    n.h. usa
    Posts
    958
    I have noticed something strange and have a question about it... if you have two shows with the same name say the power went out in the middle of a recording or your box rebooted and it came back up and started to record again you get two recordings with exactly the same name but they are different recordings... mfs_ftp shows two file names exactly the same...

    but which one does it get when you ftp it.. or it appears it is not possible to get both... maybe the next version should also add the fsid as part of the name????


    i.e.

    ftp> cd tmf
    250 Directory change successful.
    ftp> dir
    200 PORT command successful.
    150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file list.
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 0 0 000226492416 Jun 09 09:00 {5 Days to Midnight}{2004-06-09}{Part Three}{09.00 PM Wed Jun 09, 2004}{SCFI}.tmf
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 0 0 000780140544 Jun 09 09:00 {5 Days to Midnight}{2004-06-09}{Part Three}{09.00 PM Wed Jun 09, 2004}{SCFI}.tmf
    226 Transfer complete.
    ftp: 278 bytes received in 0.68Seconds 0.41Kbytes/sec.
    ftp> bye


    thanks
    Last edited by lgkahn; 06-10-2004 at 11:30 AM.

  7. #577
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Somerset, England
    Posts
    1,124
    Quote Originally Posted by lgkahn
    I have noticed something strange and have a question about it... if you have two shows with the same name say the power went out in the middle of a recording or your box rebooted and it came back up and started to record again you get two recordings with exactly the same name but they are different recordings... mfs_ftp shows two file names exactly the same...

    but which one does it get when you ftp it.. or it appears it is not possible to get both... maybe the next version should also add the fsid as part of the name????


    i.e.

    ftp> cd tmf
    250 Directory change successful.
    ftp> dir
    200 PORT command successful.
    150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file list.
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 0 0 000226492416 Jun 09 09:00 {5 Days to Midnight}{2004-06-09}{Part Three}{09.00 PM Wed Jun 09, 2004}{SCFI}.tmf
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 0 0 000780140544 Jun 09 09:00 {5 Days to Midnight}{2004-06-09}{Part Three}{09.00 PM Wed Jun 09, 2004}{SCFI}.tmf
    226 Transfer complete.
    ftp: 278 bytes received in 0.68Seconds 0.41Kbytes/sec.
    ftp> bye


    thanks
    You get the first one, no matter which one you select. Use TiVoWeb to cahnge the name of one, or switch to a mfs_ftp naming convention which has the fsid in it.
    Stuart

    Newbies - see if your questions are answered here Experts - can you add to the knowledge stored here? Developers - are your hacks listed here?

  8. #578
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by newbr
    I'm getting an error on uploading a TMF and TY file.


    01:08:05:AM - 226 Transfer complete.
    01:08:17:AM - 200 Type set to I
    01:08:18:AM - 200 PORT command successful.
    retrying after errTmActiveLockConflict ...
    retrying after errFsLockConflict ...
    01:08:33:AM - rec_info_from_db done
    01:08:33:AM - 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for "{showpart00.ty}"
    Dumping mempool to /tmp/BlockFailure.123


    -then it reboots-

    117mb TY file inside. Tried TMF 1st, same thing.
    Here is the debug level 5 log.

    02:43:05:PM - abort_check: "STOR"
    02:43:05:PM - readlinefromsocket: "sock47 192.168.1.105 1201"
    02:43:05:PM - echo to verify: "PORT 192,168,1,105,4,183"
    02:43:05:PM - parseline:
    "PORT 192,168,1,105,4,183"
    02:43:05:PM - PORT 192,168,1,105,4,183
    02:43:05:PM - data channel "sock49" to 192.168.1.105:1207
    02:43:05:PM - 200 PORT command successful.
    02:43:05:PM - readlinefromsocket: "sock47 192.168.1.105 1201"
    02:43:05:PM - echo to verify: "STOR {Mike}{2001-06-22}{Quest}{05.30 PM Sat Sep 27, 2003}{TBS}.tmf"
    02:43:05:PM - parseline:
    "STOR {Mike}{2001-06-22}{Quest}{05.30 PM Sat Sep 27, 2003}{TBS}.tmf"
    02:43:05:PM - STOR:
    "STOR {Mike}{2001-06-22}{Quest}{05.30 PM Sat Sep 27, 2003}{TBS}.tmf"
    02:43:05:PM - make_blank_rec: "{Mike}{2001-06-22}{Quest}{05.30 PM Sat Sep 27, 2003}{TBS}.tmf"
    bgerror invoked with error

    " commit failed (0x00070009)
    "

    re-initializing mfs_ftp

    close the current ftp connection and simply open another

    "core dump"

    ...then it restarts....recording is scrambled, but I've inserted scrambled recordings w/o probs before. Of the 200 or so recordings I've reinserted back to Tivo after rebuilding it, about 5 of them failed similarly. They show up on NP but they won't play [error playing a recording] even with autoscramble on. They don't play in windows media player for obvious reasons (since they are scrambled) but the tmf extract came from MFS_FTP before.

  9. #579
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    85
    here's another one:

    STOR {Cocoon}{1984-12-31}{}{03.40 AM Wed Jan 14, 2004}{FMC}.tmf"
    07:41:24:PM - make_blank_rec: "{Cocoon}{1984-12-31}{}{03.40 AM Wed Jan 14, 2004}{FMC}.tmf"
    07:41:24:PM - created blank recording {1186562}
    07:41:24:PM - rec_info_from_db: recobj{1186562}
    07:41:24:PM - Cocoon}{1984-12-31}{}{03.40 AM Wed Jan 14, 2004}{FMC}.tmf k
    07:41:24:PM - cache_xml_2_disk: recobj{1186562} force cache = "0"
    07:41:24:PM - recording in progress, don't cache 1186562.xml yet
    07:41:24:PM - calc_tertiary_info: recobj{1186562}
    07:41:24:PM - rec_info_from_db done
    07:41:24:PM - 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for "{{Cocoon}{1984-12-31}{}{03.40 AM Wed Jan 14, 2004}{FMC}.tmf}"
    07:41:24:PM - parse_tmf:
    07:41:24:PM - xml_from_tmf:
    07:41:24:PM - tarpart is "showing.xml"
    07:41:24:PM - open/create "./cache/1186562.xml" & writing
    <?xml version="1.1" tivoversion="3.1.0-01-1-011"?>
    <Object type="Recording" id="_top">
    ----------- snip XML and XMl analysis seemed OK ----------------
    07:41:25:PM - setrecinfo: recobj{1186562}
    07:41:25:PM - {Cocoon}{}
    Retirees (Don Ameche, Wilford Brimley) swim among alien pods and feel young again.
    07:41:25:PM - tmf2fsid: recobj{1186562}
    07:41:25:PM - filename: part00.ty
    07:41:25:PM - fname4: part
    07:41:25:PM - partnum: 00
    07:41:25:PM - starting segment "part00.ty"
    07:41:25:PM - Bytes from file: 142606336
    07:41:25:PM - AddPart: "1186562" - "142606336" bytes
    07:41:25:PM - AddPart stream allocate errval
    "1186565"
    07:41:25:PM - AddPart: retryev
    ""
    07:41:25:PM - added part "1186565" of "136" meg
    07:41:25:PM - set priorities: mfs_ftp 1 % I/O chan 10 %
    importing fsid 1186565 of size 142606336
    100% 136 meg 1254k/sec

    inserted 136 meg at 1254k/sec
    07:43:15:PM - tmf2fsid: recobj{1186562}
    07:43:15:PM - end of file or invalid segment - leaving tmf2fsid
    07:43:15:PM - tmf2fsid: recobj{1186562}
    07:43:15:PM - parse_tmf: catch close info(dc) errval ""
    07:43:15:PM - recobj{1186562} is 136 meg
    07:43:15:PM - 226 File transfer complete
    07:43:15:PM - set_rec_csos: recobj{1186562}
    07:43:15:PM - "1" xml parts and "1" db parts
    07:43:15:PM - finalize_rec: "1186562
    07:43:15:PM - abort_check: "ping_pong"
    bgerror invoked with error

    " commit failed (0x00070009)
    "

    re-initializing mfs_ftp

  10. #580
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    85
    Of the 400 I reinserted as TMFs, about 20 didn't go; they were various sizes. Is there a util to detect if the TMF is corrupt? They all open in Winrar.

    here's xml and a log from one insert.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  11. #581
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    35

    mfs_ftp crashing on directory list

    I'm having trouble running mfs_ftp on one of my 2 S1 DTivos. One unit has a relatively medium size Now Showing list (around 80 entries) - mfs_ftp ver p runs fine on that one. The other Tivo has a large Now Showing list (over 200 entries). On the large unit I can launch mfs_ftp - I can connect - but when I try to list the contents of the tmf directory it crashes while retrieving it (usually within about a minute).

    Here's the tail from my log with the logging level set to 5.

    tivo_down:/var/mfs_ftp # tail log
    02:44:50:PM - 150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file list.
    02:44:50:PM - list_type is "LIST"
    02:44:50:PM - update_rec_fsids: forced 1
    02:45:12:PM - updating cached recording info
    ................................................................................
    ................................................................................
    ................................................................................
    ...........................................................................

    02:45:12:PM - build_rec_filenames:
    ................................................................................
    ................................................................................
    ................................................................................
    ...........................................................................

    Dumping mempool to /tmp/BlockFailure.170
    tivo_down:/var/mfs_ftp # Tmk Assertion Failure:
    BlockFailure, line 2150 ()
    Tmk Fatal Error: Thread tivosh <170> died due to signal -2
    1ad0738 1acf054 1ac9358 1cf0f40 1cfcd18 1d485f8 1d6cd00 1d6ce10 1d71084 19d3490
    1d59f5c 1d479cc 1d6c778 1d59f5c 1d479cc 1d4d2e0 1d59f5c 1d479cc 1d6c778 1d59f5c
    1d479cc 1d6c778 1d59f5c 1d479cc 1d47754 19b8500 19ca800 19ca33c 1bc9cbc 1bc90dc
    1bc93ec 19c1834 1d4718c 1d59f5c 1d479cc 1d64a64 1d65b70 1cfccb8 1cfca00 1800134

    I recall reading something on the site about known issues with mfs_ftp and large Now Showing lists - is there anything I can do to configure mfs_ftp to tolerate it more? I'm thinking maybe it's time for a cachecard.

    Thanks for any help - and thanks for mfs_ftp - great tool.

  12. #582
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    291
    Quote Originally Posted by newbr
    Of the 400 I reinserted as TMFs, about 20 didn't go; they were various sizes.
    Did you try re-inserting any, after they failed?

  13. #583
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    85
    Q seemed to work with large NP lists, so I presume R will too. You can change the name in settings.dsl to shorter to help.

    Quote Originally Posted by tmembrino
    I'm having trouble running mfs_ftp on one of my 2 S1 DTivos. One unit has a relatively medium size Now Showing list (around 80 entries) - mfs_ftp ver p runs fine on that one. The other Tivo has a large Now Showing list (over 200 entries). On the large unit I can launch mfs_ftp - I can connect - but when I try to list the contents of the tmf directory it crashes while retrieving it (usually within about a minute).
    <snip>
    Thanks for any help - and thanks for mfs_ftp - great tool.

  14. #584
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by BTUx9
    Did you try re-inserting any, after they failed?
    Yup. Still the same failure - it seems to crash the tivo sometimes. My logs before are from reinsertion.

    I haven't figured out if I could insert the TY file by itself though or run a repair util and then reinsert the TMF. Not sure if anything is wrong with these since they are scrambled - can't watch on mplayer or wmplayer.

  15. #585
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    50
    Just like to say thanks rc3105, I last used this program about 8 months ago and could not get faster than a few k per second. With the latest version of the program I'm getting 900k-1300k per sec. Uploads are a little slower, about 400-500k but wow, what a difference.

    I also noticed when uploading the file name is correct, where before It had alot of extra characters.

    Whatever you did, great job.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •