Page 51 of 99 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Mfs_Ftp: extract, archive, restore & transfer recordings

Question

This is minor problem for me, but I'd like to resolve it. TY files transfered to PC via MFS_FTP have incorrect time and date of recording stamps ( sept of 2001 ). I've searched the forums but have not found a fix.

TIA
    Greubin

Ok. I think i've read through this entire thread and can't find this answer. If it's here and I missed it then I apologize, I'm a little bleary eyed after reading this much..

Anyways, It seems that I can download shows to my PC no problem using mfs_ftp and I can upload that show back up to my other Tivo with no problem as well.

The problem that I seem to be having is that I can't seem to get it work work using SmartFTP or FlashFXP to transfer a show between Tivo's and not use the computer as an itermediary.

Any ideas what I might be missing?

Also, I'm using two Series 1 DTivo's and both have CacheCards in them running the latest drivers.

Thank You

Josh
    Last edited by JoshFink; 01-05-2005 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshFink
    Ok. I think i've read through this entire thread and can't find this answer. If it's here and I missed it then I apologize, I'm a little bleary eyed after reading this much..

Anyways, It seems that I can download shows to my PC no problem using mfs_ftp and I can upload that show back up to my other Tivo with no problem as well.

The problem that I seem to be having is that I can't seem to get it work work using SmartFTP or FlashFXP to transfer a show between Tivo's and not use the computer as an itermediary.

Any ideas what I might be missing?

Also, I'm using two Series 1 DTivo's and both have CacheCards in them running the latest drivers.

Thank You

Josh
    I find that flashfxp doesn't display teh progress of a transfer when it is done between two ftp servers, perhaps this is only a problem on my end, but if it is not, then this would ellude you into thinking that nothing is being transfered.
    tail the mfs_ftp log on the receiving end to see the progress (and or errors)

Code:
    tail -f port.3105.log
    If this helps, then great, otherwise just ignore my response.
    Arthur
    "One can acquire everything in solitude, except character." - Henri Stendhal

Thanks.. I'll check that out. What a pain if that's all it is.

What about the speed of uploads vs. downloads? Any ideas?

Thanks

Josh

OK.. All is working again with FlashFXP, no transfer rates are shown though. Anyone know how to get FLashFXP to show transfer status?

Thanks

Josh

Problem with pre-recorded shows

I am relatively new to the hacking thing, so pardon any misuse of terms, etc.

I have a SAT-T60, with TurboNet installed. I installed software from Keegan's book, and then switched to TivoWebPlus and added tyStudio. Also installed MFS_FTP. All seems to be working well. I have performed AlphaWolf's kernel hack to disable future scrambling on recordings and it works great.

Problem is, there is ONE pre-recorded program that I would like to convert to MPEG, however when I use unscramble.o, watch a few seconds, and then transfer with MFS_FTP, I only get 1:37:xx of the 1:59:00 recording. The video and audio is fine, but clearly something is truncating the file. The whole 1:59 is on the TiVo.

Any ideas? Again, no errors when I do anything, and all recording since performing AlphaWolf's kernel hack work great. For the file transfers, I use Ipswitch's WSFTP in Binary mode with Passive Mode turned off.

Let me know if I am forgetting any other information, and thanks in advance for your thoughts!! This forum ROCKS!!

gbakakos Guest

35 child process exited abnormally ??

Newbie here,

Getting the following error. Can someone explain the error and a way to get rid of it. Thanks

child process exited abnormally
    while executing
    "exec $info(path)/tzoffset.tcl 2>/dev/null"
    (procedure "get_tzoffset" line 10)
    invoked from within
    "get_tzoffset"
    (procedure "init_procs" line 7)
    invoked from within
    "init_procs"
    (file "/var/mfs_ftp/mfs_ftp.tcl" line 1534)

Jan 7 23:05:32 (none) kernel: child process exited abnormally
    Jan 7 23:05:32 (none) kernel: while executing
    Jan 7 23:05:32 (none) kernel: "exec $info(path)/tzoffset.tcl 2>/dev/null"
    Jan 7 23:05:32 (none) kernel: (procedure "get_tzoffset" line 10)
    Jan 7 23:05:32 (none) kernel: invoked from within
    Jan 7 23:05:32 (none) kernel: "get_tzoffset"
    Jan 7 23:05:32 (none) kernel: (procedure "init_procs" line 7)
    Jan 7 23:05:32 (none) kernel: invoked from within
    Jan 7 23:05:32 (none) kernel: "init_procs"
    Jan 7 23:05:32 (none) kernel: (file "/var/mfs_ftp/mfs_ftp.tcl" line 1534)
    Jan 7 23:10:25 (none) kernel: nowShowing
    Jan 7 23:10:25 (none) kernel: couldn't execute "/devbin/sendkey": no such file or directory
    Jan 7 23:10:25 (none) kernel: while executing
    Jan 7 23:10:25 (none) kernel: "exec $env(TIVO_ROOT)/devbin/sendkey $evrc($key)"
    Jan 7 23:10:25 (none) kernel: (procedure "SendKey" line 8)
    Jan 7 23:10:25 (none) kernel: invoked from within
    Jan 7 23:10:25 (none) kernel: "SendKey $key"
    Jan 7 23:10:25 (none) kernel: (procedure "SendKeyAndWait" line 4)
    Jan 7 23:10:25 (none) kernel: "SendKeyAndWait $key"
    Jan 7 23:10:25 (none) kernel: ("foreach" body line 2)
    Jan 7 23:10:25 (none) kernel: "foreach key $argv {
    Jan 7 23:10:25 (none) kernel: ^ISendKeyAndWait $key
    Jan 7 23:10:25 (none) kernel: }"
    Jan 7 23:10:25 (none) kernel: (file "/bin/SendKey" line 49)
    Jan 7 23:10:27 (none) kernel: nowShowing
    Jan 7 23:10:27 (none) kernel: couldn't execute "/devbin/sendkey": no such file or directory
    Jan 7 23:10:27 (none) kernel: while executing
    Jan 7 23:10:27 (none) kernel: "exec $env(TIVO_ROOT)/devbin/sendkey $evrc($key)"
    Jan 7 23:10:27 (none) kernel: (procedure "SendKey" line 8)
    Jan 7 23:10:27 (none) kernel: invoked from within
    Jan 7 23:10:27 (none) kernel: "SendKey $key"
    Jan 7 23:10:27 (none) kernel: (procedure "SendKeyAndWait" line 4)
    Jan 7 23:10:27 (none) kernel: "SendKeyAndWait $key"
    Jan 7 23:10:27 (none) kernel: ("foreach" body line 2)
    Jan 7 23:10:27 (none) kernel: "foreach key $argv {
    Jan 7 23:10:27 (none) kernel: ^ISendKeyAndWait $key
    Jan 7 23:10:27 (none) kernel: }"
    Jan 7 23:10:27 (none) kernel: (file "/bin/SendKey" line 49)
    Jan 7 23:10:29 (none) kernel: rc.sysinit is complete
    Last edited by gbakakos; 01-07-2005 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gbakakos
    Getting the following error. Can someone explain the error and a way to get rid of it. Thanks

child process exited abnormally
    while executing
    "exec $info(path)/tzoffset.tcl 2>/dev/null"
    (procedure "get_tzoffset" line 10)
    invoked from within
    "get_tzoffset"
    (procedure "init_procs" line 7)
    invoked from within
    "init_procs"
    (file "/var/mfs_ftp/mfs_ftp.tcl" line 1534)
    Tip: All I did was search for a small snippet of the error message you are receiving and got back a plethora of matches that likely address your problem. Specifically, it looks like your system is having trouble generating the tzoffset.txt file produced by tzoffset.tcl. The workaround is to manually create your own tzoffset.txt file:

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...029#post181029

Give this a try and see if it resolves your problem.
    1 HR10-250, upgraded to 570 SD hours, hacked, 6.3b.
    1 HDVR2, upgraded to 206 hours, hacked, 6.2.
    1 HDVR2, upgraded to 168 hours, hacked, 6.2.
    tyExtract - Automated batch extraction utility
    YacMon - YAC Server log monitor for new call(s) notification via email/text message

gbakakos Guest

Go it

Thanks got it working with your help. Guess I need to look more into the search capabilities.

Thanks again

Moved attachment to original post for clarity
    Last edited by stumbleshoe; 01-11-2005 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Moved to original post

Quote Originally Posted by Soul
    I have been trying to get help over on the newbie mfs_ftp thread but have up to this time been unsuccessful... Maybe someone that reads this here could give me a hand...

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...8&page=8&pp=15

Mine starts at post 116 I believe..

I have scoured the forums looking for any solution to my problem. No luck. Maybe I just missed it. But as far as I can tell my answer is not present...

Thanks,
    Soul
    I have still gotten no help over in the newbie thread... Anyone willing to give a helping hand?

What do I need to do to completely clean MFS_FTP?

Every few months, I start getting lots and lots of failures on transferring shows. Deleting MFS_FTP and reinstalling usually makes all the bad things go away. What files do I need to delete to have a "really clean" Mfs_Ftp installation on my TiVo?

Thanks.
    EtiVo - PC based archiving and catalog service over TiVo - http://prish.com/etivo
    EtiVo now works on non-hacked TiVos too!!
    Join the EtiVo forums in http://active.prish.com/prishforum

Quote Originally Posted by Masnark

Every few months, I start getting lots and lots of failures on transferring shows. Deleting MFS_FTP and reinstalling usually makes all the bad things go away. What files do I need to delete to have a "really clean" Mfs_Ftp installation on my TiVo?

Thanks.
    I've never had such issues mfs_ftp. Is it a Series 2? What kind of errors are you seeing? Can you post your log file? Does a "mfsassert -please" help?

Insertion Issues

I'm upgrading a 3.1.1c box that has never been touched. First I killed the kernel, monted into the unscramble kernel, then selectively pulled the shows I wanted to save off. Now I'm inserting them back into the newly reformatted drive with 4.0.1b on it, but am having a naming issue. Of course, in the list, the files show:
    {Desperate Housewives}{2004-11-28}{Guilty}{03.00 AM Sun Nov 10, 2002}{DC7}.tmf

but when pulled down to my RH box, it becomes:
    Desperate Housewives2004-11-28Guilty03.00 AM Sun Nov 10DC7.tmf

This has never been a problem in the past, and has always reinserted properly, but this time, when I reinsert them back into the Tivo, the name gets munged, and is inserted as:
    {Desperate Housewives2004-11-28Guilty03.00 AM Sun Nov 10DC7.tmf}

So this (w/o the braces) becomes the name in Now Playing.

I haven't found any threads addressing this (but I'm probably not searching for the right string). Any suggestions, or would it be best to push them back, and edit the title?

Thanks,
    Doc

There's no place like ~

Quote Originally Posted by Masnark

It's a case where it's much easier just to clean house and start over rather than trying to figure out, specifically, what's corrupting. So I replace everything: the entire contents of the var/mfs_ftp subdirectory. I temporarily comment out the startup, reboot, delete all the files, then copy all fresh files and chmod, and finally uncomment and restart. That first reboot is important.