Thread: Some questions about restoring my DTivo to orginal software

Some questions about restoring my DTivo to orginal software

I have a Phillips DirecTivo that has the original Extreme software on it. I have not used this box in over a year and don't have a dish up now to take software updates.

Can someone tell me the best way to restore this box to its original state so I can sell it on Ebay? I've done some searches here, but could find nothing on exactly what I want to do. If I restore my orginal software (2.5.2 I think), will this overwrite the hacked PROM?

Thanks for any help!!

E

All you need is an image of version 2.5.2 or even 2.5 to restore to the DTivo drive. The EEPROM is OK as is since it's already at version 2.5. Use your backup image (you did make a backup, didn't you?) and restore it using MFS Tools 2.0 and Hinsdale's How To. If you don't have a backup image, there are links in the How Tos Only sticky to download one or you can check out the 9th Tee site for links.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!