Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: xPlusz command explanations

Wink Thanks

Thanks bubblelamp everything is up and running, with no prob's.
    I just wanted to say thanks (So thanks again.)

would also like to thnk superzap and all the others on this forum for this great new upgrade , , (running 2.5.2. on t60),
    ONE question
    i teired running #60 after enabling ADDLOCS; #20,1
    and then i ran #60 like this
    #60,12
    in order to enable n.y. locals, after it ran for a while it resulted in an error message:
    998 - cmd #60 city codes invalid or not specified or channels.dat does not contain city code,

i looked in the /hack/bin/xplusz dir and found the "channelsM.dat file which DID have the # 12 code for n.y. but
    i also tried making a "test call" call but for obvious reasons this did not complete

any idea's? thanks very much everyone ,

same here

I also am getting the 998 error when running #60,18 and yet there is an 18 code in the .dat file. not quite understanding this please help...

Ron

not working after turbonet install

I did the nic-install and lost some commands in xplusz and the remote control call waiting does not work anymore. I have read you need to delete the last 2 lines of rc.sysinit and reinstall, but I don't want to muck it up even more by deleting the wrong lines.

Could someone paste the lines which are to be deleted.

Thanks

29 tivowebplus

Ok im a big time newbie i read this thread and tis awsome and now i have a question what is the advantages of tivowebplus? And also what commands do i use to enable Season Pass and Wishlist and Program Guide. And also iPreview i like that feature. Thanks for youre Help. Later.

29 Will the xPlusz commands work on 3.XX?

I FTP'd the files out to my tivo box and put them in the /var/hack directory. When I tried to runt the setup, I received a permission error. Will this install work on 3.XX? I am new to Tivo hacking so it is not impossible that it is not my error in something that I am doing. I would appreciate any help that I can get.

Thanks
    WatchDog

instruction?

can any one show where to download xplsz and what hard ware to use?
    how i get start?
    thanks for some one help.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    dzzy

I too am having trouble getting locals. My TIVO is stuck on the MIAMI locals which is way far from my spotbeam. Admitted I am newbie, but have not figured out how to transfer files from WindowsXP machine ethernet linked to TIVO. Have Teraterm working fine and actually transferred a file from the TIVO to the C:\ drive on XP machine using the SZ and File>Recieve commands. Kind of confused whether or not the MOUNT command is needed at this point. Have instructions on how to set up locals but need to move some files downloaded on XP machine to TIVO. Not read enough to do that just yet, but still reading.

Xplusz command "NOPHONE"

Can someone verify that when the "NOPHONE" xplusz command is used, that it activates lifetime subscription...I was told this in another thread, but I am not sure if this is correct.

Any information would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by ROCKSTEADY
    Can someone verify that when the "NOPHONE" xplusz command is used, that it activates lifetime subscription...I was told this in another thread, but I am not sure if this is correct.

Any information would be helpful.

There is no such thing as activating a lifetime subscription. This can only be done by calling DTV or Tivo and subscribing.

NOPHONE only stops the Tivo from needing to actually make a phone call out.

Thank you for the response.

Folks, anyone with locals problems be sure to do the CLEAR & DELETE It resets guide data but wipes season passes. DON'T do that one that wipes everything, It says it takes an hour but if you start it before you go to bed it should be done with locals working by morning.

Mine took 5 hours!

Redoing season passes is a small price to pay to have the locals working

Hope this helps!

Dave
    1Dave1

I just installed Xtreme 2.5 and 3.1. There was a message saying that my TIVO service was interrupted for not making a call for 30 days. I spent a LONG time doing the forced phone updates figuring it would solve this problem. I then tried playing with Xplusz. I entered codes into the "Call Waiting Prefix and nothing happens. I am guessing that my phone updates overwrote my xPlusz.

CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED?

I can reformat again and re-install Xtreme. If this is the case, I will just have to figure out how to activate Tivo without making phone calls. Hints on how to do this would be helpful. Thank you for anyone who replies

Quote Originally Posted by Ovit1
    I just installed Xtreme 2.5 and 3.1. There was a message saying that my TIVO service was interrupted for not making a call for 30 days. I spent a LONG time doing the forced phone updates figuring it would solve this problem. I then tried playing with Xplusz. I entered codes into the "Call Waiting Prefix and nothing happens. I am guessing that my phone updates overwrote my xPlusz.

CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED?

I can reformat again and re-install Xtreme. If this is the case, I will just have to figure out how to activate Tivo without making phone calls. Hints on how to do this would be helpful. Thank you for anyone who replies
    Did you have a phone line plugged in when you forced the call?

xPlusz not working after Phone Updates

Yes, I did have the phone line plugged in. I am wondering now whether you NEVER update after doing a hack. Is this a rule that no one ever mentions?