Thread: just installed 25xtreme, still asking to call

just installed 25xtreme, still asking to call

I just installed 25xtreme and tivo is still telling me that it hasnt made the daily call in more than 30 days and it needs to. How do i make it so it doesnt have to call?

Here's what you need to do:

Even easier than you thought...

After doing the 25 upgrade, and popping the drive back in the Tivo to let the proms flash and databases rebuild, etc. simply connect to the unit via serial.

From the bash prompt type "touch /etc/SubTest"

sans quotes, and make sure you get the case correct -- that's a capital S and a capital T in SubTest.

-Kilroy

This was from an earlier post in the forum (I'm not Kilroy). This will setup the fixsub.tcl script and get rid of the nag message. After you've done this you can either try forcing a daily cal via the Phone Setup menu or run fixsub manually. From the bash prompt, type in:

cd /tvbin
    ./fixsub.tcl

If you check the System Information screen you should now see an indication that the last attempt at making a daily call was successful and you should also now have a Tivo status of 5 (lifetime subscription).
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

I'll try that i still need to get a serial cable. I think i just want to order it online. Is there a good place to buy one? I remember seeing it for sale somewhere, but i did a search and i cant find it anymore

9th Tee sells them for about $7.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!