Thread: Where's the best place to go for DVD burning tips?

Where's the best place to go for DVD burning tips?

Where's the best place to go for DVD burning tips?

One of my first questions is:

Why can I only fit one hour of TiVo programming onto a DVD.

Have you tried VCDHelp.com yet? That place has more information about creating DVDs, VCDs, SVCDs than you can imagine.

Another place is KVCD.net they have templates for TMPGenc that will allow you to do all kinds of video sizing to meet your needs.

Good luck!

As a rule, you can normally get about 3 hours of video on a DVD. This will vary depending on the amount of compression used for the program you are recording on the DTivo.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

I have no idea what kind of compression I used. All I know is that I extracted programs from a Sony-T60 using TyTool6. I used the Multiplex mode of TyTool6 which directly generated .m2v files sized at 1,300 MEG per hour of video.

When I use Sonic MyDVD (which came bundled with my HP burner), importing the 1,300 MEG file uses up over 4 GIG of DVD space.

I saw your post in the other thread. I have no idea what's going on with your file sizes. I've heard that Sonic DVD pretty much sucks as a rule so you might want to look into other DVD authoring programs. BTW, I was referring to the amount of compression used by DTV for broadcasting the signal. You have nothing to to with the compression used by DTV.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

DVD authoring ...

Well if Sonic (which came bundled with my burner) sucks ... and since ULEAD's program froze up every single time I ever tried to add a movie ... what shoujld I try?

Re: DVD authoring ...

Originally posted by jaja
    Well if Sonic (which came bundled with my burner) sucks ... and since ULEAD's program froze up every single time I ever tried to add a movie ... what shoujld I try?
    Dude... it's not frozen... In my other thread, i warned people
    about that. Just give it some time and it will "unfreeze".

For people making professional looking DVDs, Ulead products
    are the best choice so far for us DTiVo users.

-Pr.

You can demux then use IFOedit then use Nero to burn your DVD.

Ulead "freezing"...

I did excercise patience with ulead. The problem was that it froze as I was "pointing" at movies to add. I didn't click on anything. It just froze as I hovered my mouse over the list of files.

Of course, I did wait patiently for well over 5 minutes. The ulead movie factory simply aborted.

I rebooted my PC (it was now frozen as well) and repeated above process with exact same result.

I rebooted my pc and gladly uninstalled ulead movie factory.

I have a SONY VAIO P4 with 512 M memory and 80 G hard drive.