Thread: TiVo thinks it has Guide Data but it does not appear

Unhappy TiVo thinks it has Guide Data but it does not appear

Yesterday I noticed my TiVo was running out of guide data in less than a day but the System Information screen said I had data for the next two weeks. I forced a daily call but still no more program schedules.

Next I reset it and told it to clear all program data and To Do lists. I then had it make it's daily call. It appeared to download all new data and went through the process of loading it. Said it would take 81 min. but it only took about 20 minutes.

Still no guide data. However, if I watch live TV the information is there just not there when go to pick programs to record.

I've added the TurboNet card and installed TiVoWeb as well as a few of the TiVoWeb modules so it's not a virgin system. I think the guide data stopped about when I installed the MfsStream module but can't be certain about the time frame. I'm sure this problem is due to something I've done but I can't think of what it would be.

HELP!!!

Sounds like the data is loading, but not indexing. That is usually caused by the time not getting set properly. Look in your log files for a message about your time being warped. If you see that message, that means the ntpdate command failed. Once you get that fixed, it will index and all your shows will appear normally. If you have an ntp time server running locally, you can do an 'ntpdate -b xx.xx.xx.xx' command where the xx.xx.xx.xx is the ip address of the ntp server.

I did not find anything in the logs about the time being warped but I did an ntpdate -b to a local time server anyway. No help. I also switched it back to using the phone for updates and watched the status as it dialed out. It did say updating time clock or something to that effect. Still no guide data.

TiVo withdrawal symptoms are starting to appear...

Well... I left it alone for a few hours and the guide data appeared. I guess it was indexing in the background or something. The System Info page did not indicate that it was working on anything. Now to figure out why the problem appeared in the first place...

Yes, once you start indexing, it takes a few hours for it to finish. That is why it did not show up right away.