Thread: midupdate.tcl

midupdate.tcl

OK I ran midupdate, I see everyone says they get guide info right away....how long is right away i don't want to reset my guide data and to do list.

Midupdate did give me "retrying after errTmBackgroundHoldoff ...
    New Market ID is 010."

I don't mind waiting, but if I need to reset I rather do that already.

Thanks
    Carlos

With me, right after running it & REBOOTING, as soon as I could watch Live TV, I had the correct locals added in the guide, and I could watch the channels.

You should get something like:
    Old Market ID is 111
    New Market ID is 010

Are you using the most current version. The one that is posted on the 2nd page of a thread below - Titled: (no locals or tba -- help!)?

no luck

here is what I get when I run midupdate.

Old Market ID was 8.
    New Market ID is 010.

I sitll get no guide data all I get is TBA. I ran midupdate and rebooted. still no guide data so I ran midupdate again and i got the same result

Old Market ID was 8.
    New Market ID is 010.

looks to me that the midupdate is not sticking or is this normal?

I did use the current midupdate from the previous post on TBA...

So I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks,
    DTVOGUY

I sitll get no guide data all I get is TBA

Oh, well...to clarify, I had no local channels, period. After running midupdate, I quickly had them all (after rebooting & letting the guide data reach 100%). However, most of the guide data was "TBA". Maybe those channels that had a lot of data were crossovers from the same chan Example: 389?(FoxW) to LA11(fox), which is the same channel. Anyway, within 24 hours I had all of the guides filled in with the correct shows. I see that other people have TBA problems for weeks, so I don't know if this helps. I guess if you have 100% TBA after 12 hours or so, you should probably start to be concerned and look into the next step.
    Last edited by groundhog; 03-05-2003 at 08:02 PM.

Re: midupdate.tcl

What locals are you trying to get?
    It appears you are trying to get Miami, whose decimal local value is 010, but the MarketID is 123. If you are trying to get Atlanta locals, that MarketID is just 10, not 010.

Originally posted by dtvoguy
    OK I ran midupdate, I see everyone says they get guide info right away....how long is right away i don't want to reset my guide data and to do list.

Midupdate did give me "retrying after errTmBackgroundHoldoff ...
    New Market ID is 010."

I don't mind waiting, but if I need to reset I rather do that already.

Thanks
    Carlos

dtvoguy,

I had "To Be Announced" in the guide data for my locals (In my case Tampa). I ran midupdate.tcl like you and waited and waited. Nothing, still TBA.
    So, I removed my locals by doing the following:
    From the Bash Prompt:
    #61 (Reset)
    Reboot
    : Verified that all my Tampa locals were all gone.
    : Next, I opened the midupdate.tcl file with an editor and found my Market ID and ran midupdate.tcl by:
    Transferring the midupdate.tcl file to /var/hack
    chmod +x midupdate.tcl
    tivosh ./midupdate.tcl 187 (187 is the Market ID for Tampa)
    Reboot
    : Waited for the Guide Data to populate which started immediately and only took about 5 to 10 minutes to fully populate! Surprised me!!
    #60,20 (20 is the Local Code for Tampa)
    I did this because someone said midupdate.tcl was only temporary.
    I have had the Tampa Locals with Guide Data ever since.

Good Luck...

still trying

If my zipcode does not match the zipcode listed on midudate will this make a difference. I will change anyways now and check.

ok

Changed zipcode to match the one on the list and also corrected the right market ID....Careless mistake was entering the wrong info. Just ran midupdate and correct id shows up. So I just rebooted and will hopefully have guide info.

cannot find midupdate.tcl

Originally posted by XtremeIT
    dtvoguy,

I had "To Be Announced" in the guide data for my locals (In my case Tampa). I ran midupdate.tcl like you and waited and waited. Nothing, still TBA.
    So, I removed my locals by doing the following:
    From the Bash Prompt:
    #61 (Reset)
    Reboot
    : Verified that all my Tampa locals were all gone.
    : Next, I opened the midupdate.tcl file with an editor and found my Market ID and ran midupdate.tcl by:
    Transferring the midupdate.tcl file to /var/hack
    chmod +x midupdate.tcl
    tivosh ./midupdate.tcl 187 (187 is the Market ID for Tampa)
    Reboot
    : Waited for the Guide Data to populate which started immediately and only took about 5 to 10 minutes to fully populate! Surprised me!!
    #60,20 (20 is the Local Code for Tampa)
    I did this because someone said midupdate.tcl was only temporary.
    I have had the Tampa Locals with Guide Data ever since.

Good Luck...
    I have looked all over for midupdate.tcl and cannot find it. What gives. Can you supply a step by step guide for this process. It would help alot of people!

here you go

here is the file
    http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...l&pagenumber=2

transfer midupdate to your /var/hack make sure you chmod +x
    From bash at /var/hack:

1. ./midupdate.tcl x
    2.reboot
    3.wait for guides to fill

Make sure you also use selectlocals and your card matches the info on the midupdate.tcl

This worked for me. I also had to reset guide and to do list.

Good luck
    DTVOGUY

Problem Resolved

Thanks for the file. I have written a VERY complete HowTo on this locals thing. PM me for the file.

Upgraded SD-DVR40 DTiVo on instantcake-hdvr2-6.2-01-2-151.iso using Zipper 2.4 and it works great and was very easy! However, I'm trying to get multiple local channel feeds. Sub includes locals and older threads talk about running midupdate and mvchannels which does update the guide and I see the new locals info but once selected, all report either "not available in your area" or " call for ordering information". This includes trying LA which I thought was a national feed. 15-30 minutes later, the box reboots and I have my old locals again. Read multiple threads on Jumper's script but never actually found the script so I've not tested that possible solution.

Can I change my local feed in 6.2 when I'm in a different spot beam area such as traveling? I can't find anything on this subject more recent than 2003 and I've researched a great deal on the subject. Thank you for your assistance!

Quote Originally Posted by cocktailsfirst View Post
    I can't find anything on this subject more recent than 2003
    All that stuff relates to the Golden Age of Locals, long over.

I figured as much. I'm surprised there is nothing out there to temporarily select other markets for locals when in that spot beam area such as vacation or motor home travel. I wonder what those people do?
    Thanks for you help and I welcome any thoughts to solve my issue.
    Last edited by cocktailsfirst; 12-30-2006 at 08:01 PM.