Thread: Bash Issue, or lack thereof

Bash Issue, or lack thereof

I have a DSR6000. I upgraded to 2.5 version of extreme. Installed in DTivo, touched the unit, allowed database to update, all was fine. Upgraded to 2.52, now I have no access to the bash prompt. Is there anything that has to be done different in 2.52 that does not apply to 2.5? I have exhausted the search option to resolve this problem, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Bash Issue, or lack thereof

Originally posted by T_M
    I have a DSR6000. I upgraded to 2.5 version of extreme. Installed in DTivo, touched the unit, allowed database to update, all was fine. Upgraded to 2.52, now I have no access to the bash prompt. Is there anything that has to be done different in 2.52 that does not apply to 2.5? I have exhausted the search option to resolve this problem, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    Baud rate, 115,200.
    SpongeBob is not a contraceptive - Bart S.
    A tabloid, is that one of those really strong mints? - Homer S.

I have that set by default for other applications of teraterm. I doublechecked the System's configuration too, to make sure the CPU was set for 115200 of throughput. I know its not in the configuration of the computer, because I have another HD that is extremed as well and the bash prompt works on it.

Thanks
    T_M

How did you upgrade to v2.5.2? Maybe bash isn't enabled in rc.sysinit.

I used the ISO on the pitoudistro website, but I did have a bash prior to installing the upgrade. If the upgrade does not have the bash enabled, could you point me to a good thread that will get the issue resolved before I shut this PC down and attach the DTiVo drive.

Thanks
    TM

The xupgrade enables bash at 115200. Try using Tera Term Pro to connect on your win pc. You can get it here http://pvrhack.sonnik.com/tivo/download.asp

Did you check the System Info screen to make sure the upgrade completed and you're at v2.5.2? Are you able to run any xPlusz commands?

Originally posted by superzap
    The xupgrade enables bash at 115200. Try using Tera Term Pro to connect on your win pc. You can get it here http://pvrhack.sonnik.com/tivo/download.asp

Did you check the System Info screen to make sure the upgrade completed and you're at v2.5.2? Are you able to run any xPlusz commands?
    Yes, I am able to run xPlusz commands, the main reason I need to get into bash is to enable the #60 command as it says its not active or activated, whichever is the case.

TM

Oops I am using TeraTerm Pro, 115200 is set in the system properties sheet, and have verified that i am at version 2.5.2

Try running this xPlusz command to see if xPlusz if working:
    #0#12

Enter that into the Call Waiting Prefix from the Phone Dialing Options menu and you should get a display of all the xPlusz options on the TV screen. This is just to verify that the xupgrade install went ok.

Sounds like your serial cable is not working. Are you sure the correct COM port is selected in Tera Term? Check your pc bios to make sure the serial port is enabled.

Originally posted by superzap
    Try running this xPlusz command to see if xPlusz if working:
    #0#12

Enter that into the Call Waiting Prefix from the Phone Dialing Options menu and you should get a display of all the xPlusz options on the TV screen. This is just to verify that the xupgrade install went ok.

Sounds like your serial cable is not working. Are you sure the correct COM port is selected in Tera Term? Check your pc bios to make sure the serial port is enabled.
    Ok I Did that, nothing is active except Daylight Saving Time. Is there a way to enable all of these gadgets without having to pull the HD again as the old lady is starting to get a bit peeved hehe.

Thanks
    T_M

TELNET was one of those not active, and the serial cable is known good, tested with other Tivo unit with 2.5 without the upgrade.

You probably don't want to activate all of the xPlusz functions. See the readme file for all the commands. If you don't have a phone connected start with the NOPHONE option enabled with:
    #21,1

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...9110#post79110

Your bash problem is something else however. Maybe your dtivo's serial port is bad. You only need TELNET if you have a turbonet card and network access.

Thumbs up

enabling the TELNET switch made it good to go.

Thanks a lot for the nudge in the right direction.

TM