Thread: deBatch Save VCR / xPlusZ / tivoweb /Standalone HDR112

deBatch Save VCR / xPlusZ / tivoweb /Standalone HDR112

Greetings....

Been out of the tivo hacking mode for about 6 months..... I have a standalone, and wondering if there is any progrress towords a "Batch Save to VCR: feature. I saw a hint of it in a thread about XplusZ, but that seems to be for DTivos only. I also thought I saw long ago a module for TIvoweb, but can't find it.

Can anyone help me on this? THanks.

The same batch save TCL script should work on a SA tivo but I haven't tried it.

Get a copy of xPlusz v3.10 and extract the BatchSavesz.tcl from the xPsz.tar.gz file. Install that in a directory on your tivo where you can run it from bash. Follow the use instructions in the xPlusz readme, except instead of running xPlusz command #70, you'll need to start the TCL script at that point.

After looking at the TCL script I had to make some adjustments. Attached is the modified file. Also included is the special text2osd executable that should be installed in /var/hack. Don't forget to chmod +x both files
    Last edited by superzap; 03-22-2003 at 12:08 PM.

Superzap, Reguarding using a Direct Tivo unit, do you have any instructions on how to execute the batch vcr hack, after installing it in xplusz?

- The readme mentions that you should backup your tivo image. How dangerous is this hack to use?

- Can you run it without using Tivoweb, or having a computer hooked up & running Terraterm, etc?

- If it can be run without an external computer, how do you use the remote to select shows, then play them in secqence while recording?

groundhog

All this does is allow the normal tivo Save to VCR feature is save more than 1 recording without any intervention after setup. It's not dangerous at all.

As implemented in xPlusz v3.10 evrything can be done using the remote. See the xPlusz README for full documentation on use.

Thanks. I could have sworn I looked for the instructions before and couldn't find them. I must have blown right past them. Awsome feature. Thanks.

Superzap:

Thanks for the assist..... but I didn't quite make it all the way. Lemme recap what I did.

1) I extracted the ZIP (you posted) , and moved the two files BatchSavesz1.tcl and text2osd to /var/hack

2) I did a chmod 777 *

3) at the prompt, i type ./BatchSavesz1.tcl

4) On my tivo, I go into now plying and select a program, and hit 9 then chhose another, then 9, then 7 to close. (Nothing appears on the onscren display)

If I look on the telnet session, I have the following errors:

bgerror failed to handle background error.
    Original error: invalid command name "ts"
    Error in bgerror: invalid command name "ts"

When I hit "1" on the remote, the bash prompt returns, and I get the onscreen message "merge script ended".

SO, genius that I am, I'm guessing I'm missing a file "ts", perhaps?

Other (Unix-deficient) questions:

What is the significance of the #!/tvbin/tivosh at the top of the script. I know it is not just a comment. -- should I be placing the script in there?

Thanks agian

d.

OK, I had to make another change to BatchSavesz1.tcl. Go back to my previous post and re-download it and try again.

Getting closer......

bash-2.02# BatchSavesz1.tcl
    adding 752476/-1
    adding 770756/-1
    merging: 752476/-1 770756/-1
    #ERROR# invalid command name "MyRetryTransaction"

The OSD works then making the selections. However, nothing new appears in the Now Playing list. Pressing 1 exits back to bash.

Thx.

OK, give this one a try.

Not quite...

same result.

I'll send you my home phone # if you want to chat in a PM.

Thanks for your help!!!!!!]

D.

I edited line 50 from this:
    MyRetryTransaction {
    to this
    RetryTransaction {

That was last posted last.

So either double check what you did to replace the file, or make the edit yourself.
    It should be working. If not posted the messages you're getting.

Wahoo.. that did the trick. Batch Recordings at last....

one I learn a bit more about tcl I think I'll have some tweaks I'll want to make and share... but thanks so much for the help!

Dave