Page 64 of 68 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: ty enabled mplayer [beta test]

Tivo Mplayer MacOS X Binary (1.0pre6 with 12/28 Tivo patch)

Updated Mplayer binary for Mac OS X. Built with Mplayer 1.0pre6 and the 12/28 Tivo patch. This binary includes the links to the info you'll need to build your own if this binary doesn't work for you.

Tivo Mplayer Mac OS X Binary (1.0pre6)

Does any kind soul have an XP binary built using stealthdave's patch?

Thanks!!

-- gyre --

Mplayer GUI on G3

I've successfully compiled Mplayer and MplayerGui on my G3 running OSX 10.3. However I'm not receiving any video from the Ty feed. The GUI app launches and data is received (X/Y stuff streaming across the screen) however no video or audio.

error during make (post patch)

caveat: I am new to the compilation process on OSX. But I have, I think, created the right environment (I have installed xcode 1.5, upgraded the gcc and I have also installed the default install of fink).

I downloaded the mplayer 1.0pre6a source and applied the tivo patch courtesy of stealthdave.

I follow the directions for OSX compilation as previously posted by mfield - however I am getting an error during the make:

ld: archive: vstream/vstream.a has no table of contents, add one with ranlib(1) (can't load from it)
    make: *** [mplayer] Error

I've now tried this several times - but always the same result.

Anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by expatkiwi
    ld: archive: vstream/vstream.a has no table of contents, add one with ranlib(1) (can't load from it)
    make: *** [mplayer] Error
    Make an archive of vstream.a.

Code:
    # ranlib vstream.a
    Then, then run make again.

Thanks TivoSledge.

I noticed, after my post, that Bagpuss and Mikely had exchanged dialogue regarding this as well. It seems that I was not the only one to encounter this.

I'm up and running and all is good. I'm using the Java based GUI frontend with the Bagpuss 'quiet' mod.

Phaseshifter managed to get the 'standard issue' GUI running with this (he mentions on another thread). I tried using his binary - didn't work for me though (I noticed it worked for you). Any comments on what GUI might be best? In other words - is the standard issue GUI worth spending the time on compilation?

MplayerGUI: not playing back in full screen

Ok, so... I spoke to soon earlier. It's all good except for one thing. I cannot playback in full screen.

MplayerGUI gives the option for playback in full screen. There are two methods. The first method is to check the check-box for default full screen playback - this does not work for me, nothing happens at all, it does not even appear to try. The second method is to begin playback in 1:1 mode and then 'switch' to full screen via a keystroke - 'F' toggles full screen. This almost works. It does switch to full screen. But I seem to get only 1 frame in 50 to display. It's as if there is not the cpu resources to display. It plays back fine in 1:1 mode (consumes about 82% in cpu on my 15i Powerbook 1ghz, according to the activity console).

Any ideas?

I'm fairly certain that playback is using the sdl quartz drivers - the reference console output is:
    VO: [sdl] 480x240 => 640x480 Planar YV12

Hold the ph. Just noticed these errors on the console:
    set_fullmode: SDL_SetVideoMode failed: Invalid width or height
    SDL: failed to set video mode: Invalid width or height

I notice when I attempt to toggle the display appears to attempt a downgrade to a lower resolution (the mouse pointer gets bigger). Perhaps it's trying to downgrade the refresh rate also. It may be that the LCD of the powerbook does not support the lower refresh rate. It may be that I am talking out my ass.

Anybody?

Problem compiling mplayer-1.0pre1-tivo-0.19. in FC3

Code:
    [...]
    libavcodec/libavcodec.a(simple_idct_mmx.o)(.text+0x3bac): In function `ff_simple_idct_add_mmx':
    i386/simple_idct_mmx.c:209: undefined reference to `wm1010'
    libavcodec/libavcodec.a(simple_idct_mmx.o)(.text+0x3ca8):i386/simple_idct_mmx.c:209: undefined reference to `d40000'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make: *** [mplayer] Error 1
    $ 

$ uname -a
    Linux eniac 2.6.10-1.741_FC3 #1 Thu Jan 13 16:38:22 EST 2005 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
    Any recommendations? Am I missing a required library?

compiliation problems with Suse 9.2

I'm having the same compiliation problems that OvitivO is having above, though I'm using Suse 9.2.

Code:
    i386/motion_est_mmx.c:118: undefined reference to `bone'
    libavcodec/libavcodec.a(motion_est_mmx.o)(.text+0xed3):i386/motion_est_mmx.c:118: undefined reference to `bone'
    libavcodec/libavcodec.a(simple_idct_mmx.o)(.text+0x22): In function `ff_simple_idct_mmx':
    libavcodec/libavcodec.a(simple_idct_mmx.o)(.text+0x11e):i386/simple_idct_mmx.c:209: undefined reference to `d40000'
    libavcodec/libavcodec.a(simple_idct_mmx.o)(.text+0x1ddb): In function `ff_simple_idct_add_mmx':
    libavcodec/libavcodec.a(simple_idct_mmx.o)(.text+0x1ed7):i386/simple_idct_mmx.c:209: undefined reference to `d40000'
    libavcodec/libavcodec.a(simple_idct_mmx.o)(.text+0x3bac): In function `ff_simple_idct_put_mmx':
    libavcodec/libavcodec.a(simple_idct_mmx.o)(.text+0x3ca8):i386/simple_idct_mmx.c:209: undefined reference to `d40000'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make: *** [mplayer] Error 1
    uname -a gives me:
    Linux PCNAME 2.6.8-24.10-smp #1 SMP Wed Dec 22 11:54:27 UTC 2004 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OS X Problem with Mplayer and SDL and chopiness

After numerous attempts I have succeeded in streaming from Tivo to my OS X G5 running Mplayer Pre6. The issue I have is I cannot use SDL. Although it has been installed numerously and MPLAYER recompiled I still cannot use it. The command "mplayer -ao help" does not list SDL as an option. nor is it found in "mplayer -vo help". sdl-config is located in /sw/bin.

The reason I wish to try SDL is that most times the video and audio stop for a split second every few seconds during transmission. I have tried various cache values and the streaming works fine until the cache fills up and then starts hiccuping. Only rarely can I get a transmission with no interruptions.

The issue may be purely throughput as I am on a wireless network.

If anyone could address the two issues above I would greatly appreciate it.,

Thank You

same linker problem as ovittivo and bash above...

Does anyone know the source of this linker problem? I've tried several suggestions from the mplayer list with no luck (building ffmpeg seperately shared). I wonder if the trouble here is the 2.6 kernel - which I'm also running...

Anyone have success building w/ 2.6 ?

I hope I don't have to re-invent the wheel here but here goes nuthin
    I am running mepis linux ( a debian unstable derivative) and have installed mplayer and mencoder using apt-get. I am getting signal 11 crashes and after searching here for a while I found the Tivo Patch for mplayer. Now, how the heck do I apply it?
    I feel somewhat lost.

Should I just BUILD the tivo enabled mplayer? or can I patch my existing install?
    Thanks for any pointers

ignore the stupid noob.
    I was able to build teh tivo mplayer with absolutely no problems. I have never had great success building from source. The gods must like me today or something
    Working well now

stupid noob here again
    I can't seem to get the gui to build but that's a me vs linux issue.

For some reason On my wireless connection, I get serious choppiness.
    Tyshow under XP is not at all choppy.
    Any ideas?

I'm running mplayer version dev-CVS-050123-19:55-3.3 for OS X, and the audio sync gets progressively worse when playing .ty files. Just after playing the file for about 5 minutes, the sync falls behind by about a second. I just confirmed this with the 2/4/2005 Battlestar Galactica episode. When I scroll through 75% of the show on the tivo, the sync remains good. However, when scrolling to the same point with mplayer, the sync is bad (almost 2 sec off) and remains bad for the remainder of the show.

Does anyone know if the audio sync problem has been or will be fixed in mplayer? Thanks.