Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: ty enabled mplayer [beta test]

Originally posted by cwingert
    512mb is the size of a Part File. Many of these Part Files make up a Now Showing entry. Does anyone know if mfs-ftp adds stuff between part files? I actually have never played a tmf file directly.

In the TiVo, the first chunk of every part file is a header that tells information about that part file. I ignore the header during playback.
    i know about the part files; that's what i was saying. the bad data appears at the very end of the first part in a two part show (two 512 mb parts). all a tmf is is a tar file with a xml description of the show and the part files in sequence (part01.ty, part02.ty etc.).

i think the key lies in your second paragraph. i'm willing to bet that something in header says "the vid starts at offset x in this part and ends at offset y". tydemux and vsplitmux don't seem to use this either; instead, they watch the sequence numbers and other data in the stream and just bypass anything that doesn't "fit". this is why i got the "oob" data when i processed the ty, and it's why the resultant mpg didn't have the glitch, because it wasn't really supposed to be in the file.

i guess what i'm saying is that, in order to move closer to perfection in this regard, mplayer either needs to skip over the oob data like vsplitmux and tydemux does, or use the header info to determine what to cut.

ronny

I think you are missing the point, mplayer does this already and I have no problem with OOB data on my SA1.

If you find out the problem with your particular setup or tmf file, I will happily accept a patch.

Originally posted by ronnythunder
    i guess what i'm saying is that, in order to move closer to perfection in this regard, mplayer either needs to skip over the oob data like vsplitmux and tydemux does, or use the header info to determine what to cut.

ronny

cwingert: do you have a patch for your stuff against mplayer? Looking through the source it appears that you've got changes in quite a few places.

I want to add this stuff to the xbox media player so that we can stream directly from tivo to xbox. Patches against mplayer source (so that I can get your changes directly) would be very helpful.

Thanks,
    duo

n/m I just downloaded the rc4 sources from mplayer and did the diff myself.

These patches are not ready for prime time yet.

They are close, though and I have already be in contact with Arpi regarding inclusion in CVS.

Originally posted by d7o
    n/m I just downloaded the rc4 sources from mplayer and did the diff myself.

Well, I'll mark the feature experimental. A large part of my motivation is for my own use.

Originally posted by d7o
    I want to add this stuff to the xbox media player so that we can stream directly from tivo to xbox. Patches against mplayer source (so that I can get your changes directly) would be very helpful.

Thanks,
    duo
    cool, i've been hoping someone who knows what they're doing would take this on.
    I'm really looking forward to this feature.

cwingert,
    i just got around to testing 0.7, and unfortunately it seems to have made things worse for me. Now no files will stream at all, but local files still play fine.
    I've tried it on both large and small streams and none will play.
    Notice that it say's 'stream too big', even though the stream is only 81920KB.

Code:
    Playing tivo://tivo/372208
    Starting to stream from a TiVo tivo file 372208
    WARNING stream too big for CYGWIN, will play as much as possible!
    Cache size set to 16384 KBytes
    Connected to server: tivo
    Cache fill:  0.00% (0 bytes)    Falling back on trying to parse playlist tivo://
    tivo/372208...
    ============ Sorry, this file format is not recognized/supported =============
    === If this file is an AVI, ASF or MPEG stream, please contact the author! ===

Version 0.8

Is up on the server.

Burriko,

Could you give it a try?

Thanks

Re: Version 0.8

Is up on the server.

Burriko,

Could you give it a try?

Thanks
    much better. everything is playing now.

and it seems to be working as you said, it play's to 2GB and then stops.

thanks.

Version 0.9

Can be downloaded from http://tivo-mplayer.sf.net

SBrk (from alt.org forum) found a bug in the part file change code during streaming. I believe this is the problem that some users reported earlier. SBrk also provided FreeBSD support.
    Thanks to SBrk.

This should be the last release pre-1.0 and the initial release to MPlayer CVS.

I may add CC support (post 1.0), if there is interest.

Olaf is actually repairing streams.

The mplayer ty additions do not repair streams, they only try to hide the really broken portions
    Right, but I also see artefacting when I play these streams in powerdvd, whereas xbox media player doesn't show any artefacting in several places where powerdvd does.
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

Anyone want to throw us Windows Weenies a compiled bone?
    Scott

SAT-T60 Ver 3.5

Oh! nevermind....
    Last edited by Fugg; 04-07-2003 at 06:25 PM.

Thanks, but I meant a new one. (that's .4)

The source is now up to .9. Sorry for not being clear.

FYI:

2003.04.06, Sunday :: Finally! MPlayer 0.90 released!

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/design6/news.html

Last edited by osetivo; 04-07-2003 at 03:51 PM.
    Scott

SAT-T60 Ver 3.5