Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: ty enabled mplayer [beta test]

streaming works too!

one problem though, programmes recorded at best quality stuttered occasionally, but the one programme on my tivo recorded at basic quality played back perfectly. so i'm assuming this a network traffic problem due to the high bitrate of 'best' quality.

i'm very impressed though. and thanks for making such quick updates to fix the problems that i was having compiling it.

ran mplayer with the switch -cache 8192 to increase it's cache and now best quality streams without any stuttering.

now, how do i force mplayer to deinterlace mpeg2 streams?

Re: ty enabled mplayer [beta test]

Originally posted by cwingert
    -Fixing 2% of the actual streams, that are broken, is not my goal with these
    modifications, mplayer is not a player for bad streams. If you have a
    really bad stream, you should pass it through Olaf and team's tystudio.
    However, if there is enough demand, I will produce a tool to correct really
    bad ty streams.
    -The final intent of these modifications is to go into the mainstream mplayer
    source.

-----snip-----

==ToDo==
    -Code Cleanup
    -Closed Caption Support
    -Ty Stream Repair
    [/B]
    The latest tydemux is made to function as a library. Might prove useful instead of rewriting the code from scratch
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

I successfully got this working on mac os X. It works great, especially with -cache 16384 over my wireless connection. It's too big to post back here, so if anyone wants the binary let me know. The source changes I had to make:

• compile in quartz SDL support. You need to get the 1.2.5 sdl from fink
    • on my tivo (still!) I need to change the "/Recording/NowShowing" to "/Recording/NowShowingByTitle" or else nothing shows up. This is in vstream.c
    • Various callback moves in query.c and schema.c; gcc on mac os x doesn't support trampolining for some reason, resulting in segfaults
    • syscall(llseek) is replaced with syscall(199) -- there's no macro defined for that in mac
    • use local copies of unistd, getopt and dlfcn.h files

I can add NowShowingByTitle to the search list.

Can you send me your updated query.c and schema.c?

Thanks

Originally posted by gardenhose
    I successfully got this working on mac os X. It works great, especially with -cache 16384 over my wireless connection. It's too big to post back here, so if anyone wants the binary let me know. The source changes I had to make:

• compile in quartz SDL support. You need to get the 1.2.5 sdl from fink
    • on my tivo (still!) I need to change the "/Recording/NowShowing" to "/Recording/NowShowingByTitle" or else nothing shows up. This is in vstream.c
    • Various callback moves in query.c and schema.c; gcc on mac os x doesn't support trampolining for some reason, resulting in segfaults
    • syscall(llseek) is replaced with syscall(199) -- there's no macro defined for that in mac
    • use local copies of unistd, getopt and dlfcn.h files

Sure-- attached is the mac os x versions of the vstream directory.

Originally posted by burriko

now, how do i force mplayer to deinterlace mpeg2 streams? [/B]
    Code:
    mplayer -vop pp=lb tivo://tivo_ip/FSID
    will do it!

Is there anything I need to know to get this to compile under cygwin? I tried it and it said it couldn't find inttypes.h (which is in the MPlayer-0.90rc4/etc directory)? Is it a path thing? Do I need to set some variable?

TIA,

Z

I made my own inttypes.h
    <bof>
    #ifndef INTTYPES_H
    #define INTTYPES_H
    #include <sys/types.h>
    #include <cygwin/types.h>
    #endif
    <eof>

You are also going to need the DirectX headers.
    http://www.videolan.org/vlc/dx7headers.tgz
    and install them in /usr/include/

HTH

Originally posted by zobetron
    Is there anything I need to know to get this to compile under cygwin? I tried it and it said it couldn't find inttypes.h (which is in the MPlayer-0.90rc4/etc directory)? Is it a path thing? Do I need to set some variable?

TIA,

Z

Originally posted by burriko
    i tried compiling again with mpdvdkit disabled (to bypass the problem i have with libdvdcss.c). and it seems to have kicked up another vstream related error.
    Could you explain how you disabled mpdvdkit?

TIA,

Z

Never mind, I figured it out.

./configure --disable-mpdvdkit

Works like a charm (local and streamed). Really cool...
    Last edited by zobetron; 03-25-2003 at 01:07 AM.

Re: Re: ty enabled mplayer [beta test]

He allready have the code , the problem is that tydemux is not that sutible for random access. He can still use the functions but he will need to cache data etc...

Cheers Olaf

Originally posted by AlphaWolf
    The latest tydemux is made to function as a library. Might prove useful instead of rewriting the code from scratch

Originally posted by gardenhose
    Code:
    mplayer -vop pp=lb tivo://tivo_ip/FSID
    will do it!
    thanks for that, but i figured it out in the end. not overly impressed with mplayer's deinterlacing though, some things don't look quite right.

Originally posted by zobetron

TIA,

Z
    the following page explains how to compile under cygwin, and where to get the inttypes.h file.

http://mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/documentation.html#cygwin

Re: ty enabled mplayer [beta test]

Originally posted by cwingert

-The final intent of these modifications is to go into the mainstream mplayer
    source.
    I really hope that this happens. What i would love from this project is for it to be integrated into Xbox Media Player, which is quite likely to happen if it becomes a part of the mainsteam mplayer.
    (XBMP is based on mplayer, so features from mplayer generally end up in XBMP)