Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: ty enabled mplayer [beta test]

I can not get this thing to compile for me at all on os x. I do have the dev tools installed as well as sdl from fink like gardenhose said but still no luck. Can anyone help me out with this? Or if you already have a rolled-up binary that would be great as well. Thanks.

saltydog4791

saltydog: what errors do you get when trying to compile? Did you change all the loff_t's to long longs? Post your error here and we'll figure it out. It's a lot better if you can compile it yourself instead of use my binary because mine is optimized for my specific processor, etc.

gardenhose-

where would I change loff_t's to long longs?

I am compiling it now and this is a snippet of what I get at the bail-out. BTW, I swapped out the vstream folder included with the one you posted in this thread, which I assume is a good thing, right?

ranlib libvo/libvo.a
    ranlib libaf/libaf.a
    ranlib vstream/vstream.a
    ranlib postproc/libpostproc.a
    ranlib libmpdvdkit2/libmpdvdkit.a
    gcc -O4 -pipe -ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer -no-cpp-precomp -DSYS_DARWIN -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -Ilibmpdemux -Iloader -Ilibvo -I/sw/include/freetype2 -I/sw/include -I/sw/include/SDL -D_THREAD_SAFE -o mplayer mplayer.o mp_msg.o cpudetect.o codec-cfg.o cfgparser.o my_profile.o spudec.o playtree.o playtreeparser.o asxparser.o vobsub.o subreader.o sub_cc.o find_sub.o m_config.o m_option.o parser-cfg.o m_struct.o unrarlib.o mixer.o parser-mpcmd.o libvo/libvo.a libao2/libao2.a libmpcodecs/libmpcodecs.a mp3lib/libMP3.a liba52/liba52.a libmpeg2/libmpeg2.a libaf/libaf.a libmpdemux/libmpdemux.a input/libinput.a postproc/libpostproc.a postproc/libswscale.a linux/libosdep.a vstream/vstream.a -Llibmpdvdkit2 -lmpdvdkit libavcodec/libavcodec.a -lz -L/sw/lib -lfreetype -ltermcap -lGL -lXv -lXxf86vm -lXinerama -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXext -lX11 -L/sw/lib -lSDLmain -lSDL -framework Cocoa -framework OpenGL -L/sw/lib -lesd -laudiofile -lm -lm
    ld: Undefined symbols:
    _libiconv
    _libiconv_close
    _libiconv_open
    make: *** [mplayer] Error 1

OK, forgot about the libiconv stuff. After running ./configure add this line to the end of config.mak:

ICONV_LIB = -L/sw/lib -liconv

And then in the Makefile, find the line that does COMMON_LIBS = ...

And add $(ICONV_LIB) to the end of the list.

(This is assuming you have libiconv in your /sw/lib directory. You should (it's pretty common), but if not add it with fink.)

sweet. thanks gardenhose. it compiled for me after those two changes. the problem I get now is from streaming. when I try to get the list I get the following error.

Playing tivo://192.168.0.100/list
    Listing streams in /Recording/Complete
    ty_streaming_start failed
    Unable to open URL: tivo://192.168.0.100/list

Exiting... (End of file)

Any ideas? Is it because I am using the vstream dir that gardenhose posted and not the stock one?

saltydog4791

Re: Re: ty enabled mplayer [beta test]

Originally posted by burriko
    I really hope that this happens. What i would love from this project is for it to be integrated into Xbox Media Player, which is quite likely to happen if it becomes a part of the mainsteam mplayer.
    (XBMP is based on mplayer, so features from mplayer generally end up in XBMP)

MMMMMMMMmmmmmm. Streaming TiVo to the XBox!

Very cool enhancement to Mpalyer! I have watched a couple programs off my TiVo with only a couple problems.

I can use the command mplayer tivo:tivo2/fsid to stream a program from my tivo to my laptop. What I can't do is use tivo://tivo2/list to get a list of programs available. I get the following output on my linux PC:

Playing tivo://tivo2/list
    Listing streams in /Recording/NowShowing
    ty_streaming_start failed
    Unable to open URL: tivo://tivo2/list

Exiting... (End of file)

I am running beta 0.2 on my Redhat 8 laptop.

Does anyone have an idea what might be wrong?

Thanks,
    Jeff

hey jodell,

join the club. trying to figure it out right now.

saltydog4791

jodell, saltydog: I think you're both having the same trouble I did with the /Recording/Nowshowing stuff. Go into vstream.c and change every instance of "/Recording/NowShowing" to "/Recording/NowShowingByTitle" and see if that helps.

Thumbs up

cwingert: awesome!!!

I was waiting for the current studio development to move along before requesting this, so this was quite a pleasant surprise!

How about posting windows binaries?

Can someone do this?

Gardenhose,

Where do I find vstream.c ? I was looking for that file to try to make your suggested change. I expected it to be in the Tivo package but it was not. I also checked the Mplayer folder and didn't see it anyplace obvious. I will check there again as there were quite a few sub directories that I might not have checked carefully.

Thanks for the pointer

Jeff

Originally posted by jodell
    Gardenhose,

Where do I find vstream.c ? I was looking for that file to try to make your suggested change. I expected it to be in the Tivo package but it was not. I also checked the Mplayer folder and didn't see it anyplace obvious. I will check there again as there were quite a few sub directories that I might not have checked carefully.

Thanks for the pointer

Jeff

It's in {mplayer_directory}/vstream/vstream.c. Here's the code I have changed:

Code:
    int vstream_list_streams( void )
    {
       char *path;

mfs_init();
       if ( mfs_resolve( "/Recording/NowShowingByTitle" ) != 0 ) 
       {
          path = "/Recording/NowShowingByTitle";
       } 
       else 
       {
          path = "/Recording/Complete";
       }
       printf( "Listing streams in %s\n", path );
       vstream_query_streams( path );
       return( 0 );
    }

Smile Re: How about posting windows binaries?

Originally posted by fredisdead
    Can someone do this?
    RE: Windows binaries. Are there some? I won't mind playing with them. Can you let me know where?

Thanks, SA

just wanted to ask what tools i need to complie under mac osx and where do i download it from?