Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1858666768
Results 1,006 to 1,015 of 1015

Thread: ty enabled mplayer [beta test]

I am getting this same error...
    If you get a solution, could you let me know how to fix it as well?

Quote Originally Posted by romulusnr
    I can't seem to get tivo:// URLs to work in mplayer following the given examples. I have two Series 2 TiVos on the LAN and they are both probably running the latest TiVo software.

>~% mplayer "tivo://lan103/llist"
    MPlayer 1.0pre7try2-3.2.3 (C) 2000-2005 MPlayer Team
    CPU: Intel Celeron Covington/Pentium II Deschutes,Tonga/Pentium II Xeon (Family: 6, Stepping: 2)
    Detected cache-line size is 32 bytes
    CPUflags: MMX: 1 MMX2: 0 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 0 SSE2: 0
    Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX

Playing tivo://lan103/llist.
    Option stream url: This URL doesn't have a hostname part.
    File not found: 'llist'
    Failed to open tivo://lan103/llist

Exiting... (End of file)

Any tips?
    TIA
    {newbie - learning, but learning fast}
    DTiVo Series 2 {Phillips DSR704}
    Hacked w/80GB drive
    Netgear USB -> ethernet

Mplayer tvio:// Broken

The only previous message I saw about fixing this was do download and run the mplayer version from. http://tivo-mplayer.sourceforge.net/ Hopefully this is a know bug and a release of mplayer will be patched. FYI I've done a Strace from mplayer and this is the output I get for tivo://etc...

Code:
    stat64("tivo://tivo/list.conf", 0xbfa79520) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
    stat64("/home/zoop/.mplayer/list.conf", 0xbfa79520) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
    ioctl(0, SNDCTL_TMR_TIMEBASE or TCGETS, {B38400 opost isig icanon echo ...}) = 0ioctl(0, SNDCTL_TMR_START or TCSETS, {B38400 opost isig -icanon -echo ...}) = 0
    write(1, "Playing tivo://tivo/list.\n", 26Playing tivo://tivo/list.
    ) = 26
    open("tivo://tivo/.ifo", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
    open("tivo://tivo/.rar", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
    open("tivo://tivo/.rar", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
    open("tivo://tivo/.idx", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
    open("/home/zoop/.mplayer/sub/.ifo", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
    open("/home/zoop/.mplayer/sub/.rar", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
    open("/home/zoop/.mplayer/sub/.rar", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
    open("/home/zoop/.mplayer/sub/.idx", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
    open("tivo/list", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
    write(2, "File not found: \'tivo/list\'\n", 28File not found: 'tivo/list'
    ) = 28
    write(2, "Failed to open tivo://tivo/list\n", 32Failed to open tivo://tivo/list
    ) = 32
    After that it pretty much exits.

I've also done a sniff on my network and it never tries to connect to the Tivo or do any type of Name resolution. so it looks like it's never trying to use a network socket it's only trying a local open()

Here is an Strace of telling it a URL of FTP://

Code:
    stat64("ftp://10.1.1.19/tivo/list.conf", 0xbfcb4980) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
    stat64("/home/zoop/.mplayer/list.conf", 0xbfcb4980) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
    ioctl(0, SNDCTL_TMR_TIMEBASE or TCGETS, {B38400 opost isig icanon echo ...}) = 0ioctl(0, SNDCTL_TMR_START or TCSETS, {B38400 opost isig -icanon -echo ...}) = 0
    write(1, "Playing ftp://10.1.1.19/tivo/lis"..., 35Playing ftp://10.1.1.19/tivo/list.
    ) = 35
    open("ftp://10.1.1.19/tivo/.ifo", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
    open("ftp://10.1.1.19/tivo/.rar", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
    open("ftp://10.1.1.19/tivo/.rar", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
    open("ftp://10.1.1.19/tivo/.idx", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
    open("/home/zoop/.mplayer/sub/.ifo", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
    open("/home/zoop/.mplayer/sub/.idx", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
    socket(PF_INET6, SOCK_STREAM, IPPROTO_IP) = 3
    write(1, "Resolving 10.1.1.19 for AF_INET6"..., 36Resolving 10.1.1.19 for AF_INET6...
    ) = 36
    You Can see here that it actually creates a Socket and tries some name resolving.

Do you guys have vstream-client installed and mplayer built with vstream enabled? That's a possible cause of the problem.

Just verified that my Mplayer wasn't built with vstream support, I'm useing gentoo and useing their ebuild for mplayer. I found some people on the internet that have manually updated the ebuild to make it work. hope this helps the others haveing problems.

Link/info about modified Gentoo ebuild

zooppop - Do you have link or more information about the modified ebuild that compiled mplayer with vserver support?

Getting the following error.

rico@linux:~> gmplayer tivo://192.168.15.101/567157
    MPlayer 1.0rc1-SUSE Linux 9.3 (i686)-Packman-3.3.5 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team
    CPU: Intel Pentium III Katmai/Pentium III Xeon Tanner (Family: 6, Model: 7, Stepping: 3)
    CPUflags: MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 1 SSE2: 0
    Compiled with runtime CPU detection.
    Can't open joystick device /dev/input/js0: No such device
    Can't init input joystick
    mplayer: could not connect to socket
    mplayer: Permission denied
    Failed to open LIRC support. You will not be able to use your remote control.
    New_Face failed. Maybe the font path is wrong.
    Please supply the text font file (~/.mplayer/subfont.ttf).
    subtitle font: load_sub_face failed.
    New_Face failed. Maybe the font path is wrong.
    Please supply the text font file (~/.mplayer/subfont.ttf).
    subtitle font: load_sub_face failed.

Playing tivo://192.168.15.101/567157.
    File not found: '192.168.15.101/567157'
    Failed to open tivo://192.168.15.101/567157.
    SD-DVR40/160GB/4.0.1b/superpatch/usb2/tytool/ms_ftp/tivowebplus
    HR10-250 (stock) as of 12-9-05
    HR10-250/superpatch/usb2/tserver/tivoweb
    DirecTivo R10 (stock)
    "Test drive"60GB/6.2/superpatch/usb2/tytool/hmo/extracted scrambled shows with kernel & tools found here.

94Supra formerly TT now one T

tivo: Protocol associate to mplayer?

I am using Debian Linux (etch) running mplayer as described in this thread and it is working great running it from the terminal. I would like to be able to have mplayer launch when I select the tivo link in TivoWeb Plus Now Showing. I get an error that the web browser doesn't know what program is associated with the (tivo) protocol.

Quote Originally Posted by mleeroberts View Post
    I am using Debian Linux (etch) running mplayer as described in this thread and it is working great running it from the terminal. I would like to be able to have mplayer launch when I select the tivo link in TivoWeb Plus Now Showing. I get an error that the web browser doesn't know what program is associated with the (tivo) protocol.
    I assume this would work but haven't tried it yet.

http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_MPlayer_with_TiVo_USE_Flag

Randy

Mplayer on OSX

Quote Originally Posted by gardenhose View Post
    I successfully got this working on mac os X. It works great, especially with -cache 16384 over my wireless connection. It's too big to post back here, so if anyone wants the binary let me know. The source changes I had to make:

• compile in quartz SDL support. You need to get the 1.2.5 sdl from fink
    • on my tivo (still!) I need to change the "/Recording/NowShowing" to "/Recording/NowShowingByTitle" or else nothing shows up. This is in vstream.c
    • Various callback moves in query.c and schema.c; gcc on mac os x doesn't support trampolining for some reason, resulting in segfaults
    • syscall(llseek) is replaced with syscall(199) -- there's no macro defined for that in mac
    • use local copies of unistd, getopt and dlfcn.h files
    Sorry I need it spelled out… but how would I go about compiling it. I don't know how to do step one. I have all the developer apps. What's my first step?

Thanks!

ty enabled mplayer os x 10.7

Upgrading to OS X 10.7 left me without a way to stream from DTV-S2 to my Intel Mac. No Rosetta support and no tivotool.

Compiling mplayer with vstream is not that hard and works great.

What you will need: OS X 10.7, Xcode 4 (now free from the Mac AppStore).

1. Download mplayer source and configure
    Code:
    svn checkout svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk/
    cd trunk
    ./configure --disable-mmx --disable-mp3lib --disable-fastmemcpy --disable-mmxext --enable-vstream --extra-cflags="-O1"
    2. Don't run make yet, there is a small change that needs to be made.
    Code:
    nano libmpeg2/idct.c
    3. Comment out this section by adding "/*"
    Code:
    #if HAVE_SSE2
    /*    if (accel & MPEG2_ACCEL_X86_SSE2) {
            mpeg2_idct_copy = mpeg2_idct_copy_sse2;
            mpeg2_idct_add = mpeg2_idct_add_sse2;
            mpeg2_idct_mmx_init ();
        } else
    #elif HAVE_MMX2
        if (accel & MPEG2_ACCEL_X86_MMXEXT) {
            mpeg2_idct_copy = mpeg2_idct_copy_mmxext;
            mpeg2_idct_add = mpeg2_idct_add_mmxext;
            mpeg2_idct_mmx_init ();
        } else
    #elif HAVE_MMX
        if (accel & MPEG2_ACCEL_X86_MMX) {
            mpeg2_idct_copy = mpeg2_idct_copy_mmx;
            mpeg2_idct_add = mpeg2_idct_add_mmx;
            mpeg2_idct_mmx_init ();
        } else
    */
    #endif
    4. Run make and then make install
    5. Usage is still the same:
    Code:
    /usr/local/bin/mplayer tivo://192.168.1.1/23434
    If you want to use tivowebplus links from firefox you can create a simple Applescript to open the mplayer binary.

Which looks like this:

on open location this_URL
    do shell script "/usr/local/bin/mplayer '" & this_URL & "'"
    end open location

Save the file as an apple script application and go into firefox preferences to link tivo: to the app. I attached the Apple script here.

Hope that helps some poor soul out there.

Ayis