Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: ANNOUNCEMENT - TyStudio Beta 2 Available

Tystudio is great. It's got everything but the kitchen sync.

Sorry, just frustrated.

saltydog4791

Version 4.0

Anyone seeing crap-outs as a result of update to version 4. Setting my TiVo up this week, TyStudio looks very appealing, wondering what will happen/is happening as a result of the newly released Version 4.0 for SA S2 TiVos. Compatibility? Codec changes? etc.

-DPF

Well, you're thinking a bit ahead here. You can't even run any unsigned software on 4.0, let alone see if the current software will not be compatible.
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

Originally posted by newbie
    NOT NORMAL, should be a lot faster. Do a search and you'll find some tips:
    1) you want to use a swtich not a hub
    2) make sure your network is configured for 100
    3) try putting your Dtivo in standby
    4) upgrade your turbonet drivers.
    It is a Linksys EZXS55W EtherFast 10/100 5-port Auto-Sensing Switch. Network is configured at 100 Full Duplex. Come to think of it, I've had problems with these small switches running in 100BaseT Full Duplex mode before. Collision lights are constantly on. Knocking them back to Half Duplex usually makes them alot happier. I'll try it out as soon as I get a chance.
    What's the fastest way to check duplex mode on turbonet? Drivers should be fairly recent - installed about a month ago along with Extreme 3.1.

Thanks guys!

Better way to view on PC

This may be a newbie question, but I have so far been able to successfully view a TY file after converting to MPEG and then to AVI with MPEG Mediator. The problem with this is that the files are huge in AVI format. Is there anyway to convert to the MPEG files generated by TyStudio directly, or to convert them to an MPEG format that will be recognized by Windows Media Player?

dvd player instead

I'd suggest skipping wmp and try power dvd if you can.

PowerDVD or WinDVD.

Re: Better way to view on PC

Originally posted by George Martinez
    ... Is there anyway to convert to the MPEG files generated by TyStudio directly, or to convert them to an MPEG format that will be recognized by Windows Media Player?
    Doing another MPEG encode at that point would guarantee playable MPEG, but it would take hours (and I really mean hours) to encode each file. Do that only if you need to make perfect edits, using an AVI-type editor.

Chances are you have a bad MPEG codec installed, since the mpgs produced by tystudio (when it works...it doesn't always) should play in MSMP. They likely also play through a hardware dvd card, such as Creative Encore or Sigma Designs Hollywood card, regardless the condition of your mpeg codecs, since the hardware cards *are* their own codecs...they don't use the software ones installed in your system.

If all else fails, and you're determined to play mpg via MSMP or another software player that uses the system codecs, then a clean OS install, then Power DVD (which has good codecs) to make sure those and only those codecs are installed for mpeg would likely work, though of course it'd be a nuisance doing that.

MPG grow in MF or WS

I've pulled off my first ty using tystudio beta2 (GREAT tool!!!!).

The file is 1.6Gb, stripped out the ads and down to 1Gb. I put this 1Gb into either MF or WS and blots backup to the original 1.6Gb!

Is this normal? Should the file grow!!!! I've used other MPGs not from tivo and they do not grow!!

I have a UK SA TIVO and PC running ME.
    Kingsley

Re: MPG grow in MF or WS

Originally posted by KingCurly
    Hi - I don't have an answer to your question as I don't use those packages as I'm too busy developing tystudio to actually USE it

I just thought I would say hi as I'm just up the road from you in Eastleigh.

Riley--Although I don't have as much experience as you I have processed over a hundred gig. The only sync problems I've had is with an AMC movie with lots of cuts. By the end of the movie the sync is off by a few seconds. I think each cut increases the chance of sync problems.

Originally posted by rc3105
    I've processed hundreds of gig - mostly via tydemux-mplex or typrocess, and I've seen a few that tystudio hung on and just wouldn't process, but I've never seen it produce one where the av sync was incorrect.

--
    Riley

Cool

Originally posted by rc3105
    I've processed hundreds of gig - mostly via tydemux-mplex or typrocess, and I've seen a few that tystudio hung on and just wouldn't process, but I've never seen it produce one where the av sync was incorrect.

I'd bet $ that codecs is the playback problem most of the time for most people.

videolan client is a pretty decent mpeg player with internal mpeg decoding so that it doesn't rely on installed codecs. it's well worth getting as a troublshooting aid.

--
    Riley
    Yep. I'll be the first to admit I don't know sh!t from shinola here, but I kept having sync issues and jerky playback on the PC (after TyEditing, but before authoring). Then I realized that whatever DVD player I was using kept using the Elecard codec (the little logo was in the top right corner). As soon as I forced WinDVD to use the Intervideo codec by default, the problem went away.

Thanks to the team for a great suite of tools. Keep up the great work!

I'm having a hell of a time finding OK places to make cuts... I'm trying to crop some music videos and I can live with the inexact timing, but the majority of the cuts I make cause the dreaded "We can't close gop" error. I'm looking at the log trying to figure out exactly which cut is the problem. There are four cuts - the very beginning, just before the video, just after the video, and the very end. Here's the log for one:

demux: demuxing
    demux: Check Chunk: Warning!! Chunk: 115 - hole in video stream
    demux: Check Chunk: first_tick 17613267, last_tick 17565218
    demux: get_audio: Warning! Audio size 577 while pes says size 576
    demux: Error to seq_pes_holder is null after check
    demux: Error: Hence not enough framres to close the gop
    demux: Audio offset (for mplex -O) is 7

mplex: Pipe looks like an MPEG Video stream.
    mplex: Pipe looks like an MPEG Audio stream.
    mplex: Found 1 audio streams and 1 video streams
    mplex: Selecting generic MPEG2 output profile
    mplex: Multiplexing video program stream!
    mplex: Scanning for header info: Video stream e0 (unnamed)
    mplex: VIDEO STREAM: e0
    mplex: Frame width : 480
    mplex: Frame height : 480
    mplex: Aspect ratio : 4:3 display
    mplex: Picture rate : 29.970 frames/sec
    mplex: Bit rate : 15000000 b
    its/sec
    mplex: Vbv buffer size : 229376 bytes
    mplex: CSPF : 0
    mplex: Scanning for header info: Audio stream c0 (unnamed)
    mplex: MPEG AUDIO STREAM: c0
    mplex: Audio version : 1.0
    mplex: Layer : 2
    mplex: CRC checksums : no
    mplex: Bit rate : 24576 bytes/sec (192 kbit/sec)
    mplex: Frequency : 48000 Hz
    mplex: Mode : 1 joint stereo
    mplex: Mode extension : 2
    mplex: Copyright bit : 0 no copyright
    mplex: Original/Copy : 1 original
    mplex: Emphasis : 0 none
    mplex: SYSTEMS/PROGRAM stream:
    mplex: rough-guess multiplexed stream data rate : 15425800
    mplex: Setting best-guess data rate.
    mplex: Run-in Sectors = 88 Video delay = 9041 Audio delay = 0
    mplex: New sequence commences...
    mplex: Video e0: buf= 235520 frame=000000 sector=00000000
    mplex: Audio c0: buf= 4096 frame=000000 sector=00000000
    demux: Read Chunk: chunk 4094 - bad chunk header - skipping
    demux: Read Chunk: chunk 4095 - over flow in records - skipping
    demu
    x: Read Chunk: chunk 8190 - bad chunk header - skipping
    demux: Read Chunk: chunk 8191 - over flow in records - skipping
    demux: We can't close gop
    demux: We can't close the gop in this cut - choose another frame for your cut

The cuts are at frame 0, 114, 957, and 11034. I don't see any of those in there. Other times, I'll get a bunch of errors like this:
    demux: Read Chunk: chunk 11043 - bad chunk header - skipping
    demux: Read Chunk: chunk 11044 - bad chunk header - skipping

Those are all after the end of the video. I'm confused! I can handle redoing it a couple times (prefer not to, but I can't complain!), but I feel like I'm in the dark when trying to decide which cut to move.

Oh, this is from a DTivo, trying to convert to generic MPEG2, no transcoding.

EDIT: Oops, I feel like an ***** - I see an error at the top referring to chunk 115, guess that means that the cut at 114 is bad? I had just moved it and got the same error again - I just moved it again, hopefully it'll succeed this time.
    Last edited by Damfino; 04-08-2003 at 12:10 PM.

I had a similar problem on my UK SA. I moved last cut end back one frame (< left arrow), it seems strange but it worked for me!
    Kingsley

I tried about ten previous cuts and still got the same error every time... despite ending up with an mpg that seems more or less OK. I give up and am about to try another file to see if I can get a clean cut.

Does anyone know if the mpgs created where you get such an error message are OK? They seem to play fine in PowerDVD...