Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: ANNOUNCEMENT - TyStudio Beta 2 Available

Slight bug report on the batch processing... Im not seeing where the error is other than maybe the command line does not like spaces (Im going to test that next) The following does nothing

echo Processing started for: Andromeda- Delenda Est-Delenda Est.ty
    typrocess -d 4 -la tyeditor-process.log -it D:\TyStreams\Andromeda- Delenda Est-Delenda Est.ty -d 4 -l tyeditor-process.log -demux { -s 2 } -tcode { -m -s 48000 } -mplex { -f 3 -V } -om d:\TivoDVD\Andromeda- Delenda Est-Delenda Est.mpg
    echo Processing completed for: Andromeda- Delenda Est-Delenda Est.ty

Other than saying it completed properly (which it doesnt) and it does not create a log file either. NOTE: I have yet to get a file to batch.. maybe it is the characters or the - in the file name??

You need to wrap the filenames in quotes - e.g.
    "D:\TyStreams\Andromeda- Delenda Est-Delenda Est.ty"

The demux stalled problem is one of many fixes and enhancements I have done over the last few weeks.

I downloaded the latest version and it does indeed fix the TyDemux stalling problem with XP Pro. Thanks.

However all MPEGs created are still jerky and don't play back properly on any of my MPEG players. So I just run the MPEG output from TyStudio through MyFlix which rebuilds it in a few seconds and cures the problem. Maybe you already know about this?
    I've only tried outputting to the default settings so far (DVD video and 48000 audio) but hope to try the others later.

One little feature that I would dearly like to see in TyStudio is an option to change the MPEG flagging from 4:3 to 16:9. I hope that you will be able to include this one day.

Have you tried rebooting?

Originally posted by Meltdown
    ps fax | grep ftp is not a reconized command. I also tried "/tivo-bin/tivoftpd > /dev/null 2>&1 &" and it told me "[1] 507".

When I try to ftp to it with IE, it says it is activly refusing the connection.

Maybe if someone send me some intructions on how to install Joe with Telnet so I could look at the start-up file. Thanks for your help.

Originally posted by dlang
    with beta1 on linux I was able to take a .ty file and edit it to a .mpg that I was then able to burn (useing dvdauthor, mkisofs, and cdrecord, all free command line tools) to a CD. the problems I had were that tystudio loked up at the end of the conversion, the beginning of the DVD was missing the first 20-30 seconds of signal, and the audo/fvideo sync varied drasticly after each cut poin., but it did play!!

with beta2 (the correct files that is) I can do the edit without any problem, but when I attempt to add it to the DVD image I'm building I get complaints that it can't find the VOB block.

apparently something changed between beta1 and beta2 on this.

I'll try to get a chance to post this to the sourceforge bug reporter sometime later
    Has there been any progress on this? I see the same problem in both beta2 and the current CVS version., but not in the original beta 1.

Video anomaly?

TyStudio is freakin' great! For the most part. I had never bothered to try to do video extraction until this solution came along.

It's working really well for me, except the video I extract always has this very unusual artifact in the final video. Not sure what it is, but it looks like a tic-tac-toe board (3x3) of small squares, with a dot in the top right hand corner. I've included a screen shot below. Look up in the top right corner to see it.

Anyone else seen this? Oh, and it's not static, it jumps and moves around the screen like a buzzing insect. Very odd!

Thanks.

Jason, I read somewher (I can't find the link) that some mpeg2 codecs are shareware and they display something like you say everytime is used. So I guess this "problem" is only present if you play it in your computer, if you didn't re-encode you will have no problems.

Edit: found it here

from the post:
    It seems to me that this has probably been added by a codec of some sort. It appears to me that the logo is probably a watermark of some sort. The logo is a 3 by 3 group of blocks, with a dot in the upper right of the 9 dots. I checked my Add/Remove programs list and I don't see anything that looks new, but I may be missing something.
    Last edited by bato; 04-22-2003 at 01:54 PM.

The codec you are talking about is an MPEG2 encoding codec from Elecard.
    If you go to their site you will find the same logo there.

To fix this remove the elecard encoder (you probably got it from software like DVD2AVI). Then install a new codec that is not shareware (bbMpeg for example).

Thanks for the response.

I cannot figure out where that P.O.S. came from though, and I can't seem to find a way to remove it.

I can go through the whole list of video codecs in the Device Manager and remove it (maybe?), but I'm not sure what it's called.

The only things I think I installed in that realm are XVID, DIVX 5.03. I don't watch much video content but so much internet content now uses them that I installed it anyway.

On a plus note, now that I know my extraction is working properly, kudos to TyStudio. Now if I only had a DVD player that could play VCDs and SVCDs... Time for a new one I guess. Or a DVD burner.

Originally posted by rc3105
    wmp, powerdvd & windvd all play tystudio mpeg just fine assuming your windows mpg codecs are installed properly. that's a pretty big if though... check www.doom9.org or www.digital-digest.com for windoes codec troubleshooting tips.

--
    Riley
    I'm getting jerky video when I try to play mpeg's that I've encoded to SVCD using TyStudio. When I encode them to DVD using TyStudio, they play back fine. Am using ATI's rebranded version of PowerDVD to play the mpeg's.

Am kind of new to video processing, but spent about an hour this morning looking at these two sites and didn't see anything great on checking my Windows codecs. Is it possible to get a more direct link so I can check this out on my machine?

TyStudio RC3

I have heard talk about the RC3 version, Where can it be found?

Also, the different versions of ty, there is ty and tyx from MFS_FTP 1.2.5.1 can tyeditor handle both of those?

Thanks.

Originally posted by rc3105
    here's beta 2 rc3
    I think this is beta 3 rc3.

beta3 rc3

When i installed that version: it still says Beta 2.

Please help:

Also: i'm having the problem with the little jitter box jumping around my video: i read above where it's fromt he Elecard Codec: but now Elecard WONT uninstall from my system:

Does anyone know how to rip elecard from my system and put in one that wont do this?

Thanks

Re: beta3 rc3

Originally posted by mavrcksd
    Does anyone know how to rip elecard from my system and put in one that wont do this?

Thanks
    Not sure how to rip Elecard from your system, but it you figure it out I found an MPEG2 codec here that seems to work with tyStudio output. It is similar to elecard except no little logo box on the screen. It is under the link for FreeDVD Codec Installer

Re: beta3 rc3

Originally posted by mavrcksd
    My TyStudio say "TyEditor is a part of TyStudio 0.5.0 Beta 3 (RC)"