Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: dtivo locals - The one, the ONLY

dtivo locals - The one, the ONLY

As per the suggestions, I made this thread sticky. If you are having locals problems, discuss them here.

Edit by alldeadhomiez, 7/16/2004:

Since a lot of people are still running mvchannels and trashing their channel lineups, I am warning you not to experiment with mvchannels. It no longer works with any current software release. If you have run it and now have the "channel not available" problem on channels that should obviously exist (like channel 100), clear and delete your program data to fix it. Note that this will also erase your season passes and todo list.

Obviously this means that multiple locals markets and locals in the 800s/900s are no longer available.

midupdate/midupdate2 is still safe to use.
    Last edited by alldeadhomiez; 07-16-2004 at 09:54 AM.

The same thing just happened to me except that my Baltimore locals just disappeared from the channel guide. I get the same Channel not available logo when I try tuning to any of them. They come in fine on my other DTV receivers so it seems to be happening only to my DTivos.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

The locals are now gone from the guide.......
    Does this mean we are going to have to take the 3.1 upgrade and whatever else is required to make it work?

Same here. Running 2.5 + xtreme.
    Has anybody lost the locals with 2.5.2?

Do we have to go to 3.x or just 2.5.2?

Ironically, I am able to get out of market locals using a test card but my subbed locals are unavailable with both the test card and my legit sub. I wonder if I change my locals byte and the zip code in the dish setup if I'd be able to get them. Don't want to talk too much about it because it gets into an area of discussion we don't allow.

I echo the cry - do we need to go to 3.1 to get our locals back? Up til now I've never had a problem with getting locals on my DTivo.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Folks, a little birdie told me that last night's service download (via the stream and not phone line) was what did it. Apparently, DTV wiped out all locals except one's own subbed spot beam locals.

I personally know of three people who, after they lost the 119 locals two months ago, had at least been getting their own locals plus others within their own spot beam or a nearby beam. Now, they're unable to get any of them.

Examples:

1.) Friend got Dallas, Houston, Austin, and San Antonio until today. Now, he gets ONLY his Dallas locals.

2.) Different friend who got the same as above, but now gets only San Antonio today.

3.) Different friend who got Chicago, Milwaukee, Indianapolis, and St. Louis until today. Now he gets ONLY his Chicago locals.

Each of the above friends used to get the 10 cities off the 119 bird, along with Richmond's on 873-879, but those went bye-bye in February, as we've all discussed. Today, however, all the other locals went bye-bye.

Each of the above had been running 2.5.1, so, as captain had asked, is anyone running 2.5.2 AND receiving multiple locals, including the 119 locals?

captain_video - good question ... only thing I can add is they still work here with 3.1

Anyone out there with a 2.5.2 update?

Me2

Well...I have multiple Dtivos all running 2.5 and one of those with the 2.5 update and Turbonet. All receivers show no local guide data as of today. I called DTV as I assumed this was a problem unique to my account. (I am a Platnium sub with Lifetime subs an all my Dtivos and all were previously swapped out to P4s)

The first rep indicated this outage would be fixed with a upgrade that would be received via the stream sometime this month. "Sometime this month", WTF? After asking to speak to a supervisor I was mysteriously cut off. After calling back and getting thru to a supervisor his fix was to send me new P4s for all receivers. He pleaded ignorance of any "upgrades" via the stream to take care of the problem. Ater finding this thread it's pretty obvious those new access cards are not going to fix the problem.

Two others in my area running 2.5 also have no locals.

Assumptions....

- All running 2.5 have lost locals
    - Those running 3.1 (ie. Austin_TX) are aok
    - DTV hasn't briefed their reps on what they are actually
    doing. Why go to the expense of sending me new P4s? It seems
    the proper instruction would be for me to plug in my phoneline to receive the Tivo 3.1 s/w upgrade to fix the problem.

Hoping someone will please prove those assumptions wrong.
    Grrrrrrrr.....I'm pissed!
    There can be only one...

Hey guys,

I have gotten phone calls or instant messages from three friends running the original 25xtreme on a DSR6000 that report they've lost locals and possibly more channels today. All are using P3 cards.

I am running one DSR6000 with 25xtreme and the xplusz upgraded to 2.5.2 and one DSR6000 with 25xtreme and xplusz upgraded to 3.1 (both with P3 cards)

Both of my units <knock on wood> still have their locals and everything else appears to be fine <knock again>

I'll keep an eye out and if I see anything fishy I'll let everyone know.
    Last edited by JosephBlowinsky; 04-08-2003 at 11:58 PM.

Hi,

I have a 25Xtreme + Kraven +xPlusz'd T-60.

Locals are showing up in the guide fine - (okay execpt for some that are TBA, but that's another thread...)

Re: Me2

Originally posted by TIVOROCKS

Assumptions....

- All running 2.5 have lost locals

I don't think this is an accurate assumption. Furthermore, you don't indicate which version of 2.5 to which you are referring? Is it 2.5.1? 2.5.2?

What captain and I, as well as others, are quite curious about is if those who are running or who have upgraded to 2.5.2 had their multiple locals disappear today? It seems 2.5.1 users did. We're curious about 2.5.2

Lastly, why would someone call DTV and complain about this? This is especially vexing if one is using HU cards (not applicable in your situation, as you had said). Don't people know that if you're using an HU and you call DTV about something like this, your HU will be swapped to a P4?

25extreme'd TiVo with Kraven's 2.5 extreme upgrade added on and both TiVo's in my house have lost locals...

For what it's worth, these are Pittsburgh locals.

2.5.1 to 3.1 didn't help my locals

I was running Extreme 2.5.1 with a subbed P4 and lost all my locals yesterday. After rerunning mvchannels they appeared in the guide but all I got was Channel Not Available.

After reading this thread I tried upgrading using Tivolator 3.1 upgrade and I applied BlisterPopper.
    THANKS FOR THE WONDERFUL INSTRUCTIONS AND PACKAGING BY THE WAY

The upgrade seemed to work perfectly but still no locals .
    Channels appear in guide but still Not Available.

I am however able to get the East and West feeds in the 300's using my test HU.

I was thinking about installing my virgin drive that came with the unit and try to upgrade it to 3.1 via the phone line.
    I would like to keep the virgin drive current but I don't want the normal upgrade process to screw up my extremed drive.

Do you guys think it would be ok to upgrade via the phone line (and virgin drive) and still be able to use my hacked 3.1 drive?

Thanks much in advance!
    Token

I don't see how upgrading your original drive to 3.1 would help you with your hacked drive since you could only have one installed at a time.

Currently, I am getting none of my legitimately subbed Baltimore locals using my P4 card with 2.5.01 Xtreme & Kraven's upgrade. I cannot get them using an Hu card either. I can, however, get the Washington D.C. locals using my Hu which apparantly is in contradiction with SithLord posted.

Did anyone running any newer version of Tivo software (i.e. 2.5.2 or 3.1, Xtremed or Tivolator) lose their locals? I'm getting pissed because I'm paying for mine and DTV cut me off. I'm also paying for DVR service so DTV has no legitimate reason to screw with me.

I'm running 2.5.1 & Nossd. Not having any problems with LA locals. Just an FYI, in case it helps.