Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: dtivo locals - The one, the ONLY

Okay read alot but not everything here, sorry

Ive got 2.5 with kraven

legit sub p4

is there anyway to get locals on 2.5 (i think i read no)

if not, can i update to 2.5.2 and not loose my stuff?

tia

Quote Originally Posted by nakedeye

Ive got 2.5 with kraven

legit sub p4

tia
    2.5 won't work with locals. If you upgrade to 3.1 (not reimage) you won't lose your recordings.

Well, I ended up with a P5 + Factory T-60 with 2.5.

Guide skips from 999-100 tried alternate locals in Dallas,TX on channels
    883-890. No dice.

Looks like I will be putting that 200GB Western Digital to use sooner than expected.

Anyone got a current HOT download site for 2.5.2Xtreme ? The one I tried seems to not work.

--BD

Quote Originally Posted by nakedeye

Ive got 2.5 with kraven

legit sub p4

tia
    you can upgrade to 2.5.2 and not lose your locals. use superzaps xupgrade. I'm running 2.5.2 on my dsr6000 and i get all my subscribed locals.

Recap City

Ok guys, here is a recap for those people that do not feel like reading this whole thread.

Local channels are not available with only 2.5. You MUST upgrade to 2.5.2, minimum, in order to get the locals.

I had 2.5 for about three months and then I upgraded to 2.5.2. At that point I had to do the "clear and delete season passes/ to do list" and guide re-populated itself and voila! Locals are there and everything is fine. No extra scripts were needed.

And by locals, most people are talking about 0-99. yes they can be moved around with a script, but most people want them in their right place.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to post.

Sat T60 upgrade for locals

Semi newbie here looking to get pointed in the right direction
    I have a Sat T60 running 2.5 , since my unit "fakes" the call, I can not get it upgrade the standard way. Where do I go from here ? Do I have to open it up to upgrade ? Do I need any expertise to do this ? Should I Ebay it and just buy a new unit from DTV ? They have an 80 hour unit for around 250

Any and all help is greatly appreciated

Super Newbie here. Probably beating a dead horse, but finally got my locals.
    Downloaded "midupdate2.zip" which created 2 files called midupdate2.tcl and locals.dat which I copied to the /var/hack folder on the TIVO. Changed to RWX and all that good stuff using CHMOD. Then ran the command "tivosh ./midupdate2.tcl" at the #/var/hack prompt. Give you 4 choices (help, quit, update and I think list). Anyway, entered H first for help. Then LISTED the available locals, found the number for my spotbeam, then did UPDATE. Reset TIVO as instructed and NOW HAVE MY LOCALS. Been working on this for 1 week. READ READ READ but most of all don't be afraid to TRY TRY TRY!

Bigums, first of all, you are going to have to do a little more reading. You are going to have to upgrade your unit to 2.5.2 in order to get locals. Try using the search function in the forum and you should be good...

After that if you still have questions, you can pm me.

Sonyuser, most people should not have to run midupdate in order to get the locals. Using the "clear and delete season passes" function should do the trick.

For instance, I upgraded a SATT60 last night to 2.5.2 at 8:00pm. I did the "clear and delete" function at about the same time and I did not get my locals till about 11:00 this morning.

Again, after upgrading to 2.5.2 try the "clear and delete" function and wait 24 hours. Locals should populate.

I have tried everything listed and still cant get locals to stay. I ran #61, midupdate and #60 which does bring in the guie and locals. They last a few hours then drop from the guide. I even did a clear and reset but same thing. I am running 2.5.2 with legit sub. I even called DTV and after level 3 support the locals came on again but ony for a few hours. Any other ideas.

Woohoo... New Locals

Dave scheduled to offer many new locals accross the US by the end of May 2004.

Following this discussion, "The new market additions are: Boise, Idaho; Burlington, Vt.; Cedar Rapids, Iowa; Champaign-Springfield, Ill.; Chattanooga, Tenn.; Columbia, Mo.; Davenport, Ill.; Evansville, Ind.; Fort Smith, Ark.; Fort Wayne, Ind.; Johnson City, Tenn.; Johnstown-Altoona, Pa., Lincoln, Neb.; Sioux Falls, S.D.; Springfield, Mass.; Springfield, Mo.; Traverse City, Mich.; and Waco, Texas."

Here is the schedule and some interesting pictures here and on the bottom of the main project page. This is interesting stuff folks.
    Last edited by snoopy; 04-18-2004 at 05:28 PM.

35 xPlusz and P5 card - locals problem?

I've got a problem I've never seen before and searching these forums has produced nothing I could use so far. I have a SAT-T60 running 2.5.2 Xtreme, legit sub, P5 card, and no other mods. I have NOPHONE, READONLY, NOSDD, NOPPV, and ADDLOCS enabled. When I add locals (SF Bay Area) with #60,17 I no longer get the DTV preview channels like 99, 100, 500, etc. The locals come in fine. The missing channels are absent from the Guide, and when I manually change the channel to one of them, I get the message "Channel not available".

Has anyone seen this before? Is this a P5 card problem, or did DTV change something again like they did a year ago? I don't really care about the preview channels, but I am worried that something else could be wrong with other possible ramifications that aren't apparent yet.

-Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by jerrymc
    When I add locals (SF Bay Area) with #60,17 I no longer get the DTV preview channels like 99, 100, 500, etc. The locals come in fine. The missing channels are absent from the Guide, and when I manually change the channel to one of them, I get the message "Channel not available". Has anyone seen this before? Is this a P5 card problem, or did DTV change something again like they did a year ago? I don't really care about the preview channels, but I am worried that something else could be wrong with other possible ramifications that aren't apparent yet. -Jerry
    Yes, I have seen this also. I live in Waco and have given Dave separate billing/physical addresses so that I can pull locals out of Dallas for the time being. I don't get the preview channels either. One of them mentions very specifically, when the particular local markets will be added and I would really like to see that one. I am not sure what causes this either. I too, have a T60 and and a P5 card. The only difference is that mine has 3.1 software and some additional hacks. I noticed also, that when I had my P5 activated, it became clear they would not activate it if I had not told them that channel 100 came in. I have posted the problem but nobody seems to know why the preview channels are no longer available.
    Last edited by snoopy; 05-21-2004 at 09:18 AM.

Different market locals?

Hey Guys, I recently moved across the country. I had two receivers in my home. When I moved I left one for my family. Now that i'm across the country I'm still getting local guide data for chicago, but obviously no channels cause of the spot beam. Is there any way for me to get locals for my new home area? I have a DSR600 2.5.2 legit sub

Now that P4's and above are the only cards that work, does it make sense to go to 3.1, instead of stopping at 2.5.2. I am about to upgrade due to missing locals. Thanks for any suggestions.

Drew

380's?

I have a legit sub on a Sat-T60 DTivo. Of course my package comes with locals, but I only seem to get 0-100 locals, and I want the 380s since they're different.

Is there anything that can be done using tivo scripts to get those suckers? Or does this only require a card modification? I'm using 2.5.2 with xplusz.