Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: dtivo locals - The one, the ONLY

Well crap.

I have a DSR6000 with 2.5.2 and a DSR6000 with 3.1 that are both working fine, but I have friends with original 2.5xtreme wanting me to fix their machines without losing their recordings.

Has anyone successfully upgraded a 2.5xtreme that lost its locals to 2.5.2 or 3.1 andstarted receiving their locals (even if it took a few hours)?

I'd hate to have to make these guys lose their recordings...

Originally posted by groundhog
    I'm running 2.5.1 & Nossd. Not having any problems with LA locals. Just an FYI, in case it helps.

I don't really know, but aren't LA locals where we get the west coast national feed? Maybe they work a little different and would be immune to the outage here.

Lightbulb Thinking about calling DTV?

captain,

What I forgot to mention was that I was going to call DTV and bitch once I restored my virgin drive.
    That is, if it's safe to take the upgrade via phone.

Thanks again,
    Token

I don't think we being specific enough about this. We need to know what combinations of Tivo software and access card/sub do or do not work. Please everybody post your exact configurations.

2.5Xtreme + Kraven
    Subbed P4
    = No Locals

2.5.1 Extreme--Never used any type of test card or any locals script. All my NY locals are fine (even the local PBS and infomerical channels)

It sounds like the problem may be related to "special" cards and/or locals scripts.

Just for clarification, NY and LA feeds are a given. They are received by all DirectTV receivers. They really don't count in this discussion.

Just for clarification, NY and LA feeds are a given. They are received by all DirectTV receivers. They really don't count in this discussion.
    O.k.. well how about this. I get UPN & WB. These are not national feeds. Plus I've lost my locals before. Just because they are national feeds, don't mean that they show up(and work) in the ch2-99 range.

Anyway. I'm Getting locals on an HU. I'll try my subd P4 tonight.
    2.5Xtreme + Kraven + xplusz

I suggest you read before you post. I specifically mentioned the 3 PBS stations and the UHF infomercial channels which I doubt are received by all DirectTV receivers.

Originally posted by newlooper

Hmmm I get them and I am not in LA or NY. No need to be nasty.

Just saying I have always had the NY and LA feeds. and so does evryone I know.

OK?

Any show channels script will get those for you because they are LA and NY.

Maybe you should take a page from your own book

Sorry I took your post the wrong way, that said I am getting at least 3 PBS stations (in the 2-99 range). I thought only the normal network stations from NY and LA were available to all.

Both NY and LA have national feeds in the 300's and locals in the 0-99s. I believe the 0-99s are the ones being referred to for locals in the respective markets. As previously stated, everyone gets the listings for the national feeds in the 300's but only those with special waivers or test cards can actually tune to them.

I had my legit P4 cards in both DSR6000s at the time they received the update so I'm inclined to bitch to DTV for depriving me of a service I'm paying for.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

captain

I think you and I are in the same boat. Probably live real close to each other and did not even realize it. I too have lost my BA channels with a sub.

It really blows!

Seeing how there are still a lot of Joe Schmoe Average DirecTiVo users without their P4s and 3.1 upgrades, I'm guessing this is strictly an ECM on 25xtreme. Remember, WE figured out how to modify locals. DirecTv could easily manipulate them as well.

It certainly does. Now the real question is what do we have to do to get locals back? Is this something we have to do with our DTivos or is it something DTV has to correct at their end? I think I read somewhere that someone complained to DTV and they are sending them replacement P4 cards but I'm not sure that's the answer. It appears that the DTV CSRs are their usual clueless selves when it comes to any updates so I'm not counting on much help from them.

BTW, I tried running midupdate.tcl and it did absolutely nothing. Even running mvchannels.tcl only gave me the listings temporarily but then they disappeared from the guide within minutes.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

If I may, I upgraded mine manually (not extreme) and I am experiencing these problems. Sooo..... I might think it would be a process running that should not be. I renamed my scripts from the standard names so it can't be by name.

Just a thought.