Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: dtivo locals - The one, the ONLY

Tivo, Messages & Setup, System Reset, Clear Program Data & To Do List.

Success upgrading my second unit - it has always been on 2.5 and I upped it to 2.5.2 and deleted the thumbs ratings and todo database (took more like 3 hours) ran a few XplusZ commands to get addlocs on (#20,1) and then added (#60,XX) and then removed (#61). I rebooted and then ran the midupdate.tcl for my correct market. Added the correct locals (#60,XX) and whalla it works.

A few install tips (not a full step by step)

1. Enter "stty 115200" at your bash prompt, then your bash prompt will go away, you will then need to go to your teraterm setup and change the serial port setup to 115200 (instead of 9600), you can now transfer files at about 12 times the original speed. This change becomes permanent after the 2.5.2 upgrade. You must make the options change in TeraTerm each time you load it and make sure your hardware is set to 115200 as well.

2. Enter "rz -y" to begin to accept a file transfer (the -y is not necessary but allows the replace of the file if it already exists) I am not even sure if this command is necessary, you may be able to just begin transferring the file.

3. Enter "chmod +x (filename)" to any program that you upload to a linux system to make it an executable file.

4. Enter ren to rename a file - "ren (oldfile) (newfile)"

5. Enter "cd (enter)" to get to the root directory on the active partition.

PS. I will try the newly posted method for getting multilocs - still no success for me experimenting with market id's.
    Last edited by Poosyfoot; 05-17-2003 at 03:43 AM.

Originally posted by Wes
    Tivo, Messages & Setup, System Reset, Clear Program Data & To Do List.
    I guess I'll chime in with my 2 cents...was running 2.5, 3 days ago my LA locals dropped off and were nowhere to be found. Updated to 2.5.2, didn't actually have to run the midupdate.tcl (guess because i'm only trying to get locals i'm supposed to get already). Did the Clear Program Data as described above, then ran selectlocals.tcl, now my locals are back. I guess the next question is for how long

Thanks for the tips guys, keep up the good work.

Originally posted by hand
    These larger cities are also seem to be the only locals you can get on 2.5.1. You seem to need 2.5.2 or higher AND set the MarketId to get the others. This is an assumption I made from other responses. I have not tested it myself. Please correct me if I am wrong on this.
    Since 5th gen (and later) IRD's have been limited to a single market of locals for some time, it was always apparent that the DTiVo was the exception to the rule. Now, that has changed. I can verify that pre-plus IRD's, in particular a DRD303RA that I am testing right now, still gets Multiple markets of locals in the 870-999 range, as they always have. So, whatever has changed must be in the stream specifically for the DTiVo, a change from SDD to the way the DTiVo handles local markets and their ID checking, or a combination of both.

My question: Can anyone verify that there has or has not been a change in the stream itself that caused this? Or, can anyone confirm or disaffirm a change in the DTiVo OS that is to blame?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Don't forget, make sure you use the selectlocals.tcl for 2.5.2 If you use the earlier version for 2.5, the no-no gremlin craps in your system(in mine anyway)!
    I have always been, and always shall be, your friend.

Upgraded to 2.5.2 last night, guide came back but channels said not available, cleared guide data/todo list and eveything came back. Just hate hoving to redo the season's pass stuff.

Yea, the cleared guide data/todo list did the trick. I didn't even have to run selectlocals or mvchannel or anything.

Has anyone tried (since I don't see it in the thread) to just clear guide/todo while still with 2.5 or 2.5.1 and not do the upgrade to 2.5.2?

Currently I have the channels back in the lineup but with the "Not available" when you tune to them. I'd just rather not upgrade software unless absolutely necessary.

Obviously I can just try wiping the data and see if it works, but I was wondering if anyone had attempted that and knows it won't work.

spacecowboy: I tried clearing guide data with 2.5.1 xtreme and it did not work for me. That doesn't mean it won't work for someone else. Since you will have to clear guide data anyway with the 2.5.2 or 3.1 update route it's worth a try.

Thumbs up Got my locals back

My story is similar to others. Had a DSR6K with xtreme25 for nearly a year without any problems. Then one day locals are gone. I downloaded Zap's upgrade and read the posts. Most indicated success. A couple of posts mentioned that they lost their recordings. My wife mumbled something about removing various parts of my man-hood if she lost any episodes of 24 .
    I thought some folks may have had problems with the upgrade due to space restrictions so before I did the upgrade I replaced my B drive with an 80GB. The Hinsdale guide was incredibly helpful. I then extracted the xupgrd25.tcl and xupgrd25.tar with winimage and downloaded it to /var/hack. Did the chmod to 777 on the .tcl file and ran it. It took a while to do the upgrade and I got a lot of "WaitUntilOK..." messages. Thought it had gone into an infinite loop. After a while the upgrade continued. After the reboot I got the guide for locals but got the "channel unavailable message" when I selected it. I then deleted the preferences (thumbs up/thumbs down) which took about an hour. Next I deleted the program data and todo info which took about 3 hours. Got the locals back and kept all my recordings

Now that I've done the upgrade I've got a bunch of new toys to learn about and play with (xplusz, noppv, nophone, etc.)

-R

Re: Got my locals back

Originally posted by razor
    incredibly helpful. I then extracted the xupgrd25.tcl and xupgrd25.tar with winimage and downloaded it to /var/hack.
    -R
    Okay, I realize that this may just seem like ultimate laziness .. but incase I do go the upgrade route (which sounds extremel likely) .. I was wondering if anyone had those 2 files available for download by themselves rather than in the disk image. It would be a lot easier as I don't want to install a program onto the laptop I'd be using .. anyone? Even for just a little bit?

Re: Re: Got my locals back

I don't mind sending it to you but the tar file is about 15MB. Too large to email. If someone has some FTP space that might work. Extracting via winimage is real easy if you want to go that route.

Originally posted by spacecowboy
    Okay, I realize that this may just seem like ultimate laziness .. but incase I do go the upgrade route (which sounds extremel likely) .. I was wondering if anyone had those 2 files available for download by themselves rather than in the disk image. It would be a lot easier as I don't want to install a program onto the laptop I'd be using .. anyone? Even for just a little bit?

One unit Keeps Locals the other unit keeps losing them.

I have 2 DSR6000 unit that I upgraded this weekend to 2.5.2. It seemed the thing to do after loosing my locals. One unit has kept the locals, only LA. The other unit keeps changing the market ID from 113 to some other random place. Setting the midupdate.tcl 113 and rebooting always seems to fix the problem. This however blows my recording schedule when the stations go away both in viewing and in the guide. Anyone know how to keep the market ID from changing. Is it possible to redirect mfslib.tcl so it can't be changed-?? Is there any way to redirect the 380 east coast stations to the lower channels?

Thanks

3rd receiver successfully upgraded to 2.5.2 and it works now with the proper locals. This one was a little different - when I tried to dump the locals - which is a command that I needed to use - I got an error. Said something like cannot dump channels - channels0.tcl not found or something like that. I did some of the XplusZ commands like #62,0 #63,0 and #64,0 I think, and then command #61 worked.

Locals back

Had the same problem of lost locals.

Hughes with 25Xtreme. It's worked flawlessly for 15 months so I never applied Kraven's or Superzap's update.

Cleared Program data but didn't work.

Had to update to 2.5.2 and THEN clear program data. Locals popped in shortly after that.

I just have to say thank you to all you guys. This board rules.