Success upgrading my second unit - it has always been on 2.5 and I upped it to 2.5.2 and deleted the thumbs ratings and todo database (took more like 3 hours) ran a few XplusZ commands to get addlocs on (#20,1) and then added (#60,XX) and then removed (#61). I rebooted and then ran the midupdate.tcl for my correct market. Added the correct locals (#60,XX) and whalla it works.
A few install tips (not a full step by step)
1. Enter "stty 115200" at your bash prompt, then your bash prompt will go away, you will then need to go to your teraterm setup and change the serial port setup to 115200 (instead of 9600), you can now transfer files at about 12 times the original speed. This change becomes permanent after the 2.5.2 upgrade. You must make the options change in TeraTerm each time you load it and make sure your hardware is set to 115200 as well.
2. Enter "rz -y" to begin to accept a file transfer (the -y is not necessary but allows the replace of the file if it already exists) I am not even sure if this command is necessary, you may be able to just begin transferring the file.
3. Enter "chmod +x (filename)" to any program that you upload to a linux system to make it an executable file.
4. Enter ren to rename a file - "ren (oldfile) (newfile)"
5. Enter "cd (enter)" to get to the root directory on the active partition.
PS. I will try the newly posted method for getting multilocs - still no success for me experimenting with market id's.