Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: dtivo locals - The one, the ONLY

i know this is stupid but is there "any" way to trick the tivo into allowing us more then one market id? or in the card for that matter? (just a yes or no for the card issue only please). i was just getting use to my AT,LV setup

thanks,
    Q-3

Wash DC locals

I'm on 25xtreme and I lost my locals yesterday -- Washingto DC.
    Anyone else in this area with similar experience or am I the last to upgrade to 2.5.2 ?

Lost my locals yesterday. Two machines, a Hughes and a T-60. Both were running 2.5xtreme with no other mods. P4 Cards in both, subbed locals for DC. Was running SubTest. Everything legit otherwise. No hardware modifications to the prom, etc.

I decided to bite the bullet, called Directv and had them activate my Tivo account.

Renamed SubTest.

Plugged the phone line in, configured, selected a local number, and did a daily call. After almost an hour, it came back as successful, with a message that I needed to call Directv to activate my Tivo account. Status changed from 5, to "Never Activated".

I called Directv to confirm activation. It had been.

Rebooted, and the update did not take. System Status still shows 2.5.

Did the daily call two more times, and each time it takes about an hour (26.4 is the best I can do on my phone lines) and each time after reboot, it still shows 2.5.

I'm sure the 3.1 download is coming accross, but for some reason it is not installing. Any suggestions on how to get 3.1 to install?

Thumbs up Thanks hand!

First of all, thanks hand! You gave some great information on how to get my locals back. I followed your directions and right now it looks promising (I have locals with guide data, hopefully they'll last for more than a few hours). I had no idea about DTV and LILS being in main.dat causing problems. I think that's what fixed my problem.

Secondly, 3.1 isn't the all in one cure I hear some people calling it. I upgraded to 3.1 a few months ago and had locals up until a week ago when they just vanished out of no where. I did no changes to the system at all (not even to the card) when I lost locals. It's interesting that I also lost the ADs at the main screen (DIRECTV Central) when I lost locals. But I'm not going to complain about losing the ADs

John,

You'll probably have to install a non-Xtremed DTivo image back on your drive to get it to take an update. You can also upgrade your Xtremed DTivos to 2.5.2 using Superzap's upgrade and still keep your phone line disconnected. You'll probably have to do a Clear Program Data & To Do list to get your locals. I currently have two DTivos with Xtreme & 2.5.2 and neither one has ever been connected to a phone line. Both units have legit subs to DTV with DVR service. Both have locals back and show lifetime status.

poppagene,

Go ahead and do the upgrade to 2.5.2. It's relatively painless. You will have to do a Clear Program Data & To Do List but you should get your DC locals back (I'm in Baltimore). You won't lose any settings, preferences or existing recordings but you will have to set up your season passes from scratch after the guide gets populated again. Make sure you write down all of your season pass info before clearing the data to make sure you get them all set back up. I just went through Tivoweb and printed out the Season pass screen.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

I upgraded to 2.5.2 set up nophone cleared program data and my locals are back. Yeah.

I just received a replacement dsr6000 from philips (orig had a dead main board)
    I proceeded with 25xtreme, put the drive in tivo and let it run for an hour.
    Put the drive back in the pc and did upgrd252.
    back in the tivo and let it do its thing. did a clear program data and to do list.
    rebooted but no locals. did a midupdate.tcl 100 then clear prog data again and rebooted.
    Still no locals..........................?????????????????/
    can anyone give me an idea what to try next please ???

Just a curious note: channel 100 isnt there either ??

Also how do you tell a series 1 from a series 2 ???
    Last edited by squrl; 05-08-2003 at 02:54 PM.

dsr6000 should be series 1. The only additional step I did was to activate the nophone option before the clear. It took awhile, but eventually the locals showed up in the 1-99 channels.
    Last edited by poppagene; 05-08-2003 at 05:27 PM.

So much information not some not agreeing with others so let me ask this question. Is there a way I can upgrade my dsr6000 from 2.5 to 2.5.2 without loosing all my recordings?

2nd question is there a way to run the midupdate.tcl on a DSR6000 that is using 2.5?

Originally posted by Mikell808
    So much information not some not agreeing with others so let me ask this question. Is there a way I can upgrade my dsr6000 from 2.5 to 2.5.2 without loosing all my recordings?

2nd question is there a way to run the midupdate.tcl on a DSR6000 that is using 2.5?
    Yes. SuperZap's 2.5.2 Upgrade does just that.

Yes. Midupdate.tcl runs fine on 2.5

Originally posted by Will
    Yes. SuperZap's 2.5.2 Upgrade does just that.

Yes. Midupdate.tcl runs fine on 2.5
    Been looking for Superzaps 2.5.2 upgrade, both sites I have links to didn't identify it as an upgrade......is that the only version he has or is there a full version as well?

Nevermind........found the file.......will give this a try once I get thru all the readmes and post my results.
    Last edited by Mikell808; 05-08-2003 at 07:53 PM.

Unhappy still no locals

Well, once again locals were only temporary and last just a few hours. I have now tried pretty much everything that has been posted to help on this issue and have decided to pretty much give it up, for now. It's just too much a of pain and everything else is working fine. Maybe after I clear a good 30 hours or so off of the dtivo I might downgrade to v2.52.

I've tried captain_video's suggestion, hand's and anything else that has been posted and I still can't keep them for more then a few hours. If there's something more to try (with version 3.1) please let me know.

--
    Sony T60 v3.10 upgraded to 157 hours with TurboNet.

Re: still no locals

Originally posted by TheDude83
    Well, once again locals were only temporary and last just a few hours. I have now tried pretty much everything that has been posted to help on this issue and have decided to pretty much give it up, for now. It's just too much a of pain and everything else is working fine. Maybe after I clear a good 30 hours or so off of the dtivo I might downgrade to v2.52.

I've tried captain_video's suggestion, hand's and anything else that has been posted and I still can't keep them for more then a few hours. If there's something more to try (with version 3.1) please let me know.

--
    Sony T60 v3.10 upgraded to 157 hours with TurboNet.
    How long did you have 3.1 up before locals went away? I have had mine going about a week now. I would be happy to put an image up for you.

I had locals for a few months before they disappeared out of no where. Thanks for offering the image but I'll probably go back to v2.52 if I do a major change like that.

I'm just wondering if there's something else I still need to try with my current setup to get locals working again.

captain_video and all, thanks for the tips.

I had xtreme25 on a Hughes and a T60 with P4's and subbed locals. Both lost locals the other night.

I xtreme upgraded to 3.1 on both machines, called DirecTV and had them start a DVR account, booted, cleared season passes etc, and I have my locals back. And I didn't loose my recordings.

Thank you again!