Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: dtivo locals - The one, the ONLY

Well, I'm in the same boat as you John Silver, except I can't keep my locals up more then a few minutes.

I reboot, and they show up, however in a minute or so, they disappear and I get the Channel Not Available message.

I'm running 3.1 with a P4 card on a T-60, and all I want is my standard locals.

By the way, can I downgrade from 3.1 to 2.5.2? Do I just follow the standard 2.5.2 install process?

Thanks,
    Griffin

OK, has anyone experienced something similar to the following:

P4, DVR Service, Legit Sub, T60, Xtreme2.5

Last night I had been receiving all "normal" locals. This morning I noticed that all "normal" locals were gone, but I am receiving the "national" locals (for the West region).

My Season Passes all adjusted to the new channels, and everything is still good to go, but like I mentioned, the plethora of "normal" local channels are now displaying "Channel not available."

Anyone seen something similar?

Also, apparently upgrading to 2.5.2 will likely do the trick, and I'm not interested in 3.1 on my T60. What exactly is the minimalist upgrade to go from 2.5 to 2.5.2 to get locals back? (i.e., I may not have a requirement for all of the xplusz bells and whistles at this time, so I am curious if there is a smaller patch to go to 2.5.2.)

FWIW, I am in the LA area.
    Last edited by OvitivO; 05-14-2003 at 01:58 PM.

Something else to add:

I have a sub'ed HDVR2 w/ 3.1 and few mods that has been sitting in my closet for a few weeks.

I plugged it in, powered up, and lo' and behold, all "normal" locals are working just fine.

HDVR2, 3.1 (kernel w/ USB support), P4, a few custom mods

Just thought I would add that piece of info...

Strange. I'm running 2.5.01 with mvchannels and everything runs perfectly with locals for almost a year. I use a sub P4 card and the locals (ch. 2 to ch. 99) just went out today. It never happens before.

I then run "mvchannels.tcl -dumpall" to see if anything changed. It told me all of my NY channels are invalid. So I was going to try to redo the mvchannel from scratch so I ran "mvchannels.tcl -reset" and it told me only ch. 2 was bad. I then check my channel list. Everything is back! Strange.

EDIT: All my locals are gone again. I just removed mvchannels from my rc.local so that it won't run any more. "mvchannels.tcl -reset" fixes it again.

EDIT AGAIN: Damn. All locals are gone again...
    Last edited by Wes; 05-14-2003 at 08:25 PM.

Update:

As expected, an xupgrade to 2.5.2 on the T60 fixed all of the issues, but I am still looking for a smaller update/patch that would do the same. In other words, is there a 2.5.2 image that would do the trick or is there a way to take certain files from xupgrade to *only* upgrade the kernel and it's dependencies?

Originally posted by OvitivO
    Update:

As expected, an xupgrade to 2.5.2 on the T60 fixed all of the issues, but I am still looking for a smaller update/patch that would do the same. In other words, is there a 2.5.2 image that would do the trick or is there a way to take certain files from xupgrade to *only* upgrade the kernel and it's dependencies?
    Well as I said before (maybe in this thread) you can extract the .gz files, put them into the packages dir and load them into the database.
    SpongeBob is not a contraceptive - Bart S.
    A tabloid, is that one of those really strong mints? - Homer S.

ARGH!!!

OK, guys, here's my irritating problem: No matter WHAT I do, I cannot download sz's xupgrade for 2.5.2 from the pitou web site. Every time I click on xupgrade, then save to..., I get a response that says "you do not have permission to open this file. Contact the owner of the file or the administrator."

WTF is that??? I've never seen that before!

I tried opening it to my desktop, or a temp folder, then copying it to a CD to use in my tivo laptop, but then I keep getting the access denied/disk may be full nag. Now, I KNOW the disk is fine.

I for the life of me cannot download xupgrade. Someone up there doesn't want me to have this upgrade!

Any suggestions?

I'm running 2.5.1 and had NY locals for some time. Never had problems before. Then today it went out for the first time so I did selectlocals but nothing. The channel says its not availaible and the locals guide is gone. So I then did a midupdate and selectlocals was able to pick up NY again. The locals guide is back but the channel still says not available. Any ideas?

UPDATE: Locals came back after I switched cards.
    Last edited by lc204; 05-14-2003 at 10:59 PM.

Originally posted by lc204
    I'm running 2.5.1 and had NY locals for some time. Never had problems before. Then today it went out for the first time so I did selectlocals but nothing. The channel says its not availaible and the locals guide is gone. So I then did a midupdate and selectlocals was able to pick up NY again. The locals guide is back but the channel still says not available. Any ideas?

UPDATE: Locals came back after I switched cards.
    Something certainly happened today. On my receiver running multiple locals they all disappeared, first time since the original DTV actions in February. I hope I'm wrong but it looks as I piece this together that BN is now gone from the six remaining "marketid-not-required" list of 6. I'll know more tomorrow when I try to rebuild (I'm not going to follow my own advice to simply upgrade to 2.5.2 and clear guides/todo list; I'm hanging on to 2.5, I hope). NY still seems to be alright, also PH and LA.

I don't think DTV did any of this deliberately, but they sure have taken the joy out of the locals.

I have 3 units - 2 Phillips and 1 Hughes - all Xtremed to 2.5. About 3 weeks ago the multiple channels I had loaded with XPlusZ completely disappeared on all 3 machines. I cannot even get the Seattle locals that I sub to now. One machine I have been experimenting on I was able to get the channels listings to stay in my guide and repopulate the guide data as well. When I selected each local channel however the channel not available banner was all that was displayed. I know I get the locals on my standard receiver so I tried every suggestion listed in about 20 different threads on this subject. I upgraded to 2.5.2 and then to 3.1 and still the same result - guide data only and no channel available to watch. I was stuck with that consistently through all 3 OS versions. I am sure that I had completely corrupted most of the source files on the OS so I pulled the drive, re-Xtreme'd and will just use some patience this time and sensiblely go about this. I am back up on the first ver of Xtreme now and will update with my results so we can all laugh and cry with my ups and downs.

Originally posted by Poosyfoot
    all laugh and cry
    I would recommend doing it a little differently. Check out the link in my signature file.

Well, it seems I got my download problem resolved. Now I've run into another roadblock: No bash prompt. I've extracted the files via Winimage, got everything set, but when I try to connect via Teraterm, no bash prompt! I've been fortunate to never have had this dilemma before, but now it's frustrating the hell out of me.

I've changed baud settings to see if that was the cause, but to no avail. Any suggestions?

Originally posted by BubbleLamp
    Well as I said before (maybe in this thread) you can extract the .gz files, put them into the packages dir and load them into the database.
    You are correct. I'll give it a shot this weekend.

Thanks
    Last edited by OvitivO; 05-15-2003 at 02:09 AM.

midnightmaraude Guest

Locals gone

I too have experienced a lost of my market locals. BN. They were working last night around 12:30am and this morning they were gone. I tried doing #60,2 which ran and brought the locals back in the guide with guide data but Tivo was still saying channel not available when I would tune to that station. I then ran reset locals, dumpall and all that junk as well as turning off locals and then back on. I then tried #60,2 again but it said invalid assi=998 or something and wouldn't run period. I'm in the process now of clearing to do list and program data.. but I must say during DTV's hashing routine something definetly occured with our tivo locals.

Originally posted by SithLord

I've changed baud settings to see if that was the cause, but to no avail. Any suggestions?
    I've just upgraded my to 2.5.2 and the bash is indeed turned on by default. I too changed the baud rate and it didn't work, but after I've closed the Hyperterminal and reopen and it works right away.