Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: dtivo locals - The one, the ONLY

tired of problems with locals

it appears i have a solution.
    I have a new Samsung (S4120R) that I will hack completely. I will be writing everything I do up in an Easy Hacking Guide for that unit once I am done similar to what I did with the T60 'unleashed' for those of you that remember. If you can assist me in this process, I am gratefull for your help. Also, my 'chat' address on MSN Messenger is "tivosnoopy at hotmail.com" for anyone wishing to exchange ideas in real-time.

What would that be other than upgrade to 3.1 since 3.1 doesn't work with a few mod that I use.

Originally posted by Wes
    What would that be other than upgrade to 3.1 since 3.1 doesn't work with a few mod that I use.
    It is an upgrade, but one from a virgin unit. Upgrade is done as cleanly as it can be. Has no issues that I know of.
    I have a new Samsung (S4120R) that I will hack completely. I will be writing everything I do up in an Easy Hacking Guide for that unit once I am done similar to what I did with the T60 'unleashed' for those of you that remember. If you can assist me in this process, I am gratefull for your help. Also, my 'chat' address on MSN Messenger is "tivosnoopy at hotmail.com" for anyone wishing to exchange ideas in real-time.

Still same result under 2.5. I can get the local channels in my guide with show titles as well, but when I select that channel I only get a banner up that says "channel not available". The message remains on the screen even when I pull the card out at that point. There is something in the Tivo that is telling it not to display my local channels superceding anything on the card. I am about to upgrade to 2.5.2 now and try that. Can the T60 image be used on a DSR6000 without too much trouble? I would love a working image from someone if there is one available. TIA.

Question 3.1...???!!!

I upgraded my T60 a few weeks ago because I lost my locals. Went from 2.5 to 2.5.2 with xplusz. Everything worked great, even got my caller ID working. I did the "Clear and delete program guide and to do list" and my locals came back the next morning. Still have my locals as of today but I just read another post in this forum where someone just lost their locals after getting them back after the 2.5.2 upgrade. Kraven had responded saying something to the effect the he'd most likely need to upgrade to 3.1 to fix his locals problem.

Originally posted by KRavEN
    Well, I'm pretty sure this has been covered, but I'll cover it again.

Locals are going to start dropping for everyone running anything less the 3.1. There were backend changes pending at DTV and these were the primary fixes in 3.1. Looks like DTV is now implementing these changes since TiVo has been rolling out 3.1 to everyone subscribed and dialing in for months now.
    Just wondering if anyone else is starting to lose their locals after getting them back for awhile after upgrading to 2.5.2.....?

Originally posted by Poosyfoot
    Still same result under 2.5. I can get the local channels in my guide with show titles as well, but when I select that channel I only get a banner up that says "channel not available". The message remains on the screen even when I pull the card out at that point. There is something in the Tivo that is telling it not to display my local channels superceding anything on the card. I am about to upgrade to 2.5.2 now and try that. Can the T60 image be used on a DSR6000 without too much trouble? I would love a working image from someone if there is one available. TIA.
    happy to help

Re: 3.1...???!!!

Originally posted by DSSMigs

Just wondering if anyone else is starting to lose their locals after getting them back for awhile after upgrading to 2.5.2.....?

Yea, I've just upgraded to 2.5.2 and lost local again. Seems like 3.1 is the only way to fix it.

I just lost locals yesterday on a Sub HU with Xtreme 2.5.1. (Sony SAT-T60) My locals are NY locals, but the really wierd thing is that one channel (50 WNJN, one of our PBS stations) still shows up. Very strange indeed. I don't want to go to 3.1, but looks like I might need to. The other wierd part is I'm still able to get most of my locals (the big 4 -- ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX) in the 380's. Just missing my UPN for Enterprise and I'm not happy with this. Want to try to resolve by Sunday when Enterprise is repeated on UPN9.

NY locals gone

Exact same thing. Lost NY locals (I'm in NYC) except for channel 50 on my subscribed P4 system running xtreme 2.5.1.

My other system running xtreme with the 2.5.2 update has still got all the locals. I guess it's finally time to upgrade the other receiver.

-Requiem

Same here. Lost NY locals except for WNJN (50). I have guide data but channel says not available. When I do selectlocals for NY, I see a bunch of "LILS" in the list which I never saw before. Not sure what it stands for. Whats weird is that if I leave it on a NY local channel, I can see tivo guide flickering in and out from time to time. Not sure if its suppose to do that if it can find a channel. I think Dtv hashing did something to tivo but not sure what.

Something else I'm noticing is that on 388 (which is the same a 5 that I'm not getting) I seem to be getting lots of pixelation every 5 to 10 minutes that only lasts for a few seconds. Definately seems to be some type of hashing going on. Seems that a whole bunch of new CMDs got sent down on Wed and this is when I lost locals. The other channels don't seem to be suffering from this pixelation.

One Question: Is anyone running 3.1 still getting multiple local markets??

Hi everyone.
    Here's me now:
    T60 with extreme2.5
    Sub with philadelphia local
    Lost local on May 13

Here is where i WANT to be:
    T60 with any extreme that will work with turbonet for video extraction
    woking philadelphia local
    Important - As little upgrade path as possible.

Any help/guide would be appreciated.

Originally posted by alexbabyboy
    Hi everyone.
    Here's me now:
    T60 with extreme2.5
    Sub with philadelphia local
    Lost local on May 13

Here is where i WANT to be:
    T60 with any extreme that will work with turbonet for video extraction
    woking philadelphia local
    Important - As little upgrade path as possible.

Any help/guide would be appreciated.
    yep, Dave has sprung a good one on us with 2.5.2 locals going away.

No problem with NY locals, I went from 2.5.1 to 2.5.2 a few weeks ago (when other areas lost locals). I'm using a legit P4 card.