Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: dtivo locals - The one, the ONLY

Re: The five card components

Originally posted by snoopy
    'helping him' [as] your goal.
    Check out the screen name. Remember back.

But here he may just be reinforcing this forum's distaste with discussing theft of service and I would applaud that.

In the good old days I felt multiple local markets was a grey area and even now, there are times when you lose your legitimate locals and DTV simply can't help you.

The card should also have the locals tier activated, the blackout information set properly, plus another byte in that same area of the card, and the time zone. But DTV can fix all that (and to some extent the card itself is self-repairing as long as the zip and the reciever's market id are set correctly and consistently).

If your locals are munged beyond DTV's ability (or the ability of these card changes made manually) to jog them back, then midupdate will not be helpful (it is, in any case, only a locals process accelerator, it doesn't really fix anything). If locals are munged to that extent I don't know any solution other than an OS upgrade if you're willing to go to 3.1, followed by clearing the guide and todo list, or else an OS 2.52 reinstall, which will obviously wipe out everything.

I answered that way because it was the only way I could answer without discussing DTV hacking, which is strictly against the rules of this forum.

"remember back"!! You make me sound like an old fart! LMAO!

i am still unsure how to get locals on my tivo without doing major damage to it...

I 25extremed the drive back in january of 2000. ran 900s.tcl to get the locals (at that time). around november of last year, dave sent down the service update which killed the locals for good. I am a legit sub and all i'm looking for are the locals i pay for in my area. I recently upgraded to soperzap's 2.5.2 which went well. I ran nophone, which is working the way it should. i checked my locals, and i get guide data, just says channel not avialable. i then transfered midupdate2.tcl and locals.dat to /var/hack and ran it, setting the MID to the one on my legit p4 card which i pay for. Why am i not getting locals? i read this thread and still cant find a clear answer as to why. This makes me believe that getting locals is a complicated matter involving many variables to be just right. I dont want to re-extreme the drive again and load 2.5.2. How can i do this get these locals i pay for?

Thanks

Since your MID and your card match. And since you pay for the locals, you have to rebuild your database. You have to clear and delete your season passes/wishlists (I think it is the third entry down). It is on the menu that allows you to restart the tivo by pressing 3 down thumbs and the enter button.

It sucks, but it works. I was in the same situation as you and now I have locals.

Lost my locals running 2.5.2

Locals were running just fine for quite some time (since the 2.5.2 upgrade basically) which was a number of months ago already..

Today, turned on the tivo, local guide data is gone, and channel not available is on the screen..

I have a legit subscription for my locals, and i am not trying to get more locals than what I pay for, never have.. ie, i don't run any of those mvchannels scripts or whatever..

Anyone know what I can do to get it back?

Non tivo in other room is receiving locals fine..

Last time this happened, I had to go from the 2.5 to 2.5.2 upgrade and then do clear/delete... What can I do this time? Clear and Delete again perhaps? I'd prefer not to..

EDIT:

NEVER MIND! It wasn't a locals problem... Somehow, I lost all but 5 channels in my guide.. Then in a different thread someone suggested I reboot, and it worked!!
    Last edited by sellenoff; 10-16-2003 at 12:56 PM.

genericuser,

I updated the software, run the hacks I need from superzaps, am I done with having a terminal connected to the tivo? (it has no nic, just serial port connected to an old 486 laptop with terminal software) As long as the MID is set and matches what's on the card, all i need to do is clear and delete everything? this will rebuild my databases and i'll be good to go?

Thanks

Originally posted by emuman100
    old 486 laptop
    um,
    That's a CLASSIC. I think we should have an auction!

emuman100:

yes, if the mid matches and you are on at least 2.5.2 and you are no longer running mvchannels, the clear and delete will fix it all up.

genericuser,

Thanks, I'll let you know how well it works.

This happend to my tivo once and i was confused by it... but oddly i was able to fix it by just pulling the plug on the tivo and then plugging it back it

Not sure if this will help but its worth a shot

I'm in the process of clearing guide and to do list. It has been going for about an hour and a half. It says it will take an hour. Is it stuck? or should I just let it keep going?

Trying to get my locals back. Guide showed up but "channel not available" on the screen. Got this far with no help, but seems I'm stuck now. Or should I say Tivo is stuck.

Originally posted by Laidoffsick
    I'm in the process of clearing guide and to do list. It has been going for about an hour and a half. It says it will take an hour. Is it stuck? or should I just let it keep going?

Trying to get my locals back. Guide showed up but "channel not available" on the screen. Got this far with no help, but seems I'm stuck now. Or should I say Tivo is stuck.
    It is at least a 2 hour process.
    I have a new Samsung (S4120R) that I will hack completely. I will be writing everything I do up in an Easy Hacking Guide for that unit once I am done similar to what I did with the T60 'unleashed' for those of you that remember. If you can assist me in this process, I am gratefull for your help. Also, my 'chat' address on MSN Messenger is "tivosnoopy at hotmail.com" for anyone wishing to exchange ideas in real-time.

Thanks, finally finished. Took about 2 hours.

Completely finished! Got my locals back after upgrading to 2.5.2 and I didn't have to bug you guys at all. Did enough reading to last a few months. I'm going to mess with some more locals in my spot beam later. Used the NOPHONE, ADDLOCS, NOPPV and something else but I forgot already.

Locals and guide data resest

I mis read, I have what I need. Hopefully the channels will be back after the reboot!

Handi
    Last edited by handiq; 11-03-2003 at 08:11 PM.