Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: dtivo locals - The one, the ONLY

For the record, I've been on 2.5.01 forever now, and have NEVER lost my locals. I don't bother with any besides those correct for my zip code, but they have never once gone away. I am skeptical that it's Xtreme related. If that were true, you should be able to take your "card" and put it in a 5th generation IRD and get the locals. If you can't, don't blame the Tivo.
    SpongeBob is not a contraceptive - Bart S.
    A tabloid, is that one of those really strong mints? - Homer S.

Originally posted by BubbleLamp
    I am skeptical that it's Xtreme related. If that were true, you should be able to take your "card" and put it in a 5th generation IRD and get the locals.

I would put my money on the idea that if you took my no-locals tivo card and put it in another receiver it would work just fine. If someone doesn't test it by tonight, I will.

AGREE

I agree with Junkyard.... this appears... as of now... to be effecting everyone, or at least most, people running 2.5 and wishing to have local channels. I have locals on my primary card (non-tivo) but no locals on my mirrored cards (tivo). And that is mirrored... not cloned... as in non-primary directv receiver.

I don't bother with any besides those correct for my zip code, but they have never once gone away.
    This is the reason that you've never lost them(in the past). The only time that I lost them, is when I used a card with locals for a diff. zip. When I put back in my subd card, or one with the correct local info, they were still gone. And Yes, I could use the same HU card(with the correct zip) in another 5th gen, and they would show up. Midupdate.tcl fixed the problem. I'm assuming that for now, I'm lucky because I haven't received a SSD. Once again, I know that I don't have a problem, because I get UPN and WB.

Bubblelamp, can you confirm weather or not you received a SSD within the last 48 hours?

Originally posted by groundhog
    This is the reason that you've never lost them(in the past). The only time that I lost them, is when I used a card with locals for a diff. zip. When I put back in my subd card, or one with the correct local info, they were still gone. And Yes, I could use the same HU card(with the correct zip) in another 5th gen, and they would show up. Midupdate.tcl fixed the problem. I'm assuming that for now, I'm lucky because I haven't received a SSD. Once again, I know that I don't have a problem, because I get UPN and WB.

Bubblelamp, can you confirm weather or not you received a SSD within the last 48 hours?
    Well I can't confirm, since all my logs are null. But I do NOT block SDD's at all. I'm running the latest version of SC (January I think), nothing else. My Status screen shows last successful download as Apr 9th.

Originally posted by BubbleLamp
    For the record, I've been on 2.5.01 forever now, and have NEVER lost my locals. I don't bother with any besides those correct for my zip code...

With all due respect, that's not what we're discussing here (with rare exception). Very few folks seem to have lost their own specific spot beam subbed locals (again, with rare exception, like captain, for instance).

Three pages of gibberish and still no one has answered this question: Has anyone who lost multiple locals upgraded to 2.5.2 THEN lost these locals? In other words, is anyone running 2.5.2 AND getting multiple locals, particularly the 119 locals?

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I know of several people who all lost the 119's in February, then this week lost their multiple spot beam locals, except for their own city's. Each of these whom I know was using 2.5.1 and not 2.5.2 or 3.1.

I'll clarify my statements from earlier in the thread.

I have three friends that I helped set up 25xtreme on their DSR6000 using P3 cards. We have not updated the software on any of these machines (no Kraven, no xplusz, no tivolater).

We did not set up any of these to receive locals other than in their local market.

Last night, each of them lost all of their in-market local channels.

Just out of curiosity, Is it possible that this is related soley to Kraven's Upgrade? Or better stated - those of us who aren't running xplusz.

I say this because I don't recall installing channels.dat or mvchannels.tcl after Kraven's upgrade. (I'm running 2.5.1 xtremed with Kraven's upgrade on subbed p4's - Locals are purchased for the cards)

If you'll recall, when mvchannels135 was installed it went in the var/hack directory. Kraven's upgrade did away with that directory.

It seems to me that people who have installed xplusz and thus running the mvchannels script still get locals and those of us who aren't running xplusz have lost their locals.

--Hobby--
    Last edited by Hobby; 04-09-2003 at 05:35 PM.

Well... I am not trying to get any locals other than the ones that work on every other TV in my house. Not ones from other areas... and not ones that I don't pay for. All I want is the TV that I pay for.

Originally posted by CheeseMan316
    Well... I am not trying to get any locals other than the ones that work on every other TV in my house. Not ones from other areas... and not ones that I don't pay for. All I want is the TV that I pay for.
    Same here

As I said - the locals that I pay for are gone.

I'm not running xplusz - and it seems (from what I'm reading) that those who are using xpluz aren't having this issue.

--Hobby--

Never ran Xplusz, never lost locals.

And SithLord, people ARE saying they lost just their own locals, so the comment wasn't inappropriate.
    Last edited by BubbleLamp; 04-09-2003 at 07:00 PM.

I just tried my Hu card in another receiver that is getting locals with the P4 married to it and none of the locals showed up. I tried tuning to some of them and the UP/DOWN channel button just skipped right past them like they weren't there. I reinserted the P4 card and they all came back.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

MaxHaxHU Guest
    I have 2 Dtivos. One is running 2.5.2 with xplusz.
    The other is at 2.5.1.
    Both and using a P3 clone of my sub P3 (regular ird).
    I pay for locals on the sub. The one at 2.5.2 still has locals. The one at 2.5.1 has no locals. I am going to attempt to upgrade the latter to 2.5.2 tonight and I will post back with my results.

PS......I have never done this before. I bought both of these units fully hacked already.....but its about damn time I learned!

I just called DTV and explained my problem. The CSR resent the authorization signal to the P4 cards with no luck. Then, she had me do a hard reset by unplugging both units for 15 seconds. Same result. She then deactivated both P4 cards and then reactivated them but no dice. DTV is sending me two new P4 cards via FedEx overnight. I should have them by Friday. I'll post an update when I get them activated. For now, I'm watching the national feeds and DC locals with my Hu.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

MaxHaxHU Guest
    This is the method I am going to use to upgrade to V2.5.2:
    C. from bash on the DTiVo:
    1. backup your DTiVo hard drives
    2. use WinImage to extract 2 files,
    v252.tar and upgrd252.tcl in the upgrd252 directory.
    3. transfer files v252.tar and upgrd252.tcl to /var/hack.
    (Note: v252.tar is about 14MB and takes about 30 mins to rz send at 115200)
    4. enter:
    cd /var/hack
    ./upgrd252.tcl
    5. this will run for several minutes and reboot to v2.5.2

Will I need to re-install all the hacks again after I am done? Will I lose all my recordings and setting that I have in the DTivo now?