Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: dtivo locals - The one, the ONLY

so....what about multi markets?

I have access to ME(memphis), and this new RC(whatever that is) in the little rock arkansas area...what do I do to get all of these markets?

If I set a market ID, will I lose the additional NY, and LA's I'm getting?

I just want my cake, and eat it too :-)

I don't like losing a feature on my dtivo, that I had just a week ago.

-deleted duplicate post-
    Last edited by Schnitty; 04-11-2003 at 12:00 PM.
    moderately upgraded DSR6000
    (140hours, turbonet, tivoweb, tcs, and xplusz - Cachecard V2 on order and i'm checking the mailbox every day

"If you know me so well then tell me which hand I use." - Tori Amos

hey all, just wanted to share some more info to see if this helps:

i sat down to watch survivor tonight and suddenly realized that nothing on my locals has been recording since tuesday (i might have gone another 2 weeks without noticing if i hadn't wanted to actually watch a specific show

anyway, i've read thru this whole thread and it seems like everyone is focusing on the 2.5.x to 3.1 issues and the xtreme image, etc.

well, then i went and checked the tivocommunity page to see if anyone there was reporting a similar issue and it doesn't look like they are (which makes sense since they probably aren't running xtreme, kraven's, or xplusz).

but anyway, back to my point -- i'm not running xtreme or kraven's, i have a standard p4 card, i'm all paid up on my subscriptions, and i'm already at 3.1 -- AND I LOST MY LOCALS

i just put in my turbonet card this weekend and all i've installed is tivoweb, tcs, and xplusz. i did mess around with mvchannels briefly, but when i realized that i wasn't getting those channels, i set everything back to just portland,or and it seemed to be working ok (this would have been sunday or monday night).

so anyway, tonight when i realized this, i rebooted. this did give me all my locals back (after downloaded some info from dtv), but all my "to do" list was messed up. so i pulled up my season passes in tivoweb so i can re-enter them, and now i'm clearing the data and to do list (does it really take an hour?!)

anyway -- sorry for the long post, but thought this might help some of you smarter folks figure out wtf is going on. is there anything special i need to do to make sure that all the channel hacks in xplusz are turned off?
    Last edited by Schnitty; 04-13-2003 at 12:25 AM.
    (140hours, turbonet, tivoweb, tcs, and xplusz - Cachecard V2 on order and i'm checking the mailbox every day

- deleted unrelated post -
    Last edited by Schnitty; 04-13-2003 at 12:26 AM.

Just edit the post and delete the contents.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

CheeseMan316

Ok... here's my input.... I updated from 2.5.1 to 2.5.2 (which lost all my recordings)
    You should not have lost your recordings if you used Superzap's upgrade to 2.5.2. Did you install a new 2.5.2 image instead?
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Just my info.. was at 2.5.1 lost locals tried to do the clear the to do list no help.. upgraded to 2.5.2.. guide for locals came in but could not view.. recleaned the to do list.. locals good to go on reboot. Just a side note if you upgrade thru the bash serial cable you will not lose your already recorded programs but when you clear your to do list/ season pass you will lose that info (I thought it would repollute) The upgrade has a 14 meg file in my case I could only get my bash to work at 9600 so it took about 4-5 hours to upload. After the upgrade my bash works at 115200. Also when you clear your to do list it will take all of the hour as it says. THANKS SUPERZAP FOR YOUR GREAT WORK

oops

I hadn't had a chance to re-post yet. The reason it appeared that I lost all of my recordings was because noscramble was not on by default with Xplusz on the 2.5.2 upgrade. I set that up again and WHABAMM!!!!

The BAD thing is that I had to clear all of my season passes and to do items on my other unit. I REALLY need to look into exporting season passes.

Originally posted by rc3105
    I couldn't get 2.5.01 to update to 2.5.2 & retrieve locals at all. I ended up backing up all my recordings as tmf files (with mfs_ftp) season passes with inubus's utilities, restored a fresh 2.5.2 image , did a clear & delete, restored season passes / recordings and used midupdate.tcl to set the locals market. locals appeared the instant I ran midupdate & guide data filled in a half an hour or so later. they've been fine ever since.

--
    Riley
    Hi rc,

Can you point me in the direction as to where i can find utilities
    to backup season passes and whislists?

Thanks

-Pr.

Originally posted by rc3105
    there's some tivoweb utils for that on avs, inubus has some on his website, I've got some that will be part of mfs_ftp eventually.

search avs, the tivoweb utils are the easiest public tools so far.

--
    Riley
    I searched and searched but couldn't find anyting by inubus or
    what his website is. I did find a tivoweb module made by agw.

I'll give it a try and see...

-Pr.

estes rocket scientist here....

With 2.5.2 and midupdate, I know FINALLY have 2 local markets. Tried all sorts of combos, kept getting locals to show up in the guide, but was hard hit with the dreaded TBA. Anyway, can midupdate be set up to give more than one market at a time? Also is thre a way to edit out certain channels like pbs or spanish in midupdate?
    I have always been, and always shall be, your friend.

OK.

I did a Clear Program Data & ToDo List and it's been 3 Hours.

It's still doing it. WTF?

HDD Stopped making noise for a while but not it's started again.

If i unplug it and re-xtreme it, will that work? I don't want to get
    a GSOD...

-Pr.

I finally got a chance to do the 2.5.2 upgrade on one of my DTivos this afternoon. I backed up my current drives but I had to install both the A and B drive to do this contrary to what SZ's readme says. MFS Tools simply would not run the backup program with only the A drive installed. After successfully creating a backup, I rebooted with the xupgrade.iso boot CD and installed the upgrade. I let the software installation complete after reinstalling the drives in my DTivo and booting up. The screen got stuck on the acquiring satellite signal screen at 100% but pressing the Tivo button allowed me to get out of it. I did a Clear Guide & To Do List which took about an hour. I then went through all of the various settings using xPlusz to get everything activated.

The good news is that I got my locals back using my existing P4 cards without having to use ADDLOCS or mvchannels. The bad news is that noscramble does not seem to be functioning, even though I selected #47,1 (enable noscramble at bootup), #53,0 (select noscramble.o module), and #54,1 (activate selected noscramble module). I've tried all variations of noscramble but all of my existing recordings give me an error message if I try to play them back. I also rebooted several times in between to make sure the modules loaded at bootup, although I haven't confirmed this via telnet yet.

I'll try connecting via serial and se what processes are running in the morning. I still need to go in and set up my static IP all over again. I'm not going to do anything to my other DTivo until I can get noscramble and extraction working again on the first one. I spent most of last night and the better part of today extracting and archiving raw ty files from the DTivo to make sure I didn't lose any of my recordings. I can still process them and burn them to DVD-RW for viewing later if I can't get them to where I can watch them on the DTivo again.

Talking 3.1 bad locals fixed - finally.

I have tried every combination of #61 - #60,5 - midupdate.tcl - etc., both from the remote and the bash prompt with no joy. When the locals were activated, I could watch them, but no guide data would ever get populated.

Finally, in desperation, I did this:
    1. Clear setup with "#61"
    2. reboot
    3. Clear Program Data & ToDo List (1 hour)
    4. cd /var/hack - midupdate.tcl 51
    5. reboot
    6. setup locals with "#60,5"

It started populating data within 10 minutes.

Note that while the guide byte for DFW is 5, the market id is 51. I finally noticed this while reading the midupdate.tcl file.

The downside is that this clears your entire setup and any recorded shows. The upside is that you can finally get your locals back.

BTW, this is a DSR6000 that was running xtreme 2.5.0, updated to 3.1 via tivolater.

Back up & running

Well after re-xtreming and upgrading to 2.5.2, i was able to
    get the Baltimore locals back up. Now i am trying to get LA5, LA9,
    DC4, DC7, DC20, DC50 to fill the rest of my locals. Actually all i
    REALLY need is LA5 (West Coast WB Feed).

I have them and get A/V but no guide data. Is there ANY way i
    can get guide data for these?

If i do a midupdate.tcl 113 for Los Angeles, will i lose the Guide
    Data from Baltimore?

-Pr.