Thread: No locals & some problem w/119 Sat?

No locals & some problem w/119 Sat?

I noticed that other people have lost locals too. But I think mine may be different. I had called 800-Dtivo & they had me go thru setup of sat (Tivo\DirectTV Menu\Messages & Setup\Receiver & Phone Setup\Satellite Dish Setup\Repeat Satellite Dish Guided Setup) I selected Oval, 2 satellite dish. I selected 2 cables (connected to satellite in 1 and 2). Verified local zip.

Sat 101 gave me 65-75% on all transponders, except 12, 18, 26 are at 0%. And 15% on 28.

Sat 119 gave me 75% on all transponders, except 26 is 0%. And 28 is 17%

I get identical transponder results from my 2nd non-tivo directv reciever.

When I got to checking the multiswitch it says multiswitch:none & 101 OK & 119 not detected.

I have extreme 2.5. Using an old direct duo dish w/ 1 dual lmb. I am in ST id area, should be transponder 20 on sat 101.

I've had the locals for a few months & it still works on my non-tivo reciever. The tech support said they could send a tech to find out what the problem is.

A few side notes 379 & 199 has never worked. I thought 199 required a sat C kit or new dish, but the tech claimed I could get it, but not in HD. I just looked at the transponders listed for ch 199 & it is on 119 transponder 25. I did not find it on any other sats.

Got any answers.

Have you tried to Clear Program Data & ToDo List?

Yes & midupdate

You'll probably need to upgrade your DTivo to 2.5.2 or 3.1. Check out this thread:

http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showth...threadid=23360

I upgraded both my DTivos this past weekend. They originally had 2.5Xtreme with Kraven's upgrade and all of my subbed locals dropped off the guide and indicated "Channel not available" if I tried to tune them in. I upgraded to 2.5.2, ran all of the xPlusz commands to activate all of my previous hacks, and then did a Clear Program Data & To Do List. The DTivo rebooted and cleared everything out of the To Do list, Season Passes, and program guide. When it finished, my locals were back. I did run the ADDLOCS command for xPlusz and I never had to run midupdate.tcl at any time to get locals to return.

All of my preferences, settings, and recorded shows were preserved. The program guide takes about 24-48 hours to fully populate to the point where you can set up your season passes again. I found the easiest way to make note of my season passes was to display the season pass list in Tivoweb and print it out. I also printed out my To Do list prior to performing the upgrade to make sure everything was restored to where it was.

I should also mention that all of the files I had previously uploaded to my Tivo for using Tytools, mfsstream, TyStudio, and mfs_ftp all appear to have remained intact. I haven't checked out all of the programs to see if they still work but TyTools seems to be OK so I am assuming that everything else is OK.
    Last edited by captain_video; 04-14-2003 at 08:30 AM.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Additional things I forgot to add is. I did pay for my locals.
    Also, the channels don't show up on the add/remove recieve setup list.