Thread: help with tivovbi?

help with tivovbi?

Hi,

I've been trying to make tivovbi work on my T-60. (2.5.2 Xtreme, Kraven & xPlusz.)

I've downloaded tivovbi 1.03, and tvbi-dtv.o from embeem's site.

I've tried insmod -f tvbi-dtv.o many times and I always get "tvbi-dtv.o: init_module: Device or resource busy"

I've put it in rc.sysinit before the call to rc.arch, thinking that this module might need to load very early. no dice. I've tried it after everything it up. same deal.

it never shows up in /proc/modules, which makes me believe that it just never loads.

So, it's not much surprise to me that ./tivovbi -txcdddd never gives me *any* output at all. (well, except when I cntrl-C out...)

I'm sure some folks must have this working - so I'm hoping someone can give me the tips I need.

thanks!

Have you tried it without insmod on your 2.5.2 box?
    Last edited by OvitivO; 04-15-2003 at 03:20 AM.

I don't have a 3.0+ box. But, looking at a hex dump of the .o module shows: "kernel_version=2.1.24-TiVo-2.5"

proc/version: Linux version 2.1.24-TiVo-2.5 (build@buildmaster17) (gcc version 2.8.1) #6

so that matches...

When I first got the script, I didn't know about the tvbi-dtv.o module, and so was trying it without that.

It behaved the same: no output.

-S