Thread: mfstool x86 binary issues

Question mfstool x86 binary issues

I have a box with a linux 2.4.18 x86 kernel on it, and I wanted to check and see if there were any potential issues with using mfstool (2.0) on tivo drives in linux. (i.e., Will these binaries pose any issues with current libraries or are they ready-to-go?)

Thusfar, I've yet to notice any errors, so I'm just curious if anyone has noticed any issues in the past.

My knowledge of linux in this area is limited so someone please correct if I am wrong. I don't think tivo hard drives are accessable using the most popular linux distributions without a kernel mod. This has been done on the CD distributions like the kazymyr one. Something to do with byte swapping as I recall.

When mfstools 1.0 came out they were released as both static and dynamic versions. I don't know if mfstools 2.0 had a dynamic version as well, but most likely it did. You might want to check on AVS under postings by Tiger.
    SpongeBob is not a contraceptive - Bart S.
    A tabloid, is that one of those really strong mints? - Homer S.

Originally posted by BubbleLamp
    When mfstools 1.0 came out they were released as both static and dynamic versions. I don't know if mfstools 2.0 had a dynamic version as well, but most likely it did. You might want to check on AVS under postings by Tiger.
    mfstool 2.0 static and dynamic downloads

Don't know if your linux can see the tivo drive, so here's the info I referred to http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showth...threadid=12351