Thread: Anyone who received 3.7 from the Sat

Anyone who received 3.7 from the Sat

anyone who has received 3.7 from the sat please pm me and post what build you received.

BlueCop,
    I followed your threads on reverse engineering the 490, but they seem to have died off here and other places... Have you been successful?

Don't worry, I'm not looking for handouts... just curious.

3.7 from the stream...

Hey Blue,

Thought you might want to ask this question over at AVS. It's a WAY WAY bitchier forum (lol) but it seems like quite a few folks over there are getting 3.7 now.

Fraser
    "And so, in my State of the -- my State of the Union -- or state -- my speech to the nation, whatever you want to call it, speech to the nation -- I asked Americans to give 4,000 years --4,000 hours over the next -- the rest of your life -- of service to America." - G.W. Bush. April 9th, 2002

Please also post: if you are using an HU card AND you received 3.7, is the HU still working? I heard unconfirmed reports that it still does, but I'd like to get confirmation.

BlueCop
    any word on a no ZKT mod for the UTV yet?

Hi Connie
    "Don't ask me I dont know anything except what I read"

Howdy Dan0, good to see you out and about!

No Upgrade

Right now as long as you leave HU card in you will not get upgrade, if you put in a P4 card you will get upgrade and will not be able to use HU card again.

"if you put in a P4 card you will get upgrade and will not be able to use HU card again"

dmkcap ... that is the rumor. Do you actually know for sure ... have you tested it??? This is the question we all have.

test

No I have not tested it as I do not have a P4 card and as far as I know it has not been hacked yet.

Re: test

Originally posted by dmkcap
    No I have not tested it as I do not have a P4 card and as far as I know it has not been hacked yet.
    I hope this is true, but on this thread some one claims they did get updated with an HU:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=253784

utv and 3.7

Hey all, i have p4 and my utv took 3.7 and now no hu's work. Ihave tried numerous fixes, acts and 3m's. If anyone knows a way around this update let me know.

I got 3.7 from the stream!

I got 3.7 last week and, hu's won't work (ext. 752) with a subbed p4, what do you mean which "build" did we get??

I'll post if I can find it
    There is such a thing as a stupid question, I ask them from time to time!!!

I can confirm that if u have a P3 working DO Not place a P4 into the stream or it will get the 3.7 update and you WILL NOT be able to use you HU anymore. After that I tried zeroing the drive and downloading from msn to get 3.5 but to my dismay it gave me 3.7.

3.5 image backup

Found this at AVSForum:

==========
    UTV HDD SWAP, Via Computer or How To Save Your rev 3.5 for Future Use
    This is not my work, or my Findings.. i Was helped and Allowed to post this info for all of you that need this help, I can help you with your questions.. since i already did this and it worked great

NOTE.. YOU NEED TO HAVE COMPUTER HARDWARE SKILL'S TO TRY THIS..OR ELSE YOU COULD DAMAGE YOUR COMPUTER OR UTV

YOU NEED A WORKING (NOT EVALUATION) COPY OF WINHEX

While the utv is running, unplug the ide cable, (leave power applied)boot your computer hit pause before it detects ide drives plug ide cable from computer into drive and hit enter the drive should now be detected.
    run winhex, from tools select physical disk(start center on some versions,then select the physical disk that is your utv), from position goto offset 13480600 look at 13480624-7 in the display it should read FSNo
    right click the first byte (13480600)select begining of block now from postition tab goto offset 154805ff right click, select end of block. from edit tab select copy all into new file and name it on your local drive.
    (if FSNo is at 15480624 instead of 13480624 then select 15480600-174805ff and do the same)

Now that you have the file you can disconnect the drive and hook up your new drive. on the new drive select offset 0 as begining of block and 178c2fff as end of block. From edit tab select fill file,select first option and type in 00 for hex value (if the drive is already zeros you can skip this step)
    after it zeros that chunk goto tools then disk tools then clone disk
    on source file select read sectors from image file and select the file you saved from before. select your destination drive and start sector will be 631811 (this is lba 13480600 or sector 09a403 in hex...which is sector 631811 in decimal)(make sure you select copy entire source) and click ok it will write the sectors and you and the drive should be showing the data starting
    at 13480600 now disconnect the drive install it in the utv plugin the power cord utv should now come up to the welcome to utv screen.

note this new hdd will no longer work on the computer unless you do the same procedure and erase all the content (i think i havent tried yet)

Hopes this helps many as it did helped me..
    thanks to the finder of this info
    DONT TRY THIS IF YOU ARE AFRAID OF RUINING YOUR COMPUTER OR UTV
    IT WORKED GREAT FOR ME AND DID IT TWICE

GOOD LUCK
    ==========

HELP -- screwed with 3.7

I attempted a HD upgrade on my UTV Thurday and I got stuck with 3.7. I didn't see the post in AVS about saving 3.5 on my old HD so I let it write over my OLD HD with 3.7.

If anyone is willing to make me a CD backup of their 3.5 drive using WinHex I would greatly appreciate it! I would be willing to pay for your time and supplies. I have a registered copy of WinHex you could use also. Please PM me if you could do this for me. Thanks