Thread: usb question on HDVR2

usb question on HDVR2

is there a supported list of usb adaptors??

I have a Linksys usb100m. is it ok?? thx

if you check the bash_env thread at AVS (TivoCommunity) which i link to in the sticky thread, there is a list of compatible adapters

thx.........do u know what factor determines this........

is it like usb ver. 1 or ver 2??

support is based on drivers. the supported list is those which are compatible with the built in pegasus driver. if you can cross-compile the necessary driver for whatever USB peripherial, then it should be able to work. (note for those whose imaginations are running away: while the peripherial would work with linux apps, it is unlikely that it would work with the tivoapp software. an example would be usb keyboards...while you could connect one, i doubt that the tivo software would do anything with it).

I believe the USB ports are 2.0 using the NEC D720100AGM chip on the HDVR2. However, the only drivers I've found are based on the Pegasus chip. Would it be possible to cross-compile the proper driver that would enable us to use 2.0 specific USB dongles (e.g. Linksys USB200M), enabling much higher network throughput?

the issue isnt with the usb port itself...which works fine. the problem is htat you need drivers for your specific usb ethernet device. compile and insmod those and you should be on your way