Thread: Impatient Series 2 (serial)

Impatient Series 2 (serial)

Ever since my series 2 updated it's software to v. 4.0-01-2-230 my tivo can't consistantly change to 3 digit channels via it's serial connection. It sends the channel change request fine, but tivo doesn't wait for the digital cable box to return a image from the 3 digit channel, than the cable box starts crawling up channels until it gets something--I presume tivo is doing this. Once it finds a signal tivo thinks its on the original channel i sent it, and is thus off by a couple channels.

I have sent a support request into tivo, but i was wondering if anyone else has seen this bahavior or has any ideas???

I cant take any more damn misrecorded informercials....

I haven't owned a standalone Tivo for quite some time but isn't there a way to add a pause between channel numbers for better channel changing compatibility? I don't know if this can be done with the serial connection but I seem to remember you could do it via the IR blaster. I know that some cable boxes don't react quickly enough to IR input commands, making it necessary to add a slight pause between each transmitted channel digit. You might want to check and see if this is feasible using the serial control as well.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!