Thread: Green Power Light Flashing on UTV, no power up.

Green Power Light Flashing on UTV, no power up.

Well, I've got a good one.

One day the UTV just would not power on anymore. The power light would just flash on and off for hours and hours.

Decided to wipe the hard drive and redownload the WebTv software via Modem.

The download completes successfully and then the unit does it's little flashing light thing and keeps on flashing for like 30 minutes. Then it just quits. When I try to turn it one it goes to the WebTV dialup screen again and tries to download the software again. Decided that maybe I've got a bad hard drive. Install another 40GB from another UTV in the unit and try the download and the exact same thing happens. So I decided to try a few other drives and they all do the same thing.

Has anyone had a similar issue with these things?

I have the same problem!

Me too, cant find any help here. I left posts weeks ago i have not recived one reply. do you know another site for UTV?

my reciever does the same thing right now. tryed 2 seagate 80GIG drives.
    Was sent another UTV that was haveing probs "video freezes" picked up a 40GIG WD drive and it took the download and is working. although it took the 3.7. So am waiting on mine to figure a way back to 3.5.

But on mine I think the d/l was corrupt.

DDF

Originally posted by DDF
    But on mine I think the d/l was corrupt.

DDF

Well, I can confirm that it is not a corrupted download. I have performed 5 downloads to 5 different hard drives and have also cloned drives from working UTVs, running 3.5 and 3.7. So I do not believe it has anything to do with the software on the hard drive.. The only thing that I can figure out is that possibly the IDE controller is failed or partially failed..

Now this may be the stupidest question ever Did you try a reboot or even a card reset?

The reason I ask is sometime back, and not that long ago, the same thing happened to me. I unplugged and waited. Re-plugged and the same thing blinking power (green) light. Unplugged again this time overnight. The next morning all was fine when power was reapplied.

Other times, when I have not wanted to wait as long, I have applied the card-reset code and this seemed to help.

Just curious did you try all the above before resorting to such drastic measures (hard drive swap, downloading updates, etc)?

Didn't know of the resets or this forum till after messing with my UTV. LOL

lil by lil werkn the bugs out.

DDF