Thread: 2nd tuner problem

2nd tuner problem

My second tuner has recently begun acting up, giving me "searching for satellite signal" message.
    When I test signal strength Sat 2 gives me no signal on the even transponders and the odd transponders are fine.
    I switched out the lines to check to see if it a tuner problem but then I get no signal on tuner 1.
    I bought a new multi-switch thinking that my old when had gone bad but that did not solve the problem.
    Is it the actual 2nd line coming in to the receiver that is bad?
    Also, the problem is intermittent, sometimes I can go for a few hours with no problem.
    I am a newbie

Re: 2nd tuner problem

Originally posted by Glock115
    My second tuner has recently begun acting up, giving me "searching for satellite signal" message.
    When I test signal strength Sat 2 gives me no signal on the even transponders and the odd transponders are fine.
    I switched out the lines to check to see if it a tuner problem but then I get no signal on tuner 1.
    I bought a new multi-switch thinking that my old when had gone bad but that did not solve the problem.
    Is it the actual 2nd line coming in to the receiver that is bad?
    Also, the problem is intermittent, sometimes I can go for a few hours with no problem.
    if you can, run the cables directly from the LNB to the Tivo. If it works fine, then it might be the multi-switch. If it has the same problem, switch the cables at the LNB end to determine if it's a cable or the LNB itself.

Also, if you have really long cables, you'll need a powered multi-switch.
    SpongeBob is not a contraceptive - Bart S.
    A tabloid, is that one of those really strong mints? - Homer S.

I found out what was wrong. Forgive me for the technical ignorance but the metal piece at the end of the coaxial cable was loose. I removed it and now I have no problem on either tuner.
    I am a newbie