Thread: Replacement PSU for T60

Question Replacement PSU for T60

I swear that I saw a link on here awhile back about a parts company that had a replacement power supply for a T60.

I also noticed that an online reseller is asking $100 for them!!! Well, hopefully there is a better alternative.

Any recommendations?
    Last edited by OvitivO; 06-01-2003 at 07:42 PM.

look here http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showth...threadid=21310 for a $4.50 power supply.

Excellent!

Just to confirm, is this the correct part for a T60?

Yep, that's it. Just follow the instructions on the link I gave you. You will have to un-solder 9 pins on both PS's, and put in the new switching board. It worked for me!

While replacing the switching board may work in some cases, there are other components that have been known to fail. Replacing the switching board is a good place to start but if it doesn'y fix the problem then start checking the outputs of the voltage regulators and loog for bulging capacitors or anything out of the ordinary. There's a thread in the Experts forum that deals with Tivo power supply issues. 1Dave1 has also developed a schematic for a DTivo that should be of some help.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Great information. I appreciate it.

I got my hands on two "as-is" units for next to nothing, so it's time to have some fun.

Yeah, where do you find these "as-is" units? Sure would like to pick up a few.....
    If a goldfish should want a vacation, who would know?

Be on the lookout for plain grey vans that stop in the middle of dark alleys throughout the evening. Tell 'em Rocco sent ya.

No, I actually noticed them at a friends house who doesn't even know what TiVo is. They were left behind in the custom build entertainement center of the house he bought. I mentioned what he could do with them but he wasn't interested. When I got them home, they both didn't power up at all (no lights), but since I got a good deal on them, what the hell.