Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: TyStudio 0.5.0 'Official' thread

As I recall tyindex has a tendency to stop running from time to time. Try killing it and restarting it or rebooting TiVo.

ew

Mpeg video freezing?

I have searched and searched for an answer to my problem with no luck. I have an HDVR2 that I had hacked and everything was working great. Well, one evening after a power outage, the thing refused to boot all the way up. So, I pulled out the drive and installed my backup. However, not all my hacks had been backed up.

I am now trying to get video extraction to work on this DTivo. I have installed mfs_ftp that has been posted in the stickies. I also installed a set of S2 binaries that I found in another thread. I am able to ftp into the tivo and extract the .tmf file. I then extract the TY and convert it to an Mpeg via TYStudio on my PC. When I attempt to play the video via Windows Media Player or any other player the video freezes. I get the audio but the video doesn't play as it should. If I "fast forward", the video will catch up, play normal for a few seconds and then freeze again.

I am stumped!!! Any suggestions to what the problem may be.

BTW, I am using software version 3.1.0-01-2-151.

thanks,

Chris
    www.stangit.com

Originally posted by eastwind
    As I recall tyindex has a tendency to stop running from time to time. Try killing it and restarting it or rebooting TiVo.

ew
    That's what I found, but I don't know the commands to get it running again, and rebooting isn't always an option.

Can you post the command to restart tyindex.

Thanks

Charlie

Originally posted by charliektm400
    That's what I found, but I don't know the commands to get it running again, and rebooting isn't always an option.

Can you post the command to restart tyindex.

Thanks

Charlie
    /var/index/tyindex > /dev/null 2>&1 &
    /var/index/tyserver > /dev/null 2>&1 &

Be sure to run a "ps fax" before to insure that the servers are down. You can use the kill command if not.

Originally posted by rung
    /var/index/tyindex > /dev/null 2>&1 &
    /var/index/tyserver > /dev/null 2>&1 &

Be sure to run a "ps fax" before to insure that the servers are down. You can use the kill command if not.
    There you go again, assuming I know what your talking about.

What's a ps fax and how do you run it.

What and how do you use a kill command?

Sorry to ask the questions, but it's all greek to me.

Charlie

Unhappy Problem viewing ty files with tyStudio Editor

hello, I have pulled four 30 min Cirque du Soleil shows off of my Sat T-60 using TivoWeb with the MfsStream module. The files are on my local hard drive and named: Circfire01.ty (766MB), Cirque du Soleil_ Fire Within-02.ty (957MB), Cirque du Soleil_ Fire Within-03.ty (874MB), and Circfire04.ty (828MB).

When I try to open these with tyStudio Editor I receive the following error: “Failed to load the selected TY file.”

I renamed number 01 and 04 to remove spaces, but still receive the error.

It does not seem like these files are too big because they are only 30 minute clips.

Help.....!!!!

Thanks,

-Erik

Why won't it work for me?

I've tried running Tystudio with Mac OS 10.2, 10.3.1, as well as in Virtual PC. In all cases, I can't even extract anything. I can see the list of my recordings fine once tyserver is running, but all attempts to pull a recording fail. I get the little progress window to come up, but it stays stuck at 0% and no file gets created. It's really frustrating. What am I doing wrong? I have no firewall setup. I thought that tyhttpd might be interfering, but I still have the same problem when it's turned off. Speaking of which, I can successfully pull files through Tivoweb, but they will not play in Tyeditor! Can anybody help?

Thanks,
    Steve

Re: Why won't it work for me?

Originally posted by sstrell
    I've tried running Tystudio with Mac OS 10.2, 10.3.1, as well as in Virtual PC. In all cases, I can't even extract anything. I can see the list of my recordings fine once tyserver is running, but all attempts to pull a recording fail. I get the little progress window to come up, but it stays stuck at 0% and no file gets created. It's really frustrating. What am I doing wrong?
    Have you tried pulling programs using the command-line tools (tyget)? Give that a shot. If nothing else, you might get more descriptive error messages.

- Stealth Dave

Yes, I tried tyget. I forget the error message I got. I'll try again tonight and post it.

Steve

49% and CRASH

I just downloaded two shows from my HDVR2 and when I try opening them in tystudio it crashes at 49% each time. I have an XP computer and X.3 if anyone has any recommendations to use a different program I do have options. Thanks in advance.

0% and no indexing

For any of you getting this problem where you never get indexed files, and you can't even copy the file - turn of the scrambling.

search for unscramble

Re: 0% and no indexing

Originally posted by yage
    For any of you getting this problem where you never get indexed files, and you can't even copy the file - turn of the scrambling.

search for unscramble
    I have autoscramble installed and working on my gxcebot, but I never get any indexes. Is it failing on my scrambled shows? If so, how do I get it to ignore them?

I have a show that for the life of mee I cannot transfer with TYStudio. Lately, it seems that the names of the files are not like and won't transfer unless I rename it to something more conventional. (ie. without different characters or dashes) But I can't get this one to transfer at all. I can watch it on the Tivo fine. I also tried turning off noscramble as suggested above. Still no-go.

Any suggestions?

Nevermind, I guess the file was corrupt and it disappeared. I had done a reboot right before it was recorded and I guess something was fubar with the recording.

Nothing to do with TYStudio. I love this little proggy!

Quote Originally Posted by emyrold
    hello, I have pulled four 30 min Cirque du Soleil shows off of my Sat T-60 using TivoWeb with the MfsStream module. The files are on my local hard drive and named: Circfire01.ty (766MB), Cirque du Soleil_ Fire Within-02.ty (957MB), Cirque du Soleil_ Fire Within-03.ty (874MB), and Circfire04.ty (828MB).

When I try to open these with tyStudio Editor I receive the following error: “Failed to load the selected TY file.”

I renamed number 01 and 04 to remove spaces, but still receive the error.

It does not seem like these files are too big because they are only 30 minute clips.

Help.....!!!!

Thanks,

-Erik

i had this problem too last week with a few old recordings on my tivo. turns out that i had recorded these with version 1.3 of the tivo software. current ty extraction tools only work with tystreams from version 2.0 and above. i found an old version of tydemux(.31 i think) to split the files, then used the latest tytranscode and tymplex to build my mpegs. worked great. this may be your problem too if these are old recordings.