Thread: DSR6000, ZapTivo, TivoMad, What works?

Question DSR6000, ZapTivo, TivoMad, What works?

I have 2 new 80GB Maxtor drives and am ready to upgrade my single drive DSR6000. I would like to know which of the utilities work on the single drive DSR6000. Can I expand the capacity of my A Drive? Will ZapTivo work to clean the dead space on the drive for quick backup? Any other information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    JRTivo

You cannot currently upgrade your A drive. TivoMAd is about to release software to do this and it is currently being beta tested. Once that happens you can upgrade to two 80gb drives. Then when Tiger's utility gets out of beta you can use it to make a really small backup of the whole thing.
    Information wants to be free....

Thanks KRavEN. I will be patient a little longer :-)

TiVoMad was here on this forum a week ago but he didn't say anything about TiVoMad for Dtivo, the problem is that Dtivo already has 2 partions so it would be much harder to do the swap.
    - Vadim
    Administrator

Thanks Vadin,

Using some beta tools last night, I was able to backup my DSR6000 single drive to 137MB file and restore it to a new drive (of same size) taking 10 minutes each way. I also added an 80GB Dimaond Max using BlessTiVo, and now have 108 hrs on my Dtivo.

This will satisfy keep my satisfied until something will allow expanding the a drive. I have another 80GB Maxtor ready for that time :-)

Have fun,
    JRTivo

You are refering to Tiger tools?

I'll PM you about something.

Originally posted by JRTivo
    Thanks Vadin,

Using some beta tools last night, I was able to backup my DSR6000 single drive to 137MB file and restore it to a new drive (of same size) taking 10 minutes each way. I also added an 80GB Dimaond Max using BlessTiVo, and now have 108 hrs on my Dtivo.

This will satisfy keep my satisfied until something will allow expanding the a drive. I have another 80GB Maxtor ready for that time :-)

Have fun,
    JRTivo
    - Vadim
    Administrator