Thread: Using MFSTOOLS2 from the Hard Drive?

Using MFSTOOLS2 from the Hard Drive?

I have burned the MFSTOOLS2 iso and my PC boots fine from it. Can I use this CD to make my TIVO WORK hard drive bootable? I would like to just use it as the system disk rather than the CD.

Thanks,
    Homer Out

I don't have enough Linux savvy to give you a definitive answer but my gut reaction is that you probably shouldn't try. The MFS Tools boot CD is set up to load a Linux kernel into memory and also to recognize your C drive as a DOS partition for copying to and restoring backups from for your Tivo drives. I'm sure that there is a way to do what you suggest but you'd probably have to have a good working knowledge of Linux to set it up.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Captain,

Thanks for the reply. I figured it was something like that. I got what was bugging me to work, swapped out an old Maxtor (Quantum) 2GB for a slightly newe Maxtor 4GB and got it mounted. Practiced restoring and backing up with a new 120GB Seagate for the DTivo 2 coming tomorrow.

Thanks Again,
    Homer Out