Thread: which version of tytools will best benefit me?

which version of tytools will best benefit me?

I need two things:

1st would be successful transfer over turbonet. All I want to do here is transfer my recorded shows from my directivo (running superzap's 2.5.2 upgrade) to my pc. in superzap's upgrade, which noscramble module do i run? i have no scrambled shows and have no plan on having any at all. once no scramble is up and running i record and transfer the stream to a .ty file, but which version of tytools do i use? do i use this or do i use tytool 7r3 (everything as of 6-11-2003).zip ? which one will best suit my needs? I have no intention on editing on the tivo. Do i use nowshowing.tcl and tserver_mfs6 or do i install the server package on this site?

once i transfer the unscrambled show, all i want is the mpeg2 and audio (mpeg audio or ac3) streams. i want the sreams from the ty stream, not transcoded or modified in anyway (unless errors are fixed like fixing the timestamps in ac3 streams). will the latest version of vsplit accompliash this for me?

Thanks

It's always a good practice to use the latest tools available for any hacks offered here. Newer versions generally mean fewer bugs than earlier ones except in perhaps areas that have been added in the later versions. TyStudio and TyTools are two completely different programs that do similar things. TyTool is by far the most complete suite of utilities to get from a ty file to a set of DVD-compliant files ready for burning to DVD. TyStudio has some issues with audio synch that haven't been fixed yet AFAIK. I'd stick with TyTool for the timebeing. TyTool does not provide an option to edit any files on the Tivo itself (neither does TyStudio for that matter; it just lets you mark the cut points prior to transferring the ty file to your PC). Check out my post in this thread and download the zip file. You'll find the original readme file for TyTool in the zip file that tells you how to install and set up TyTool on your Tivo. Check the release notes and other docs in the TyTool7r3.zip file on how to use TyTool on the PC side of things. You can extract the ty files by themselves or split them into elemental streams. TyTool has the vsplit utility built-in and works using the Parse File option.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

thanks, i wont use tystudio, i'll use whats included in the zip file. also, which version of noscramble should i enable with superzaps upgrade?

thanks

The noscramble.o module is enabled by default when you enable noscramble and should be fine. I don't know of any reason to activate the other version indicated in xPlusz.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

captain_video,

thanks for all your help