Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Dtivo and DVDLab

I got the run-length error a couple of times. I think it occurred only when I tried importing TyTool VOBs directly into DVD-Lab and then tried to compile them. The post you referened seems to be similar to the problem I experienced but as I indicated it was probably a corrupted template. Once I scrapped it and started over it worked fine.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

I tried the tytool, create vob/make ifo/import vob into DVDLAB with the latest beta code.

The vobs import fine, but the project will not compile no matter what I do.

I uninstalled DVDLAB and then re-installed 1.3.1 and the whole process was beautiful. This is much better than the de-multiplex and alternative engine.

The only bummer is that if you have alot of episodes (I was doing 46 10 minute segments of a kids show), it takes a while in tytool to do the ifo step on all of them and you have to remember the name correspondence between the .vobs and the original shows.

Anyway, my 2 cents is stay away from the beta stuff until Oscar makes a new release.

Quote Originally Posted by cullen_simpson
    Anyway, my 2 cents is stay away from the beta stuff until Oscar makes a new release.
    We need to test the Betas so can tell Oscar to fix them. I want some of the newer features in the latest beta but a release with bugs for us will make me stick with 1.3.1

So keep 1.3.1, install the beta in other directory, test, report bugs/upload files for Oscar to fix the issues and keep using 1.3.1 for real DVD making.

If you drill down in that posting, it gets to something about backgrounds and buttons in menus. I stopped copying pics to the background, just overlay them, and things seem to be fine.

Homer Out

Quote Originally Posted by captain_video
    I got the run-length error a couple of times. I think it occurred only when I tried importing TyTool VOBs directly into DVD-Lab and then tried to compile them. The post you referened seems to be similar to the problem I experienced but as I indicated it was probably a corrupted template. Once I scrapped it and started over it worked fine.
    DSR-7000/17 and HDVR2 both stuffed, hacked and superpatched via USB 2.0 ethernet (now fakecall'd)

Slider deosn't work for one video

I am using TyTool 9r14 and DVD Lab 1.3. I edit and create VOBs in TyTool with no IFOs (just VOB Mux) and I follow the same procedures as outlined here:

- Import, Demux when doing so
    - Select the video in assets window, go to Tools - Rewrite GOP timecode
    - Create Menus and Movies
    - Drag video and sound to movies then
    - Create chapters
    - Compile with flexible muxer

I've put 6 episodes on a DVD and they all work fine with the slider in PowerDVD except the last one. The slider does not work on the last video as though the GOP timestamps hadn't been fixed. I thought I may have had a funky file there, so I remade the DVD replacing that last one with a completely different episode. I fixed the GOP in DVD Lab and compiled again with the same result.

Any ideas? Thanks for any help!

Quote Originally Posted by Generiq
    I am using TyTool 9r14 and DVD Lab 1.3. I edit and create VOBs in TyTool with no IFOs (just VOB Mux) and I follow the same procedures as outlined here:

- Import, Demux when doing so
    - Select the video in assets window, go to Tools - Rewrite GOP timecode
    - Create Menus and Movies
    - Drag video and sound to movies then
    - Create chapters
    - Compile with flexible muxer

I've put 6 episodes on a DVD and they all work fine with the slider in PowerDVD except the last one. The slider does not work on the last video as though the GOP timestamps hadn't been fixed. I thought I may have had a funky file there, so I remade the DVD replacing that last one with a completely different episode. I fixed the GOP in DVD Lab and compiled again with the same result.

Any ideas? Thanks for any help!
    This may not be the idea you had in mind, but......

Just put five episodes on the DVD.
    Or put a seventh epsiode on that is cut really short (so as to not take up too much room) and see if you can then navigate the sixth one.

ew

I'll take any suggestions, although I did actually try just two and had the same problem, so something is amiss. I've done a SpongeBob DVD for my daughter with 13 episodes and it plays great. I thought it was because I'm editing the IFO to make a PLAY ALL button, but I tested without doing that and had the same issue. Tonight I'm going to start from scratch again and see what happens.

Try creating mpegs instead of VOBs with TyTools and then import them into DVD-Lab. I do this with ty files from a DTivo all the time and I never bother to fix the timecode, although I'm sure it doesn't hurt to do it. I let DVD-Lab set up my chapter stops for me (Movie menu, Auto Chapters option) so I don't have to worry about the time code. I put a dozen episodes of The Simpsons on each DVD and they play fine with no problems, although I don't have them set up to play consecutively. I have a main menu so I can select each episode directly but I'm sure there's a way to have them run one after another in sequence.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Play All Button

It's actually very easy to make a Play All button to play the episodes consecutively. You make a Play All button linked to a blank menu and compile the DVD as usual; next you use IFOEdit to edit the IFO so the blank menu to set a register value (think of it as a 'Play All' flag) and jump to the first video from the blank menu. You then add an IF statement to the PGC command table for each video - if the "Play All" register is set, then go to next video; if not go to Root Menu. You do the same for each video except to the last video. On the last video you either clear the register so the DVD will jump back to root after playing or loop back to video 1 if you'd like it to continually loop.

Here's the How To instructions where I read about it - it works great!

Guide to Play All function in DVD Lab

I've actually started getting a bit more fancy with my first menu too. I was just adding the theme from whatever show the DVD is as background music for the Root Menu. The problem was my wife didn't like how when the video ended the theme just kept looping and I can see her point. Now, when I am finished with my main menu I save just the menu from DVD Lab. Then I insert a blank menu and open the Menu I just saved (so I have 2 identical menus). I remove the audio from this second menu and add a 90 second timeout to the Root Menu with a forced link to the Silent Menu. The effect is the theme plays for 90 seconds and then seems to just stop - really you have jumped to a different menu.

You should be able to set the duration of the audio and/or video clip in your first menu in DVD-Lab. I've created several different series compilations on DVD and have made different types of intros for each one. Here are a few examples of some that I've done:

Babylon 5: Each season of B5 has a new lead-in video segment and opening credits. I created a short video clip for each season and use the one that corresponds to the first episode on that particular DVD. When the intro has finished playing it then switches to the main menu that has individual links to each episode.

Seinfeld: I open with a Seinfeld logo and the Seinfeld theme song playing in the background. When the theme song completes it takes me to the main menu.

The Simpsons: Again, the DVD begins with the opening sequence and credits for a typical Simpsons episode. Most of the syndicated episodes have a truncated intro so I use a full-length intro to start the disc. When it plays through it takes me to the main menu.

I also include a button that overlays the intro video and/or audio clip that will allow you to skip the intro and go right to the main menu. My main menus generally consist of a title splashscreen or still image taken from one of the shows' episodes. I like to capture still frames from each episode and use them with frames as my buttons on the main menu. I insert text underneath each button frame with the episode number and title.

Question Dvd lab help

Hey Guys,

Been using Tytool for about 6 mos now. Just discovered DVD lab from reading the forums here. I have the eval of the latest version 1.3.1 ( I think ).

Followed the basic routine, Mux'ing and importing the MUX'ed flies to DVD Lab. Created menu, and compiled. First couple times I received error messages about improper dvd format or something. Researched the forums here and made some adjustments to the compile settings. My last compile completed correctly, but I have no sound, and the video playback seems like it's in fast forward mode!!

Recap -I'm using TyTool 9r17 and DVD lab 1.3.1. I've tried MUX'ing using both MUX'ing options in TyTool ( which one should I use old format or new format? )

TiA
    Greubin

Also, I'm looking for the Dvd Lab 1.4 beta, the link on their site doesn't redirect to a download page...google search doesn't provide a mirror for downloading.
    Greubin

Problems with DolbyDigital files...

Every time I try to put DD files DVDLab tells me that the stream is encrypted. I try to make the DVD the long way and join the different VOBs but I lose all the chapters and I can't ff or rew.

Does someone know something about that.

Post Walk through using dvdlab1.3.1

How to create a dvd with tytools9r17 and dvdlab 1.3.1.

Thanks to Bato for his help and this Dealdatabase forum with it's many skilled Tivo activists.

I use a tivo stand alone series 2 (TCD240080).

-Jerry

I hope you find this useful.

Quote Originally Posted by jcabello
    Every time I try to put DD files DVDLab tells me that the stream is encrypted.

Does someone know something about that.
    1.32 seems to have fixed that problem.
    Last edited by Jeremy517; 02-14-2005 at 08:11 PM.