Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dtivo and DVDLab

i am having a problem with no audio on my dvd lab projects. i used all the intructions at the beginning of the post including the force audio option and i cannot get any sound on my standalone players. the VOBs play with audio on my pc and the disc itself plays with audio on my dvd rom but nothing on my stand alones. these include many different apexs along with a region free malata 520 so im not sure what the deal is. i am using nero to burn but i dont see how that would anyhting to do with it.
    tystudio - elemental streams- dvdlab- relaxed muxing with forced audio. have used both 720x480 and 480x480 for output options still no sound?????
    ________
    ANGER MANAGEMENT FORUMS
    Last edited by defsrg; 04-29-2011 at 05:07 PM.

Originally posted by bato
    Are you using DVDlab with a mpg or vob from TyTool?
    If VOB, the VOB is from TyTool (vobmux) or from DVDauthor (create IFO files/dirs)?
    I tried both an mpeg and a vob and neither worked. Completely different output from those 2 options now. But both came from TyTool. I suppose i could mux elsewhere but that is not what I was trying to get working... I was looking for just a better way to do fancy menu's.

--jdiner

29 Help going from Tystudio to Tytool

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to upgrade from Tystudio to Tytool 7r2?

rolleyes:

7r2 The current version is 7r6 I believe, and it should work a lot better than that early version!
    I collect old pistols, got any?

7r2?

Ok whatever the version, I just need to know what all needs to be done......

You start by downloading the latest ZIP file and reading the included directions.
    I collect old pistols, got any?

Originally posted by jdiner
    I tried both an mpeg and a vob and neither worked. Completely different output from those 2 options now. But both came from TyTool. I suppose i could mux elsewhere but that is not what I was trying to get working... I was looking for just a better way to do fancy menu's.

--jdiner
    You need DVDlab 1.2 or better just stay away form 1.2.1. You need to select "flexible, any source" multiplexer in the compile DVD window. You may have chapter problems if you cut commercials with tytool without fixing the time code.

If you use the VOB from TyTool (vob-mux) then you can't FF/RW with PowerDVD, this is because some information in the NAV packs created is empty.

If you use a VOB from create IFOs files/dirs (after DVDAuthor with menus) then you will be able to FF/RW in PowerDVD.

If the VOBs have more than 1 Cell ID before using it in DVDlab then you will have counter display problems in your DVD player, because DVDlab doesn't recreate this information, so if you have Cell IDs every 5min and do not create any chapter in DVDlab your player's counter will go from 0 to 5min then back to 0 to 5min, etc. the movie will play ok, but the counter will not work.

Some questions:
    - what version are you using? (1.1, 1.15, 1.2, 1.2.1, 1.2.2b)
    - are you using "flexible, any source" multiplexer in DVDlab?

In theory you can create a mpg from TyTool, then use DVDlab 1.2 or 1.2.2b with flexible muxer and will have a good DVD if you cut start/end only with TyTool. If you cut commercials is better to GOP time code fix the mpg prior to using DVDlab to make the chapters work ok (this information is from previous test, now DVDlab support frame-index, so this may be better than fix the timestamp).

Originally posted by bato
    You need DVDlab 1.2 or better just stay away form 1.2.1.
    I am using 1.2.2 beta. I saw messages before about other versions no complaints about this one. At least not that I saw...

And I used the flexible source. Without that things crash very nicely over and over...

I didn't put in any chapter stops. I was trying to start very simple and work up and even the simple stuff did not work quite right. Just kind of wierd...

--jdiner

even with chapterstops

I am using 1.2.2 beta. I saw messages before about other versions no complaints about this one. At least not that I saw...

And I used the flexible source. Without that things crash very nicely over and over...

I didn't put in any chapter stops. I was trying to start very simple and work up and even the simple stuff did not work quite right. Just kind of wierd...

--jdiner
    using fexible muxer works flawlessly for me

jdiner, as Snoopy said, it works here too, wierd. I'm sorry I can't help you.

sooooo nobody else had the sound issue??? hmmmmmmmmm??
    ________
    Buy roor bongs

Sorry defsrg, I missed your post.

The no audio on standalone issue most of the time is that we are using mpeg audio and not dolby, many players by default only want to play AC3 audio, so you have 2 options:

1) transcode to AC3
    2) go to the setup in your standalone and move the audio options until you get audio

I think if you have a home theater setup maybe you are stuck with PCM or AC3 audio and no MPA, but I'm not so sure about this.

I hope one of this options fix your problem, if so please post back what you changed to make it work, this will help other people with same problem. Thanks.

it seems if it were a standalone issue i wouldnt have any luck with any other programs also, e.g tmpgenc, spruce up etc. i have no audio problems with these programs using the same elemental streams so i am assuming it must either be a setting or something with the m2a file not sure but i will mess around and let everyone know.
    thanx
    ________
    WIKI VAPORIZER

that is wierd man, are you using dvdlab 1.2 or 1.2.2b?, so it plays ok in PC and not in your players and if you use other sofware with same files then the audio plays ok? very wierd.

--jdiner
    Using DVDLab 1.22beta and TyTool 7r6, and a Hughes DTivo Series 1, I do this:

Use tytool to download in ty mode
    create keyfiles
    use GOPEditor to make cuts
    use tytool to multiplex into mpg
    Import the mpg into DVDLab (no time transcoding) and demux
    Make the menus and then compile the DVD with flexible muxing
    I then use Nero to burn the DVD. Nero gives errors, but it works anyway.

With these steps I have found that:
    PowerDVD (at least my version) is basically useless. It starts to play and all seems OK, but you can not use the slider and then
    after about a minute it gets an error and convinces Win2000 that my DVD drive has been removed.

WinDVD works great with the menus and the playback is great except that at about 2 minutes before the end of each seinfeld episode, the video freezed for a sec and then jumps back to the start of the episode. If you use the slider to pass the "bad spot" then you can see the rest of the video. The bad spot does not coincide with a chapter stop.

My home Proscan DVD (so old it was a Divx player) behaves the same as WinDVD with the playback hiccup. The menus look great although for some reason, the navigation does not actually work, I have to use the DVD players menu to select titles and chapters.
    This did not happen on discs I did last week with the default
    button routing feature of DVDLab. However, on this latest disc I changed the button transitions. They work great under WinDVD, but not on the real DVD player.

I can get over the menu issue, but the video hiccup is a real pain.
    I guess I have to redo the timecode thing, but the times in WinDVD and even in DVDLab seem accurate.

Anyway, thought I would throw my 2 cents in.