Thread: TMPGENC DVD Author problem? I think.

TMPGENC DVD Author problem? I think.

Well this is what i did, keep in mind it worked great running it in WinDVD but when i put the DVD-R in my Sony DVD Player, not so good.

I took my MPG and used DVD Patcher to patch the header from 480x480 to 720x480.

Added the MPG to the TMPGENC DVD Author program and it worked with no problem.

I then cut the commercials out

Made my menu

then used DVD Patcher to patch the MPG back to 480x480

Then outputed the MPG to the Audio and Video_ts folders

Burned using Nero

Like i said, played nice on my computer with WinDVD, but when i put the dvd into my Sony DVD player, (Which works fine with the DVD-R discs) the video was like split. I had video on 3/4 of ther screen, then it was double up right next to it, almost like a split screen. Not sure why this is happening. Can anyone shed some light on this problem. Thanks

Matt

I have been using TMPEGenc DVD Author and have not had any problems at all. My workflow is slightly different than yours but I wouldn't thing that would matter.

I use Tytool GOP editor to make my edits

I then multiplex the edited file

I then patch the header to 720x480 and 8 mbps bit rate

import into TMPEGenc DVD Author

Create DVD

Create menu

Output DVD and check with PowerDVD

Burn DVD with Nero or RecordNow Max

I never patch the file back to 480x480

The only thing I notice is that the chapter thumbnail in the menu have a black bar on the side due to the 720 header but the DVD plays just fine and everything works, FF, RW, chapters...

Can't beat it...I just wish there was a way to NOT have chapter submenus, I really don't care for them but haven't found a way to eliminate them...

Re: TMPGENC DVD Author problem? I think.

Originally posted by Matt823

then used DVD Patcher to patch the MPG back to 480x480

Then outputed the MPG to the Audio and Video_ts folders

Burned using Nero

Like i said, played nice on my computer with WinDVD, but when i put the dvd into my Sony DVD player, (Which works fine with the DVD-R discs) the video was like split. I had video on 3/4 of ther screen, then it was double up right next to it, almost like a split screen. Not sure why this is happening. Can anyone shed some light on this problem. Thanks

Matt

Shouldn't have patched it back to 480x480. Just patch it to 720 going in, then cut out the first couple of seconds of video.