Thread: vsplit -c (with mux-demux) feature

vsplit -c (with mux-demux) feature

jdiner;

I followed the topic about vspliting with a cutlist, (very closely) because I too along with bato, prefer the elemental streams over a VOB or .mpg. Would it be possible to include a behind the sceens de-mux task?

I find myself anytime I want to create a dvd commerical free having to go through that process, (de-muxing) to import into Spruce-UP as DVDLab still doesn't like the VOBs created by Tytool. The audio doen't play on a completed titleset. I know there is a infoedit proceedure to fix that but have have limited success with that. SpruceUp seems to be my only option if I want some control of my menus.

(Thanks for your hard work.... I can't thank you enough! I switched back to tytool for extraction as mfs-ftp transfers 0byte files from time to time and also requires another external step to split)
    ~Hi8

(4) Hughes SD DVR40
    (1) Hughes HR10-250
    (2) xbmc XBOX X2 & xbit

First of all I just asked about elementals with vsplit, I don't use elementals at all now, I use mpg or vob with DVDLab and create great DVDs. My information about that is here

If you need help with VOB files from TyTool and DVDlab just ask.

DVDLab 1.2 with flexible muxer can work with Dtivo files without problems.

Originally posted by bato
    First of all I just asked about elementals with vsplit, I don't use elementals at all now, I use mpg or vob with DVDLab and create great DVDs. My information about that is here

If you need help with VOB files from TyTool and DVDlab just ask.

DVDLab 1.2 with flexible muxer can work with Dtivo files without problems.
    OOPS sorry, that's what I get for assuming... Hum, 1.2? didn't know there was an upgrade, I just bought it a week ago (I think) and I got 1.1.

Thanks for the info I will try it for sure , DVDLab is the most intuitive interface I've seen yet! And it's quite fast - and VERY professionally designed.
    ~Hi8

(4) Hughes SD DVR40
    (1) Hughes HR10-250
    (2) xbmc XBOX X2 & xbit

You need to check every week the history page, you can get the update there.

Version 1.2 contain a "flexible" muxer, so you can output a mpg or vob with TyTool, then import that in DVDLab, let it demux the file and in compile DVD window select "flexible, any source" engine.

Note: I have 1 ty file that tytool create a VOB with perfect sync, IFO files/dirs also, even I can use that VOB in DVDLab (the one after DVDAuthor) without problems, but if I GOP fix with mpeg2vcr, or demux/remux with any tool the sync is lost in some heavy pixalation (bad weather I think), so if I demux and use DVDLab then I get sync problems also. What I'm trying to say is that tytool's magic sometimes is lost with a demux/mux operation, so test your DVD before burning.

You need to check every week the history page, you can get the update there.

Version 1.2 contain a "flexible" muxer, so you can output a mpg or vob with TyTool, then import that in DVDLab, let it demux the file and in compile DVD window select "flexible, any source" engine.

Note: I have 1 ty file that tytool create a VOB with perfect sync, IFO files/dirs also, even I can use that VOB in DVDLab (the one after DVDAuthor) without problems, but if I GOP fix with mpeg2vcr, or demux/remux with any tool the sync is lost in some heavy pixalation (bad weather I think), so if I demux and use DVDLab then I get sync problems also. What I'm trying to say is that tytool's magic sometimes is lost with a demux/mux operation, so test your DVD before burning.
    Thanks, I got 1.2 and am muxing as I type... you only mentioned .mpg & .vob; have you tried importing .m2a & .m2v files? that would save a step for me, I most burn to DVD only Movies, don't need to go thru the cutting process.. just select chapter points and start the movie at chapter 2

Thanks for the info.. & help.
    ~Hi8

(4) Hughes SD DVR40
    (1) Hughes HR10-250
    (2) xbmc XBOX X2 & xbit

Yep tried m2v/m2a files and it works too. You can do as you say, start at chapter X, even you can trim the m2v in DVDLab but I found the process slow, hope Oscar can find a way to only put a mark there and when muxing stop at that point.

Remember that you can find a ty with sync problems (most of the time with bad video), if you find this rare case you can try tystudio and maybe it will fix the problem or you need to go the TyTool-DVDAuthor-Vob-(VOBedit-mpeg2vcr)-DVDLab step by step.

Yep tried m2v/m2a files and it works too. You can do as you say, start at chapter X, even you can trim the m2v in DVDLab but I found the process slow, hope Oscar can find a way to only put a mark there and when muxing stop at that point.

Remember that you can find a ty with sync problems (most of the time with bad video), if you find this rare case you can try tystudio and maybe it will fix the problem or you need to go the TyTool-DVDAuthor-Vob-(VOBedit-mpeg2vcr)-DVDLab step by step.
    I'm having trouble getting to a titleset... each time I comple a DVD it creates the MOVIE1.VOB MOVIE2.VOB menu bmps and the AUDIO/VIDEO directories but never creates any files within the video_ts directory, hence I never get anything to burn!

also a confusing setting, what's the purpose of the cut vob to stream length ?
    Last edited by Hi8; 06-21-2003 at 04:05 PM.
    ~Hi8

(4) Hughes SD DVR40
    (1) Hughes HR10-250
    (2) xbmc XBOX X2 & xbit

This in DVDlab or DVDAuthor? I never get this problem, always get all IFOs and VOBs in VIDEO_TS folder.

This in DVDlab or DVDAuthor? I never get this problem, always get all IFOs and VOBs in VIDEO_TS folder.
    DVDLab; it happened every time 3 different sets. What I end up having to do, is going back in with DVDLab; and deleting the movie references, and assets that were seleted and select the NEW .MOVIE1.VOB & MOVIE2.VOB and build another titleset(compile) using fast DVD compliant files.
    Last edited by Hi8; 06-22-2003 at 07:24 AM.
    ~Hi8

(4) Hughes SD DVR40
    (1) Hughes HR10-250
    (2) xbmc XBOX X2 & xbit

There's a 1.2.1 update with some changes with flexible muxer, you can give that a try.